Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Planet suggestion thread

Bughugger
01.23.2012 , 06:05 AM | #11
Besides planets from the movies and the KOTOR games I would like to see some of these planets, which are important in some of the best of the Expanded Universe.

Mon Calamari / Dac
Bothawui
Mandalore
Hapes
Dathomir
Honoghr
Myrkr
Csilla
Rhen Var
Caamas

I especially loved Honoghr and the Noghri species. A forum search shows I'm not the only one.
Csilla is the Chiss homeworld.

Also additions to the Correllia system, the five worlds, would be great, possible flashpoints.

And maybe ancient locations, made by the Celestials, like Centerpoint station and the Maw: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Celestial

Vitas
01.23.2012 , 07:09 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Bughugger View Post
Besides planets from the movies and the KOTOR games I would like to see some of these planets, which are important in some of the best of the Expanded Universe.

Mon Calamari / Dac
Bothawui
Mandalore
Hapes
Dathomir
Honoghr
Myrkr
Csilla
Rhen Var
Caamas

I especially loved Honoghr and the Noghri species. A forum search shows I'm not the only one.
Csilla is the Chiss homeworld.

Also additions to the Correllia system, the five worlds, would be great, possible flashpoints.

And maybe ancient locations, made by the Celestials, like Centerpoint station and the Maw: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Celestial
Csilla would be interesting to add. Although by the time of the Galactic Civil War it remained unknown, it's possible during the Cold War that it is slightly known to either faction mainly because of the appearance of the Chiss. Because of its supposed improtance, it should be one of the main worlds in a possible expansion.

CommanderPaco
01.30.2012 , 01:16 PM | #13
Man oh man, all the suggestions I could think of have been taken.

Although I do remember Onderon from KOTOR II; however, after that portion of SW history, there doesn't seem to be much until Darth Bane's time.

There are pros and cons to having a certain planet or not having a certain planet; however, let's hope for future content, BioWare takes a look at this list. Obviously not for lore reference purposes, but for gameplay purposes.

Definite bump.
On dit quelquefois: "Le sens commun est fort rare." (People sometimes say: "Common sense is quite rare.") - Voltaire (François-Marie Arouet)
Krayt Dragon (PvE) - Death Star Orphans | Kirana (IA/Sniper) / Ra'van (SW/Marauder)
Space Combat Revamp Suggestions! | More Space Combat Suggestions by Lord_Nova

AlbertFarnell
01.30.2012 , 01:25 PM | #14
I think it is equally important to add life, atmosphere, ambience to the existing planets. All of the existing planets have huge potential for expansion and it should be a priority to improve these before making new ones.
Be polite. It helps.

CommanderPaco
01.30.2012 , 01:43 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by AlbertFarnell View Post
I think it is equally important to add life, atmosphere, ambience to the existing planets. All of the existing planets have huge potential for expansion and it should be a priority to improve these before making new ones.
I agree; however, adding a planet or two shouldn't be a big deal in say an expansion.
On dit quelquefois: "Le sens commun est fort rare." (People sometimes say: "Common sense is quite rare.") - Voltaire (François-Marie Arouet)
Krayt Dragon (PvE) - Death Star Orphans | Kirana (IA/Sniper) / Ra'van (SW/Marauder)
Space Combat Revamp Suggestions! | More Space Combat Suggestions by Lord_Nova

Vitas
01.30.2012 , 05:18 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by AlbertFarnell View Post
An idea I had was even though some worlds were smaller however were settled, don't have to be too big. What I mean is whilst Balmorra is like 4 zones big, why not have some only 2 to 3 and eventually through updates they could be further expanded.

siegeshot
01.30.2012 , 10:23 PM | #17
Felucia.

Man I'd liiiiiiiiiiiiiive there. Please please!
Guild: Cute Pink Banthas / Gravity Kills
Youtube.com/swtorPaladin
Begeren Colony. RP-PVE.
Original beta group: Squadron 367

ncupton
01.30.2012 , 10:29 PM | #18
Bothawau and the Bothan race would be awesome. Would also like to see Kashyyk and Manaan.
(T|///////////IΓ°‾T‾[███████████████████████████████████████) Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

Vitas
01.30.2012 , 11:54 PM | #19
Here are two more worlds which would be perfect for the game.

Boz Pity
A planet located within the Mid Rim of the Halla sector and just on the border of the Outer Rim, it was a terrestrial world and home to the giant Gargantelle species. Since its discovery by the Hutts between 15,000 and 9,000 BBY, they sought to control the Gargantelle race to be used as slaves however all their attempts had been thwarted because of their large size. For years as well, both the Sith and Hutts battled to gain control of the planet. Numerous parties and factions have visited Boz Pity in order of hunting and eradicating the Gargantelles, thus across the surface huge skeletons remain from those which have been killed.

Keeper's World
A planet located in the Sprizen sector within the Outer Rim, it had no official name other than being referred to as the 'Keeper's World'. A terrestrial planet which was visited by Luke, Leia, R2 and C-3PO shortly after the Battle of Yavin; it was called 'Keeper's World' after an artificial intelligence which resided on the planet, built by an ancient civilization to help preserve the world from a galaxy-wide war which previously occurred so when they would return, the planet would still be as they'd left it. The Keeper created androids which resembled the planet's species to help maintain it.

This war which is mentioned has never been specified, whether who it was agaianst or when it took place remains unknown. It's possible this could be before the creation of the Galactic Republic, during the reign of the Rakata, part of Xim the Despot's conquests, the Great Hyperspace War or even the Sith Wars.

It would be perfect as a flashpoint world.

Kalytron
01.30.2012 , 11:59 PM | #20
I'd love to see more planets but I want them to hire a new contractor first because I'm so tired of all the buildings/space ports/caves/building tiles/fleets and everything being exactly the same on every planet and on both factions. There's no point in new planets if they're just going to look like everything else.