Salvation/Revivification Discrepency (Sage/Sorc AOE Heal)

Ashkelon

Since launch, there has been a discrepancy between the 31 point talented AOE heal for Sages and Sorcerers (Salvation/Revivification). For both of these abilities, after the heal has been cast, people standing in it receive 11 hot ticks over its duration. With 2 of the ticks occurring immediately on placement of the heal. But, the Sage version comes with a decent initial aoe heal before the ground aoe gets placed. While the Sorcerer version is missing this aspect.

Here is a link for a video showing a direct comparison of these two abilities:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfVIwIKF0zw

(Thanks go to Mikroh for taking the time to make this video.)

Both of these abilities share the exact same tooltip, which reads "Heals all allies within 8 meters of the targeted area. Targets remaining in the area heal for an additional X over 10 seconds." Which would imply there is intended to be an initial heal followed by a ground based hot for both abilities. With the Sorcerer version being exactly worse than the Sage equivalent, this obviously can not be intended.

With the latest patch notes, we now have some kind of indication that this situation may be getting looked into. But what is mentioned is a tad confusing and almost leads me to believe that the dev team doesn't quite understand the discrepency that exists here.

Sage

* Mental Alacrity: Now correctly costs no Force to activate.

* Salvation: No longer heals targets twice on application. It now correctly heal all affected targets once when applied.

With this and with the complete lack of anything mentioning the Sorcerer's versions of the ability, my confusion should be understandable. Sage's version has an initial heal and then two immediate hot ticks, totaling to 3 initial heals. The implication from how this is worded would seem to imply one of those hot ticks is going away. But, if that is the case, there should also be some mention of the Sorcerer heal gaining its initial decent sized heal and it losing one of it's hot ticks.

Of course, the other option is that Sage version will be completely losing its initial decent sized heal and keeping its 11 ticks, while Sorcerers just stays as it is.

Anyways, some kind of dev clarification would be greatly appreciated. Especially given the lack of any kind of response on this issue for the past month+ and with the somewhat unclear/confused wording in the patch notes.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was really sad to see this sort of change, it makes me think the developers have no clue what is going on or what the real issue is.

All they did was slightly nerf the Sage version unnecessarily while leaving the Sorc version untouched, at least so far as the notes imply.

I really hope this gets looked at soon. The description for the AoE heal says there should be an initial heal and then HoT for those that remain in the area -- I've never seen this happen.

This is a huge imbalance between the sage and sorcerers, especially for PvP warzones, where group healing is required. As I understand, that initial heal is supposed to do about a 1/3 of the overall heal, right up front. Not having that for zones like Voidstar gives a nice advantage to republic sage healers. :(

Please fix this BW.

I wholly concur with the sentiments expressed in this topic. I fail to see why there should be a disparity unless Sorcerer's have a similar or equal discrepancy in relation to another skill.

Of course, the other option is that Sage version will be completely losing its initial decent sized heal and keeping its 11 ticks, while Sorcerers just stays as it is.

If this is the case then I sincerely hope that they invest the minimal effort required to change the tool-tip. At present, it is misleading due to the reference to 'additional' healing, as you noted. I don't appreciate misrepresentations and would consider it sloppy if they didn't rectify this.

Edited by Sufran

Given the changes they've made lately and how it seems to bug completely unrelated issues, I'm a bit concerned about this change. I can see us suddenly missing the initial heal AND one of the HOTs.

This heal and our bubble is what differentiates us and makes us unique and helps us be competitive. I hope we don't get an unintended nerf that'll take a month to sort out, especially since it only targets the Republic and not the Empire.

That said, it's clear the Empire isn't getting the spell listed on the tooltip and that SHOULD be cleaned up, not remove our initial heal to break it.

Edited by jkwengert

There are other differences too - for example some of the sorc damage abilities hit immediately on the cast while sages have to wait for a second. Not sure if it's their way of "balancing" it out but the difference in interrupts with those abilities is annoying too.

There are other differences too - for example some of the sorc damage abilities hit immediately on the cast while sages have to wait for a second. Not sure if it's their way of "balancing" it out but the difference in interrupts with those abilities is annoying too.

While I agree that the ability delay sucks, those are different issues. One is a bug in a spell not doing what it says it does, the other is a poor design choice.

For the record, I would be all for them changing Shock to be more like project. The animation is kinda lame, I'd rather we conjured a small ball of lightning in front of us then flung it at the enemy. When project double procs it looks really cool. Shock looks kinda underwhelming ;p

While I agree that the ability delay sucks, those are different issues. One is a bug in a spell not doing what it says it does, the other is a poor design choice.

For the record, I would be all for them changing Shock to be more like project. The animation is kinda lame, I'd rather we conjured a small ball of lightning in front of us then flung it at the enemy. When project double procs it looks really cool. Shock looks kinda underwhelming ;p

Sorry, my bad there.

So, Revivification is not triggering it's initial heal before the hot gets applied?

Sorry, my bad there.

So, Revivification is not triggering it's initial heal before the hot gets applied?

Correct, we still get the initial double HoT, (11 ticks total) but all the ticks of revivification are the same 300s whit no initial 800ish heal.

Yup this needs fixed asap, here is a link of my current thread about this issue on the sorc forums if you wanna read up on more from players including the OP. Note not a single Dev posted even though it has over 10k views and 80+ posts.

The way that I understood the bug to be was that that initial tick was ticking twice simultaneously instead of once like it was designed to. AFAIK they have only removed the bugged double tick to leave you with a single tick. Perhaps a dev could pop in to elaborate/clarify this.

Think of it like this. Pre 1.1.1 the Sage version does the following on application:

1) Big heal for 800-1k

2) 2x HOT ticks for ~300-400

It then ticks the HOT again each second to those in the area for a total of 11 ticks, do counting the initial heal it heals 12x. What they 'fixed' is the HoT ticking twice initially.

The Sorc version does NOT do #1, but does do the double HoT tick. As far as we have been informed our version was untouched.

I, too, wish that a developer would comment on this. It could even be something as simple as the wording was poor, but as it is, it STILL seems like this skill in unequal between factions (not saying that salvation needed any sort of nerf, but whatever is done, they should be the same). Interestingly, a dev rerouted another topic to this one, but failed to actually answer anything here. lol.

That was probably just a forum moderator trying to limit the amount of threads on the same subject.

Personally, I don't care how they fix it as long as they are responsible enough to make both spells do the same thing and correct the tooltip. I find the Sorc version very effective in helping me in many fights, but missing a significant chunk of it's healing, and t a large upfront portion at that, is a major bug.

Well, Bioware's "fix" is completely different than in the patch notes. The first HoT tick still applies twice, but the sage's initial heal is gone. Way to turn a good skill into a mediocre one, Bioware. Sure, it's balanced between the two factions now, but they should have just fixed the HoT ticks and added the initial heal for sorcs. Maybe some of you buggers would respec from zap zap to healing in warzones then.

The extra 'large' heal at the beginning of Salvation was always unintended, and was removed as part of this fix. The 'double' tick at the beginning was corrected but still appears visually. This issue will be further corrected in an upcoming patch which should make the ticks read much more clearly and be more evenly spaced out.

The design intent of this ability is 11 ticks of healing over a 10 second period to all applicable taregts within the area (Which is also how Revivification works). Hope this helps clarify!

The extra 'large' heal at the beginning of Salvation was always unintended, and was removed as part of this fix. The 'double' tick at the beginning was corrected but still appears visually. This issue will be further corrected in an upcoming patch which should make the ticks read much more clearly and be more evenly spaced out.

The design intent of this ability is 11 ticks of healing over a 10 second period to all applicable taregts within the area (Which is also how Revivification works). Hope this helps clarify!

The ability is basically useless now. The heal it provides compared to the force cost, especially since it's our ONLY AoE heal, is completely unjustifiable... especially when compared to TTK and damage done in this game. (I know you won;t believe this but people die in 1-3 seconds when focused by any decent DPS)

It's sad when your DESIGN is FORCING healers to let people die as soon as two basic level AoE abilities are tossed out. I'm not sure if any of your team has ever played any other MMO.. but it's laughable at best to have any AoE in PVP without the same exact match from the heal department.

For god's sake, at least make the heal player base then and allow me to heal everyone 30 M around me and give them the HoT... so that was I don't feel like I'm wasting a GCD and a heal and my force.. since majority of the time, people are NEVER going to stay inside that circle to get the hot.

Edit:

Please don't respond with a generic, use your Rejuvenate proc and then cast it.. That's only going to make me angry.

That heal... my HIGHEST ABILITY IN THE HEALING TREE... cost 3x resources, heals for less then a basic bounty hunter AoE that they get under level 20... That's completely sad.

Edited by Balmuck

So if it was allways "unintended" which i highly doubt it was, seeing as the file inside the ToR folder even states that it is suppose to do an initial "large" heal, and the tooltip has allways stated that it will heal the group initially and then tick over the time period.

Change the tooltip lazy idiots.

Edited by Allmightyprom

The healing skills in ths game are, in a word.....garbage. I played a divine healer in DDO for years. I love playing a healer. I rolled a sage healer here dec 13th and promptly deleted it at lvl 33. Worst heaing classes in any game I have ever played. Now they made healers even worse by removing the burst in the beginning of the only AOE heal a sage has? LOL, it's laughable. That said, I still love the bloody game. I will simply never play a healer of any kind here. Kudos to all you can tough it out and play one though. You have my respect. Edited by TipsyDrow