Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Any loot or reward for killing a player?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Any loot or reward for killing a player?

bwoc
12.14.2011 , 04:11 PM | #1
Don't really see if there is any real reward to fighting in the open world.. was wondering about that..

And are they going to have any type of territory control or thing to fight over?

I realize they don't tout the game as a sandbox mmo, but then they talk about adding capital ships. Anything worth actually fighting over?

Mavic
12.14.2011 , 04:22 PM | #2
Tears.

If that's not enough you're not a real PvP'er. Just chasing another carrot.
Mavix
<Morgan Freeman's Voice>

Sotall
12.14.2011 , 04:47 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Mavic View Post
Tears.

OP actually has the right idea, this is what made warhammer such a game, controlling zones could equal a city push, which is what made going into the RvR lakes worth the effort and time. Going into an open area just to kill anything that's red gets old, even with as much as I enjoy to grief the enemy players.

Cameirus
12.14.2011 , 04:51 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Sotall View Post
OP actually has the right idea, this is what made warhammer such a game, controlling zones could equal a city push, which is what made going into the RvR lakes worth the effort and time. Going into an open area just to kill anything that's red gets old, even with as much as I enjoy to grief the enemy players.
Difficult to implement without dedicated rvr zones, as it would not really work on pve servers most of the time. Not impossible, but tricky.

Rogmar
12.14.2011 , 04:51 PM | #5
Tears.

If that's the reward, then it's just going to encourage camping low-levels which isn't really PvP to begin with.
Picture me Trollin'

Melderyni
12.14.2011 , 04:54 PM | #6
I agree with the OP. Tangible objectives vastly improve the PVP experience.

Control of scarce resource areas is something a top-notch PVP game should incorporate, as well as having factions receive bonuses for controling certain areas for a given amount of time.

"This is my blaster rifle; there are many others like it, but this one is mine!"

Sotall
12.14.2011 , 04:56 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Cameirus View Post
Difficult to implement without dedicated rvr zones, as it would not really work on pve servers most of the time. Not impossible, but tricky.
Keep in mind, the original Dev team that made Warhammer great (in its prime) were pulled into BioWare after EA bought the rights to Warhammer. Knowing that, I see some great potential for this game but it's still too early to tell, and with RvR or large scale PvP areas you really need a large player base to support it. In the end I'll be pleasantly surprised if things of that nature make it into the game.

Hagz_Rampage
12.14.2011 , 05:20 PM | #8
full loot go =P

Obbu
12.14.2011 , 05:32 PM | #9
Tears.

The presence of a carrot means more pvp for the 'real pvpers', meaning overall better, more intense combat, more often.

I'd take a better game over a feeling of entitlement anyday :P

bwoc
12.14.2011 , 05:43 PM | #10
I just like to feel like I've won something. Or especially if you join a guild have other guilds wan't to fight you for what you have.

Take your things..

SWTOR is in a very unique position in MMOs in that they can create different worlds to be different things..

Like open world PVP on PVE servers.

So the sky is the limit as far as the game is concerned. I'm just wondering where the PVP team is going with this. It would be very cool to have factions be able to take over towns or forts or whatever and control them until another group takes over..

Or on a smaller scale have guild war fare for cretin occupiable areas. Not to mention some type of loot table for players. I mean the cheap thrill of open world action only goes so far.. It' becomes an adrenaline rush that causes you to shake when there is something to lose or gain A LA Darkfall..