Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Empire = Alliance

Halofax
01.21.2012 , 12:03 AM | #1
Knowledge time.

Empire is the richer faction, the faction with Lavish armor and beautiful cities.

Republic = horde.

Out fleet has freaking dirty tents in it.

The alliance were never good guys. They were trying to murder thrask for not wanting to be a slave.

The hell is that being the good guy.

acheros
01.21.2012 , 12:04 AM | #2
its a good thing this isn't WoW.

aznthecapn
01.21.2012 , 12:06 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Halofax View Post
Knowledge time.

Empire is the richer faction, the faction with Lavish armor and beautiful cities.

Republic = horde.

Out fleet has freaking dirty tents in it.

The alliance were never good guys. They were trying to murder thrask for not wanting to be a slave.

The hell is that being the good guy.
Who is "thrask"?

Explosive_Lasers
01.21.2012 , 12:08 AM | #4
It's a damned matter of opinion.

Empire is a more strict, regimental, and hierarchy-based society. Force-users start bloodlines that stay in power for a long time, and hold sway over most of the government. Slavery is supported, racism is sometimes prevalent, and there's a large amount of corruption. It kind of depends on viewpoint in a little way, as those that work their tails off can rise through the ranks to be successful.

Republic is more of a democratic and equal society. The Force-users in the Republic are more servants of the people and protectors, but do hold a lot of power in the government. Equality is promoted among the races, despite squabbles among individual races. It also wavers a bit on viewpoints, sometimes appearing a bit weak, and like there's corruptions in the ranks. The amount of space it covers is hard to control with a Democratic-Republic, and the difficulty shows.
"Bet you heard we ain't in the pris'ner takin' bisness. We in the killin' Imperial bisness." -Me, before every Warzone

Quote: Originally Posted by Kabjat View Post
Explosive, you always make so much sense. And here as well you do not disappoint.

Halofax
01.21.2012 , 12:12 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by aznthecapn View Post
Who is "thrask"?
Thrall's brother.

Read the books.

aznthecapn
01.21.2012 , 12:15 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Halofax View Post
Thrall's brother.

Read the books.
Warhammer 40K novels are as geeky as I get. And that's pretty far down the spectrum from MMOs and Jawa plushies (yes, he's sitting on my desk while I listen to the Howling Fjord music from WoW because I miss it).

Halofax
01.21.2012 , 12:16 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by aznthecapn View Post
Warhammer 40K novels are as geeky as I get. And that's pretty far down the spectrum from MMOs and Jawa plushies (yes, he's sitting on my desk while I listen to the Howling Fjord music from WoW because I miss it).
Lol i spelled thrall wrong, i'll admit it.

But I dont get why the bad guys are always liked to the horde.

The only bad guys in WoW are the blood elves and Undead. Everyone else is just shades of grey.

Kabloosh
01.21.2012 , 12:28 AM | #8
The republic is probably the richer of the 2 factions or at least was but the Empire spent the last few centuries building a massive military to overwhelm the Republic which wasn't really prepared for it.

tecnicrow
01.21.2012 , 12:33 AM | #9
Empire = Empire
Republic = Republic

WoW that way ===>>

Wrevan
01.21.2012 , 12:38 AM | #10
Fact: Republic was never the Good Guys.

In fact it was the Jedi's relentless persecution of the "Dark" offshoot of their religion that's led to this entire mess for hundreds of millennia, not unlike how Earth religions treat their spin-offs.

Surely they could've found some way to accommodate Ajunta Pall and his philosophies.

Spoiler