Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

PreOrder waves

Darth_Mavliek's Avatar


Darth_Mavliek
12.14.2011 , 04:11 PM | #1
did they really just begin sending emails to october pre orders? i ordered on december 8th and didnt think it would go so fast. How many waves are they hoping on sending out by the dn of the day, how ling til the december people get in do you guys think?

Rulyen's Avatar


Rulyen
12.14.2011 , 04:13 PM | #2
Invitations have all been sent out for today. They will resume tomorrow morning. Some people are guessing as early as Friday for December pre-orders, but nobody is for sure yet.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=12818 is an awesome thread that is keeping track of the windows that invitations are targeting each day.

GrolschUK's Avatar


GrolschUK
12.14.2011 , 04:14 PM | #3
I thought today ended towards Late August.
Judging by various posts and links my very rough guesses (and probably waaaaay off the mark) will be:

Thursday: September - Early Oct
Friday: Mid/Late Oct - November
Saturday: December

If that is roughly right, great, if everyone is in sooner, even better, if later, meh I should have registered earlier

Vialator's Avatar


Vialator
12.14.2011 , 04:14 PM | #4
This is redonkculas - we paid for early access- hence the extra charge on top of the game (5 for me) from Origin- so why they doing this- its like stealing.
Huh?

Rulyen's Avatar


Rulyen
12.14.2011 , 04:16 PM | #5
You were not charged 5 for early access. You were charged 5 for a processing fee from Origin, something I assume can be compared to sales tax, since you are purchasing the game online, and thus not receiving a hard copy.

BGeorges's Avatar


BGeorges
12.14.2011 , 04:17 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Vialator View Post
This is redonkculas - we paid for early access- hence the extra charge on top of the game (5 for me) from Origin- so why they doing this- its like stealing.
For the umpteenth time.... there was never any additional charge. The money paid for preorder/early game access goes towards the final purchase price of the game.

I am a very patient person, but I am so tired of hearing this complaint when it is out of complete ignorance with no desire to learn how the system actually works.

I am sorry, but check your bank account and you will find that I am correct.


________EDIT________

Quote: Originally Posted by Rulyen View Post
You were not charged 5 for early access. You were charged 5 for a processing fee from Origin, something I assume can be compared to sales tax, since you are purchasing the game online, and thus not receiving a hard copy.
Say whaaaat? Not even my friends who ordered from Origin were charged this to my knowledge. Is this true?

Wookielol's Avatar


Wookielol
12.14.2011 , 04:18 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by GrolschUK View Post
I thought today ended towards Late August.
Judging by various posts and links my very rough guesses (and probably waaaaay off the mark) will be:

Thursday: September - Early Oct
Friday: Mid/Late Oct - November
Saturday: December

If that is roughly right, great, if everyone is in sooner, even better, if later, meh I should have registered earlier
From what Ive seen the last wave of preorders ended like Oct. 4th or so for today.

JediOwner's Avatar


JediOwner
12.14.2011 , 04:22 PM | #8
My Origin receipt:

Product SKU: 71185
Product Name: STAR WARS(TM): The Old Republic(TM) Digital Deluxe Edition Pre-Order
Qty Ordered: 1
Amount: $5.00
Digital Rights: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX


Product SKU: 71199
Product Name: STAR WARS(TM): The Old Republic(TM) Digital Deluxe Edition (Pre-Ordered)
Anticipated Released Date: Targeting Holiday 2011
Qty Ordered: 1
Amount: $74.99


(shrug) Not exactly crystal.

Mirlock's Avatar


Mirlock
12.14.2011 , 04:22 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Mavliek View Post
did they really just begin sending emails to october pre orders? i ordered on december 8th and didnt think it would go so fast. How many waves are they hoping on sending out by the dn of the day, how ling til the december people get in do you guys think?
Ive been looking at all the treads and looking at the pre order amounts for each month.

going on all this info

tommorrow (15th) Invites will be upto 10th-15th nov
&
The rest should be in on the 16th

that will be a total of about 1mill pre orders

fingers crossed for you matey your get at least 3 days head start which is much the same as most mmos give

Ninje
Dont Eat What You Cant Fry

redguar's Avatar


redguar
12.14.2011 , 04:23 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by BGeorges View Post
For the umpteenth time.... there was never any additional charge. The money paid for preorder/early game access goes towards the final purchase price of the game.

I am a very patient person, but I am so tired of hearing this complaint when it is out of complete ignorance with no desire to learn how the system actually works.

I am sorry, but check your bank account and you will find that I am correct.


________EDIT________



Say whaaaat? Not even my friends who ordered from Origin were charged this to my knowledge. Is this true?
amen 2 that