Camera Spins with Left click button

Moulinrogue

As the title says, the camera spins uncontrollably when i use my left mouse button on the terrain. All I want to do is reposition my camera view up or down or left/right as I am running and what happens is that the camera spins...fast. It makes for a very sloppy game play and almost impossible in a dungeon, where fast camera changes AND accurate manual camera changes are needed.

Camera rotation is set to 0(zero), camera pivot..I have tried all possible combo's

Right mouse button does work but is SUPER sensitive and almost as bad.

I have checked everywhere..keybinds, mouse controls, controls, graphics..I am all out of ideas.

Anyone?

Edited by Moulinrogue

You will want to find the "Camera Rotation" slider setting in controls options. Most everyone has turned it down below 6% to get something playable. If that doesn't stop it from spinning... there may be something bound outside to your left mouse button? Like in your mouse's setup software? What kind of mouse do you have, and what windows version?

You will want to find the "Camera Rotation" slider setting in controls options. Most everyone has turned it down below 6% to get something playable. If that doesn't stop it from spinning... there may be something bound outside to your left mouse button? Like in your mouse's setup software? What kind of mouse do you have, and what windows version?

Razer Naga mouse. Set to '0' for rotation. Windows 7 I checked outside of game settings. All is as it should be, I did change the primary mouse button to the right button and now the actions it does are swtiched..but still the same as for results.

Maybe a mouse change..but...ya I love my razer naga

Edited by Moulinrogue

• 3 weeks later...

Hello guys.

Well, I can say you are not the only one with this problem.

I too have a Razor Naga (Molten edition) and Windows 7 installed.

I find the spin to be awefully random though. Most of the time, it spins me 90 degrees either left or right.

There are moments however, when it piviots me 180, and even times where it pans me up/down.

I shall monitor this thread!

Thats me as well! And I also have a razor naga... so I wonder if its something in the naga programming? I mouse move and turn pretty much exclusively, and I find the rotation to be so fast (and its set to 0) that I end up running into walls a lot of the time. So annoying!

• 1 month later...

I had this problem as well. Ironically, my Naga on my gaming PC worked fine at default settings. The problem for me was on my MacBook Pro running Windows 7 under BootCamp. Since it uses a touchpad, the mechanic is slightly different, in that you have to double-one-finger-click to put the camera into free rotate mode, but doing so made the camera spin uncontrollably. This worked to fix my problem; hopefully it will work for you too:

From the French SW:TOR Forums, posted by FleshFeast:

I found a way to lower the mouse sensitivity below what the in game option allows.

I'm not sure about the Windows XP location, but for Windows 7, go to:

C:\users\*username*\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\sett ings\

There should be an .ini file called Username_Account.ini

For example, mine is called Fleshfeast_Account.ini

Open that in Notepad and look for this line:

Controls_CameraRotationSpeed = 0.10000000149

Change the number to something lower. This is the value it showed for me, and I had my in game setting all the way down to the lowest. I changed mine to 0.08000000149 and it feels about right. The acceleration is still a huge annoyance, but at least it's not so sensitive anymore.

Just a note: You may have to disable Windows' tendency to hide system files and folders under "Organize -> Folder and Search Options -> View" in order to see the AppData directory.

Let me know if you guys get any satisfaction from this.

Edited by misterME