Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

About fn had it with these drop tables

Sivenom
01.21.2012 , 10:46 AM | #21
Well, I haven't been doing HM's for very long but I would say I've seen a total of 2 aim pieces... the rest were cunning, jug tank, or non-tank wis gear. Needless to say those quite a few runs geared everyone but me(assassin tank). I am taking this as, the loot tables are supposed to represent a percentage of the population, maybe?

Only guessing this because if I don't run into a bounty hunter, I run into a sniper, marauder, jugg tank, OR sorcerer. I've seen another assassin a total of once since early release on my server. And they weren't a tank. I'm not saying there aren't more but... hell if I found them.

I've seen mercenaries out the wazzoo though. I don't often group with them, downside. And powertechs less. Just luck of the draw usually, filled by time they wisp.
All assassins had a full-length mirror in their rooms, because it would be a terrible insult to anyone to kill them when you were badly dressed. -- Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett

Sheridyn
01.21.2012 , 11:28 AM | #22
Ran 5 hard mode flashpoints today, two troopers in the group. No trooper/BH loot apart from some Tionese-quality gloves.

Random loot is random, deal with it.

arnoldlol
01.21.2012 , 01:23 PM | #23
That's kind of funny, we usually don't run with warriors and that's all we get. My khem is DECKED though, and I don't even use him...
Cali Killed Nox
o [Website] o [Stream] o

Onerats
01.21.2012 , 02:13 PM | #24
I dunno. Seems some people are seeing fairly normal loot and others obscenely skewed loot. All I know is that this is far from random. 15 runs through BT shouldn't result in only 4 non BH drops. The odds of that are astronomical, and there are others that are seeing the same thing over a much larger scale.

Maybe this is a bug that is confined to only portions of the population somehow? Can't imagine how that could happen though.

Trochy
01.21.2012 , 02:21 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by cdstephen View Post
For the lulz I guess? For OPs this doesn't happen.
Wrong, I was given assassin tanking boots as a BH

Kegero
01.21.2012 , 04:23 PM | #26
Hi there,

I'm currently one out of 4000 people to whome the following (statistically) applies:

24 hard mode flashpoints in a row without a single trooper token from the endboss. This includes three complete Kaon runs, hence a total of 27 item tokens. Bad luck? Maybe, but this translates to a chance of 0.04%.

Wrote a ticket about it today and being curious if there will be any response. Heck, I looted more tokens for other classes (with greed) than trooper tokens because my teammates didn't need them anymore. Needless to say im p|$$ed.

lotj
01.21.2012 , 07:25 PM | #27
Seems like the rng is seeded based on something in the group.

Running with the same 4-man hm group every day for the past three weeks, here are our drops :

Maelstrom Prison : Jedi Councilor Boots
Battle of Ilum : Commando Off-hand
False Emperor : Smuggler chest
Rise of the Rakghouls : Jedi Knight head (bonus boss), Jedi Councilor head (final boss)

False Emp we've run about a dozen times, and only twice did we not see the smuggler chest (both times it was the commando one). Maelstrom Prison we've run three times, Battle of Ilum we've run three times, Rise we've run twice (but saw identical loot off of both bosses).

Random is random? Probabilities for these strings assuming uniform distribution on the four tokens...

Maelstrom Prison : 3 runs, probability of all three being the same is 1/16
Battle of Ilum : 3 runs, probability of all three being the same 1/16
False Emperor : 12 runs, 10 out of 12 were the same, probability is 0.00015 ("high" estimate, 4 * bindist(0.25, 12, 10) -- does not account for two failures being the same)
Rise of the Rakghouls : 2 runs with 2 drops each, probability is 1/16

Based on other threads on this subject, it seems like going with different groups will give you different drops, so it might be something silly like the rng used for loot drops is being seeded with something static in the group.

Turibur
01.21.2012 , 07:43 PM | #28
Im a BH.
I dinged 50 three days ago.
I've done 3 HM Flashpoints so far, 2x BT and Kaon under siege,
I now have two pairs of columni bracers and one columni helmet.
I like these droprates.
Hurr.
Durr.

Nipag
01.21.2012 , 08:14 PM | #29
To the OP:

LOL u mad bro?

Learn to deal with a random loot table.

Onerats
01.21.2012 , 10:19 PM | #30
Apparently you didn't read the post, or any following. The point is that it doesn't seem random. It seems like only certain items are dropping, to the complete exclusion of other items.. and it seems like the group makeup is a possible determining factor.