Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lightsabers/alignment?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Lightsabers/alignment?

Crunksta
01.21.2012 , 03:18 AM | #1
Noob here, I have a level 19 Sage; and it seems like every light saber I come across requires atleast light 1 or dark 1(other than the first blade, which I am still wielding at lvl 19 btw).
I am trying to play as neutral alignment, are there any weapons for me? Or will I be forced into choosing a side?

Kyle_Lin
01.21.2012 , 03:20 AM | #2
Orange crystals are neutral.

Green or Blue are Light 1 and above, Red ones are Dark 1 and above.

Crunksta
01.21.2012 , 03:34 AM | #3
Ohhh I see, if I buy a saber with commendations, can I change the crystal to a neutral crystal and wield it?

GenBelisarius
01.21.2012 , 03:39 AM | #4
Yes you can do that.

derrytest
01.21.2012 , 05:25 AM | #5
Read the crystals.. red arent dark one and above, they're forbiddin to light 1 and above, vice versa for blue so they shuld be available for neutral

Queen_Ultima
01.21.2012 , 05:29 AM | #6
There are still sabers which require dark/light 1

Op, you can always just find a neutral orange quality saber and level with that, just replace the mods in the saber, no need to keep finding one as you level. Your first saber should be orange quality come to think of it
Bridget for Sith Empress!

Tangenobi
01.21.2012 , 01:21 PM | #7
So if I grab one that's lets say dark 3 and above. If I remove the crystal and put in a green light side crystal I can use it if im light aligned? I hope so,cause the darkside hilts look better imo
Jedi Sentinel- Tan-jenobi (Tan-Jenobee) Jedi Guardian-GyonGunslinger- BlastmastaJedi Shadow- Ky'zin
Commando- Radonn
Sage- Dartanus

JacenHallis
01.21.2012 , 03:05 PM | #8
Probably not. I tried that on a dropped Dark I-required saber once. I pulled out the red crystal, and the Dark requirement remained. It was attached to the weapon itself, and not the crystal.

You can probably tell whether it's the crystal or not by how it's worded. The red crystal's restriction is "Forbidden to Light I or above." The saber was worded as "Requires Dark I or above."
Ruminara Ven
Passion, yet serenity.