Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Empire = Alliance

01.21.2012 , 04:53 AM | #21
An Empire without Sith -- because we deserve better!

01.21.2012 , 12:23 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Backbones View Post
Considering Sith can be lightside (my sith warrior is currently Light IV) and one of the semi-early empire quest chains have you learn about the revanites (empire forceusers that try to embrace both the dark and the light side of things, as opposed to purely the dark side that is 'official' doctrine given by propaganda) I would say you are mislead in your claim.

There's plenty of non-sith among empire npcs that are outright evil in their undertakings and the quests they want to give you, so claiming it is a 'sith issue' would be like claiming that because you don't like apples, any fruit you come across is bound to be something you don't like.

The most interesting thing I've gotten out of playing a lightside sith, is to see just how opiniated and hypocritical most jedi are. Very few of them actually follow the light and 'walk the path of peace' (but at least some of them do), while the majority just goes into predjudiced hatemode as soon as they see a sith, irregardless of wether it is warranted or not...

01.21.2012 , 01:20 PM | #23
They never really wanted to kill Thrall for not being wanting to be a slave.. they want to kill him because he is an Orc and most think Orcs are brutal and deserve to be killed because of what they did in the first two wars.

01.21.2012 , 02:02 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Backbones View Post
The irony being I prefer Republic over Empire and Sith over Jedi.

Emotion and passion=Love and compassion, anger and hate, fear and sadness, etc.

Sadly, most Sith are too blind to realize that, despite their message being better and more of a 'good guy' philosophy than the Jedi philosophy.
"Bet you heard we ain't in the pris'ner takin' bisness. We in the killin' Imperial bisness." -Me, before every Warzone

Quote: Originally Posted by Kabjat View Post
Explosive, you always make so much sense. And here as well you do not disappoint.

01.21.2012 , 02:22 PM | #25
Having characters on both sides of this game and having played that "other" game for 7 yrs.

Alliance = Republic
Horde = Empire

01.21.2012 , 06:22 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Biggrouse View Post
horde wasn't evil

there were more alliance than horde

alliance always won on most of the servers i played on
The horde as a whole wasn't evil but many of their undead allies are. Like for example the undead quest that has you poison humans just for the fun of watching them suffer.

The empire as a whole isn't evil but many of their Sith allies are. Like for example the Sith quest that has you poison people to instill fear in the enemy. But really it was for that one Sith lords amusement.
Che Guevara: Its a sad thing not to have friends, but it is even sadder not to have enemies.

01.21.2012 , 06:54 PM | #27
Got to remember, we're not playing "every day people" we're playing "heroes" of each faction. Jedi are easier to play as "shades of grey" as the Jedi are much more about balance. much fun to just be EVIL...however BW went a little overboard and made them caricatures of villains in quests..

01.21.2012 , 11:08 PM | #28
agreed with the overboard part...but in a grand picture I dont see the empire as evil nor the sith for that matter. I see that some sith take things too far and are evil, but you run into plenty of sith that dont show this over the top lack of thinking "i'm going to do it cause its evil" thinking.

Also other than the too far crowd, the sith and jedi are basically two splits of the same religion.

Mind you the jedi kept on attacking the sith the last war after they were think the sith are over that yet?Think Kill zone if any of you have played that.

The jedi have also had their *** moments as well.

This is truthfully different ideologies and not truly good and the republic corruption and ineffectiveness is what led to the empires rise nearly every time.

01.21.2012 , 11:37 PM | #29
This contains some spoilers from Voss! Read at own risk!

As stated earlier, the Jedi did begin this whole bout with their religious persecution of Ajunta Pall and his disciples... but they took it to an entirely new level after Sadow's invasion:

01.21.2012 , 11:57 PM | #30
Heh. The Jedi were never the aggresors when it came to the Schisms. Each time, the Dark Side users who were rebelling from the Order attacked and unleashed Dark Side abominations on the Jedi and Republic first...(the jedi did not persecute the dark siders in the second schism...the Dark Jedi/Sith are always first to attack without any warning) can't really blame the Jedi for defending themselves. Why start a war, sweeping through republic space killing all in your way, if you're not prepared to be on the losing side? And the Jedi weren't the ones who hunted the Sith down after the GHW, that was the Supreme Chancellor and Republic troops. This is shown in the timeline entry on this website.

But the Jedi are the evil ones, right.
Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.
- T Paine