Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Salvation/Revivification Discrepency (Sage/Sorc AOE Heal)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Salvation/Revivification Discrepency (Sage/Sorc AOE Heal)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Saerith
02.01.2012 , 02:38 PM | #21
Well, Bioware's "fix" is completely different than in the patch notes. The first HoT tick still applies twice, but the sage's initial heal is gone. Way to turn a good skill into a mediocre one, Bioware. Sure, it's balanced between the two factions now, but they should have just fixed the HoT ticks and added the initial heal for sorcs. Maybe some of you buggers would respec from zap zap to healing in warzones then.
Jaime'lannister - Saerýth
The Starkrend Legacy
Halcyon of Jedi Covenant

CameronWinston
02.01.2012 , 05:50 PM | #22 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
The extra 'large' heal at the beginning of Salvation was always unintended, and was removed as part of this fix. The 'double' tick at the beginning was corrected but still appears visually. This issue will be further corrected in an upcoming patch which should make the ticks read much more clearly and be more evenly spaced out.

The design intent of this ability is 11 ticks of healing over a 10 second period to all applicable taregts within the area (Which is also how Revivification works). Hope this helps clarify!

Balmuck
02.01.2012 , 08:07 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by CameronWinston View Post
The extra 'large' heal at the beginning of Salvation was always unintended, and was removed as part of this fix. The 'double' tick at the beginning was corrected but still appears visually. This issue will be further corrected in an upcoming patch which should make the ticks read much more clearly and be more evenly spaced out.

The design intent of this ability is 11 ticks of healing over a 10 second period to all applicable taregts within the area (Which is also how Revivification works). Hope this helps clarify!

The ability is basically useless now. The heal it provides compared to the force cost, especially since it's our ONLY AoE heal, is completely unjustifiable... especially when compared to TTK and damage done in this game. (I know you won;t believe this but people die in 1-3 seconds when focused by any decent DPS)

It's sad when your DESIGN is FORCING healers to let people die as soon as two basic level AoE abilities are tossed out. I'm not sure if any of your team has ever played any other MMO.. but it's laughable at best to have any AoE in PVP without the same exact match from the heal department.

For god's sake, at least make the heal player base then and allow me to heal everyone 30 M around me and give them the HoT... so that was I don't feel like I'm wasting a GCD and a heal and my force.. since majority of the time, people are NEVER going to stay inside that circle to get the hot.

Edit:

Please don't respond with a generic, use your Rejuvenate proc and then cast it.. That's only going to make me angry.

That heal... my HIGHEST ABILITY IN THE HEALING TREE... cost 3x resources, heals for less then a basic bounty hunter AoE that they get under level 20... That's completely sad.
FULKAN

You can run, but you'll only die tired.

Allmightyprom
02.01.2012 , 10:59 PM | #24

So if it was allways "unintended" which i highly doubt it was, seeing as the file inside the ToR folder even states that it is suppose to do an initial "large" heal, and the tooltip has allways stated that it will heal the group initially and then tick over the time period.

Change the tooltip lazy idiots.
Patch 1.2 - [MANIFESTO OF INCOMPETANCE]
Support your local healers. Boycott the Patch 1.2 Healing Nerfs. Make it clear to the Devs that their idea of "balance" is unacceptable. Unsubscribe Today

TipsyDrow
02.02.2012 , 02:44 AM | #25
The healing skills in ths game are, in a word.....garbage. I played a divine healer in DDO for years. I love playing a healer. I rolled a sage healer here dec 13th and promptly deleted it at lvl 33. Worst heaing classes in any game I have ever played. Now they made healers even worse by removing the burst in the beginning of the only AOE heal a sage has? LOL, it's laughable. That said, I still love the bloody game. I will simply never play a healer of any kind here. Kudos to all you can tough it out and play one though. You have my respect.

Caelrie
02.02.2012 , 03:08 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Balmuck View Post

That heal... my HIGHEST ABILITY IN THE HEALING TREE... cost 3x resources, heals for less then a basic bounty hunter AoE that they get under level 20... That's completely sad.
Theirs only heals 3 targets. Yours heals everyone. You win.

Azalrion
02.02.2012 , 03:10 AM | #27

How is this correct if the tooltip obviously states otherwise?

The wording on the tool tip suggests an initial heal, and then a further over time amount of ticks? So either there is an error with how you've fixed the skill and are just claiming its unintended, or the tooltip has been wrong since beta, either of which is a bit thin on the ground for QA purposes.

Golarz
02.02.2012 , 05:57 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Balmuck View Post
The ability is basically useless now. The heal it provides compared to the force cost, especially since it's our ONLY AoE heal, is completely unjustifiable... especially when compared to TTK and damage done in this game. (I know you won;t believe this but people die in 1-3 seconds when focused by any decent DPS)
Imagine that sith sorcerec was healing like this from the begining.
So stop whineing and lern to use it right.

Tinno
02.02.2012 , 06:15 AM | #29

If this is in fact true, then please change the Sage cast animation of the spell as it makes no sense to have a BOMB of light that does nothing, then in the aftermath of the bomb of light there's healing.

I really doubt this was ALWAYS unintended, mostly because of the fact that the spell animation makes no sense without it, on top of that you have the tooltip as well, which also states that there's an initial heal.

So instead of going about saying it was unintended, say it like it is, we're not stupid, it is a nerf, not a fix, please just admit that rather than these flimsy excuses.

Obviously since both the sorc and sage tooltips state the same thing you're wrong in what you say, it wasn't unintended, but it was changed.

Quote: Originally Posted by Caelrie View Post
Theirs only heals 3 targets. Yours heals everyone. You win.
but ours have a long cast time to make up for the extra targets, we also have to invest a lot more points into our healing tree to actually get ours, and the commando one also have other abilities to increase its effect such as Supercharge cells.

So of course ours should heal more, but at this point it will mostly not end up doing that much more. The commando aoe heal also leaves an effect on the target (if you've taken the skillpoint for it) which increases healing done to the target.

So all in all I don't think the initial heal on Salvation was anywhere near overpowered compared to that example, they're used for very different situations though.

Noth
02.02.2012 , 06:43 AM | #30
I see sorcs basically spam their version of the spell and seem to never run out of force. And it seems to heal a lot even without the initial burst.
╼S T D╾
◈Get Infected◈
Sith Empire│PVP│PST
STD Guild HQRecruitment ThreadGuild Site