Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Salvation/Revivification Discrepency (Sage/Sorc AOE Heal)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Salvation/Revivification Discrepency (Sage/Sorc AOE Heal)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

01.20.2012 , 09:11 PM | #1
Since launch, there has been a discrepancy between the 31 point talented AOE heal for Sages and Sorcerers (Salvation/Revivification). For both of these abilities, after the heal has been cast, people standing in it receive 11 hot ticks over its duration. With 2 of the ticks occurring immediately on placement of the heal. But, the Sage version comes with a decent initial aoe heal before the ground aoe gets placed. While the Sorcerer version is missing this aspect.

Here is a link for a video showing a direct comparison of these two abilities:

(Thanks go to Mikroh for taking the time to make this video.)

Both of these abilities share the exact same tooltip, which reads "Heals all allies within 8 meters of the targeted area. Targets remaining in the area heal for an additional X over 10 seconds." Which would imply there is intended to be an initial heal followed by a ground based hot for both abilities. With the Sorcerer version being exactly worse than the Sage equivalent, this obviously can not be intended.

With the latest patch notes, we now have some kind of indication that this situation may be getting looked into. But what is mentioned is a tad confusing and almost leads me to believe that the dev team doesn't quite understand the discrepency that exists here.

* Mental Alacrity: Now correctly costs no Force to activate.
* Salvation: No longer heals targets twice on application. It now correctly heal all affected targets once when applied.
With this and with the complete lack of anything mentioning the Sorcerer's versions of the ability, my confusion should be understandable. Sage's version has an initial heal and then two immediate hot ticks, totaling to 3 initial heals. The implication from how this is worded would seem to imply one of those hot ticks is going away. But, if that is the case, there should also be some mention of the Sorcerer heal gaining its initial decent sized heal and it losing one of it's hot ticks.

Of course, the other option is that Sage version will be completely losing its initial decent sized heal and keeping its 11 ticks, while Sorcerers just stays as it is.

Anyways, some kind of dev clarification would be greatly appreciated. Especially given the lack of any kind of response on this issue for the past month+ and with the somewhat unclear/confused wording in the patch notes.

01.20.2012 , 09:45 PM | #2
I wonder about this too. I hope the initial heal isn't being removed, that'd be less than great.

01.20.2012 , 11:22 PM | #3
Wondering the same thing.

01.21.2012 , 12:18 AM | #4
I was really sad to see this sort of change, it makes me think the developers have no clue what is going on or what the real issue is.

All they did was slightly nerf the Sage version unnecessarily while leaving the Sorc version untouched, at least so far as the notes imply.

01.21.2012 , 05:47 AM | #5
im still hanging on to the hope they fix sorc version and give me my initial heal followed by the ticks so it works as the tooltip suggests it works

01.21.2012 , 06:34 AM | #6
I really hope this gets looked at soon. The description for the AoE heal says there should be an initial heal and then HoT for those that remain in the area -- I've never seen this happen.

This is a huge imbalance between the sage and sorcerers, especially for PvP warzones, where group healing is required. As I understand, that initial heal is supposed to do about a 1/3 of the overall heal, right up front. Not having that for zones like Voidstar gives a nice advantage to republic sage healers.

Please fix this BW.
<DMG Ctrl> <Purple Cog>

01.21.2012 , 12:47 PM | #7
I wholly concur with the sentiments expressed in this topic. I fail to see why there should be a disparity unless Sorcerer's have a similar or equal discrepancy in relation to another skill.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ashkelon View Post
Of course, the other option is that Sage version will be completely losing its initial decent sized heal and keeping its 11 ticks, while Sorcerers just stays as it is.
If this is the case then I sincerely hope that they invest the minimal effort required to change the tool-tip. At present, it is misleading due to the reference to 'additional' healing, as you noted. I don't appreciate misrepresentations and would consider it sloppy if they didn't rectify this.
Artemisia - Sith Sorceress (Corruption) - Lord Calypho
"We have almost succeeded in levelling all human activities to the common denominator of securing the necessities of life and providing for their abundance." - Hannah Arendt.

01.22.2012 , 10:44 PM | #8
Bumping so more people are aware. And in hopes of maybe getting clarification from a dev.

01.22.2012 , 11:21 PM | #9
Given the changes they've made lately and how it seems to bug completely unrelated issues, I'm a bit concerned about this change. I can see us suddenly missing the initial heal AND one of the HOTs.

This heal and our bubble is what differentiates us and makes us unique and helps us be competitive. I hope we don't get an unintended nerf that'll take a month to sort out, especially since it only targets the Republic and not the Empire.

That said, it's clear the Empire isn't getting the spell listed on the tooltip and that SHOULD be cleaned up, not remove our initial heal to break it.

01.23.2012 , 01:36 AM | #10
There are other differences too - for example some of the sorc damage abilities hit immediately on the cast while sages have to wait for a second. Not sure if it's their way of "balancing" it out but the difference in interrupts with those abilities is annoying too.
Master Kyomih Winters
Republic Seer Sage - Ludo Kressh