Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Planet suggestion thread


Darth_Victus's Avatar


Darth_Victus
01.25.2013 , 07:50 PM | #191
Honestly, top 3 planets I would love to see implemented soon are as follows.

1. Lehon
2. Manaan
3. Kashyyk

Would really love to see these planets from the original KOTOR come back into TOR.

YeIIow's Avatar


YeIIow
01.27.2013 , 02:27 PM | #192
Quote: Originally Posted by Vitas View Post
Ossus
Wasent Ossus the one destroyed? the planet that had the big library?

Yes Ziost is another of my favs, have u been following the Dawn of the Jedi new comics? love them so far!!!
"Forged by Fire; Empowered by Passion"
o◙[//////////]ị:◙:ị{▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒)

Kristjansa's Avatar


Kristjansa
01.27.2013 , 02:33 PM | #193
Onderon, Naboo and Dantooine

-Slaughterhouse-'s Avatar


-Slaughterhouse-
01.27.2013 , 02:51 PM | #194
Amazing post. I support the OP's idea.

Instance everyone of these planets, clone, all the current,planets,
change a few things, use maps, from other planets. It should be easy.

Make a few notable planets part of new stories, and flashpoints.

Make some, pure sandbox style content, and possible future planets for player housing(if they ever add that.)
Just make some planets, endless mob/loot/exploration places.
" Seek Your Destiny "
Blastfield - Guildmaster of Dark Ops
The Harbinger Server - Sith - PVE
Join Us at: http://darkops.enjin.com

Vitas's Avatar


Vitas
01.27.2013 , 08:44 PM | #195
Quote: Originally Posted by YeIIow View Post
Wasent Ossus the one destroyed? the planet that thad the big library?

Yes Ziost is another of my favs, have u been following the Dawn of the Jedi new comics? love them so far!!!
Ossus wasn't destroyed, it was just devasated after the destruction of the Cron Cluster and then attacked by Exar Kun and Ulic Qel-Droma. After the attack there were still survivors, with most of the population evolving into the Ysanna. One Net Jedi named Ood Bnar stayed behind to protect the world. Whilst many artifacts were later moved to other worlds like Kamino, there were still some left behind.

I'd imagine what could happen here is, the Jedi along with the Republic have come to Ossus searching for any artifacts which have still survived and any other secrets left behind which could aid their cause in the war whilst also looking into any possibilities of restoring the world. Whilst the Sith have arrived to halt the actions of the Republic and to also look for anything which they could use to their advantage.

Yes Ziost would also make for a great world to explore. The Dawn of the Jedi series has already shown so much about each world of the Tython system, exploring them would also be interesting. Tython's moons Ashla and Bogan I'd like to freely visit. Players who have a dark side alignment could come to Bogan whilst those who are light side could visit Ashla. Although a player of any alignment or faction could come to either world, there'd some missions which are specifically for their alignment.
If you'd like to see more Explorable Worlds in Star Wars: The Old Republic,
then head to this thread and discuss, list and vote which you'd like to see and explore in the game:

YeIIow's Avatar


YeIIow
01.28.2013 , 03:10 AM | #196
Quote: Originally Posted by Vitas View Post
Ossus wasn't destroyed, it was just devasated after the destruction of the Cron Cluster and then attacked by Exar Kun and Ulic Qel-Droma. After the attack there were still survivors, with most of the population evolving into the Ysanna. One Net Jedi named Ood Bnar stayed behind to protect the world. Whilst many artifacts were later moved to other worlds like Kamino, there were still some left behind.

I'd imagine what could happen here is, the Jedi along with the Republic have come to Ossus searching for any artifacts which have still survived and any other secrets left behind which could aid their cause in the war whilst also looking into any possibilities of restoring the world. Whilst the Sith have arrived to halt the actions of the Republic and to also look for anything which they could use to their advantage.

Yes Ziost would also make for a great world to explore. The Dawn of the Jedi series has already shown so much about each world of the Tython system, exploring them would also be interesting. Tython's moons Ashla and Bogan I'd like to freely visit. Players who have a dark side alignment could come to Bogan whilst those who are light side could visit Ashla. Although a player of any alignment or faction could come to either world, there'd some missions which are specifically for their alignment.
oh i believed Ossus was completly devasted with no survivors, can u send me a link or the name comic/book that follows the story of the planet?

Yea he idea of Tython's moons sound really good, specially some alignment side quest, that would be soemthing new for a change....
"Forged by Fire; Empowered by Passion"
o◙[//////////]ị:◙:ị{▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒)

Vitas's Avatar


Vitas
01.28.2013 , 03:55 AM | #197
Quote: Originally Posted by YeIIow View Post
oh i believed Ossus was completly devasted with no survivors, can u send me a link or the name comic/book that follows the story of the planet?

Yea he idea of Tython's moons sound really good, specially some alignment side quest, that would be soemthing new for a change....
Devastated yes but not uninhabitable. Ossus predominantly appears in most issues of the Tales of the Jedi series and much later during the New Republic era in the Dark Empire II and Empire's End series. Ossus' first appearance in Star Wars media was in Tales of the Jedi: The Freedon Nadd Uprising 1. You can start off by checking out these links for more information on the world:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ossus
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ysanna
If you'd like to see more Explorable Worlds in Star Wars: The Old Republic,
then head to this thread and discuss, list and vote which you'd like to see and explore in the game:

YeIIow's Avatar


YeIIow
01.28.2013 , 03:59 AM | #198
Quote: Originally Posted by Vitas View Post
and much later during the New Republic era in the Dark Empire II and Empire's End series.
oh ok, yea i am not a big fan of Classic-Legacy Era so all i know about Ossus was from Tales of the Jedi and the other Comics from around that ERA.
"Forged by Fire; Empowered by Passion"
o◙[//////////]ị:◙:ị{▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒)

kirorx's Avatar


kirorx
01.29.2013 , 10:26 PM | #199
Great post.

I would like to see five open worlds for all kinds of mini qests and collections here are mine

1) Yavin. This places is crawling with dark side potential
2) Dantooine. I was surprised it was not here already
3) kashyykk. Obviously people love wools and it a good place to hunt
4) Mustafar. A Ton of old republic technology here why?
5) Manaan. Another important local from KOTOR

A bonus, Dagobah
Why? another place flowing with force power and I would love to learn the history of this planet. This could just be a flashpoint tbh

Some ruiner ups
Ryloth
Rodia
Dathomir. This wold be on first list but no night sisters yet in our time period
Sullust

Seriously just five open world areas and we would good
We have a lot of planets already and swg never had coruscant

Just a few open worlds would be Awesome

Of course expadanding on current worlds and adding open world areas would be good too

Sorry for typos did this on my phone and that auto spell check is annoying lol

Vitas's Avatar


Vitas
01.29.2013 , 11:06 PM | #200
One more location to add to the list of potential worlds to explore in the game:

Dagobah
A remote world located in the Outer Rim, Dagobah's terrain primarily consisted of dense jungles and swamps and was the homeworld of the Hepsalum Tash, a peaceful species who could grow up to 8 meters tall although were reclusive. It consisted of a multitude of fauna and flora, many of which were dangerous such as the Swamp slug, Dragonsnake and Knobby white spider. The Bogwing and Sleen, two creatures native to Dagobah, have been introduced to Taris, Belsavis and Dromund Kaas. Research teams would come here to study the environment and on some occasions, ships would crash here becoming stranded leading to the crew either dying or resorting to cannibalism.
If you'd like to see more Explorable Worlds in Star Wars: The Old Republic,
then head to this thread and discuss, list and vote which you'd like to see and explore in the game: