Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How much is the subscription fee exactly?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
How much is the subscription fee exactly?

murkraz
01.21.2012 , 08:24 AM | #1
Hi,

My first month runs out today, or it should have already but it hasn't yet. I love the game, but out of my first month, at least 5 days of that time was gone from maintenance being after work, or plain too long so I couldn't play. The first initial two days of playing on release gave me issues as well. The credit card on file is depleted, wasn't at the time of subscription, but might have like $3 on it now.

I have a bank account setup with paypal, with $15.50 in the balance. I know Sub is either $14 or 14.99, I live in Newfoundland, Canada, and I'm not sure if I want to risk it since PayPal has caused me aeons of problems in the past.

What kind of taxes are thrown onto the fee? Or is it possible to use two methods if the bank is off by a few cents?

Thanks a bunch
"Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate."
― C.G. Jung

murkraz
01.21.2012 , 08:37 AM | #2
Hate to do this, but bump! These forums move way too fast, on a freight train for the 3rd page already.
"Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate."
― C.G. Jung

shadowcatz
01.21.2012 , 08:48 AM | #3
I live in South Carolina and I just got charged 14.99, no taxes. I wish I could tell you for sure if you were going to be charged extra or not, I'm not too savy on things like that but chances are you won't have to. I believe states like Cali and (I forget who else) have taxes on subscriptions. As for the US to Canada part...I honestly have no clue Wish I could give you a better answer, but this is all I know for sure.
(▀▀╠╣▀(δ)▀╠╣{▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

TomWhiting
01.21.2012 , 08:53 AM | #4
No taxes, this is a service, not a product
As someone else said, $14.99 should be it

murkraz
01.21.2012 , 09:33 AM | #5
Thank you both for your replies

I remember with WoW it would be taxed a little, if anybody else can confirm 14.99 firm I'd greatly appreciate it.
― C.G. Jung

Cikala
01.21.2012 , 09:46 AM | #6
If your wow subscription was taxed, then I feel confident saying your swtor subscription will be as well. It's based on where you live. Some states/governments impose a tax on online goods/services, and some don't. Since this is exactly the same type of service as wow, expect the same taxes.

murkraz
01.21.2012 , 10:06 AM | #7
I lived in another part of Canada when I played WoW, or last looked something like that.

Everyone I know says 15 bucks but I always bad luck with these things.

Are there any mods active on Saturday?
― C.G. Jung

Jazlar
01.21.2012 , 04:28 PM | #8
I live in Ontario and I just renewed for 6 months today and I WAS charged tax. It was about $10 for the 6 month price. However, mine was supposed to be charged a couple days ago and my credit card was over the limit. I just got the notice today that it didn't go through. So they may actually give you an extra day or two.