Allow Quick Travel to select the ship as a destination.

kretar

It would make cross planet travel much less of a headache.

Also, how about letting us use the speeder in the spaceport. Why can't we already, some sort of Spaceport Law?

Even better, put a speeder flight path outside our hangars. Spaceports would logically have local transport (think taxis outside airports).

Something to improve travel between ship and planet would be nice. Otherwise, those orbital loading station screens will surely drive me bonkers. Maybe just removing those air loading lock screens of doom would be a step in the right direction? ;)

For example, traveling from Ilum to Belsavis looks like this:

1. Ilum - quick travel or taxi, click shuttle door > loading screen
  2. run through orbital station, click airlock lift button > loading screen
  3. run through airlock, click ship entrance > loading screen > departure movie > loading screen
  4. inside ship - use galaxy map, click ship exit > arrival movie > loading screen
  5. run through airlock, click lift button > loading screen
  6. run through orbital station, click shuttle door > loading screen
  7. Belsavis

I actually ran it twice, to make sure I am writing this down correctly. Should I be glad that the number of loading screens during this travel sequence is still in single digits?

Edited by Nepumuk

Actually, there are no loading screens between the hangar, docking bay/orbital station and the actual planet, those are merely fade to blacks for effect rather than actual loading screens... kind of a technicality I know.

But anyway, I am all for this suggestion, I might also like a galactic bind point that we can set as our "home", so that you can travel there from anywhere in the galaxy, as an RPer I need to be on (say) Tython quite often, but if I'm in the middle of a quest area the journey can take quite a while, so maybe an item that lets us return to one point set as "home" would be handy, it can even have a six hour cooldown for all I care.

Actually, there are no loading screens between the hangar, docking bay/orbital station and the actual planet, those are merely fade to blacks for effect rather than actual loading screens... kind of a technicality I know.

No matter if the screen is black, or has a picture with a progress bar, I experience both as loading screens.

Edited by Nepumuk

It would make cross planet travel much less of a headache.

Also, how about letting us use the speeder in the spaceport. Why can't we already, some sort of Spaceport Law?

Even better, put a speeder flight path outside our hangars. Spaceports would logically have local transport (think taxis outside airports).

Totally agree, its really a pain to have to run all the way to the ship if for example you want to do your daily missions and then run all the way back to the planet to continue what you were doing or just to get back to the cantina before logging off to get rested xp.

So adding to the OP's suggestion as i think it is related, i would suggest that the ship should be a resting place also, it's really ridiculous that its not already.