Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Did they screw up something and make the FPS lower?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Did they screw up something and make the FPS lower?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EclipseUn's Avatar


EclipseUn
01.20.2012 , 06:17 PM | #1
I took a 2 week long break from the game(Yes already, hoping the bugs would be iron'd out); Before I left the game was virtually lagless on high settings on my gaming computer, Now I play again and notice a slight stutter; nothing ridiculous but studdering non the less even on my ship. Was there an update gone wrong or something?
(my specs are:
AMD Athlon II X4 3.20GHz Quad-Core Processor
NVIDIA GeForce GT520 1GB
8GB Fast DDR3 Memory
1TB Hard Drive)
"There are dark places in the galaxy where few tread. Ancient centers of learning, of knowledge. But I did not walk alone. To be united by hatred is a fragile alliance at best."
- Darth Traya

GeorgZoeller's Avatar


GeorgZoeller
01.20.2012 , 06:18 PM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey,

Please check if anti aliasing is enabled in your graphics settings. It's a new feature with the last patch.

Jarhe's Avatar


Jarhe
01.20.2012 , 06:22 PM | #3
1. Try turning off shadows
2. Use the repair tool
3. Make sure your drivers are up to date
4. Next time when posting your specs, include the video card also.

TheSpeeGamers's Avatar


TheSpeeGamers
01.20.2012 , 06:24 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by EclipseUn View Post
I took a 2 week long break from the game(Yes already, hoping the bugs would be iron'd out); Before I left the game was virtually lagless on high settings on my gaming computer, Now I play again and notice a slight stutter; nothing ridiculous but studdering non the less even on my ship. Was there an update gone wrong or something?
(my specs are:
AMD Athlon II X4 3.20GHz Quad-Core Processor
8GB Fast DDR3 Memory
1TB Hard Drive)
One thing to check under your graphics preferences is anti aliasing. It was added in the last patch and by default might be on high. Try changing it to low maybe or off and see if that improves your fps.

EclipseUn's Avatar


EclipseUn
01.20.2012 , 06:26 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Jarhe View Post
1. Try turning off shadows
2. Use the repair tool
3. Make sure your drivers are up to date
4. Next time when posting your specs, include the video card also.
Ooops could of swore I did; and the shadows are off and the drivers up to date; I'll try the repaid


Quote: Originally Posted by TheSpeeGamers View Post
One thing to check under your graphics preferences is anti aliasing. It was added in the last patch and by default might be on high. Try changing it to low maybe or off and see if that improves your fps.
Did they? Didn't notice that either; Thanks both of you =)
"There are dark places in the galaxy where few tread. Ancient centers of learning, of knowledge. But I did not walk alone. To be united by hatred is a fragile alliance at best."
- Darth Traya

Soluss's Avatar


Soluss
01.21.2012 , 12:37 AM | #6
Ive lost almost 20FPS since the patch and thats after turning everything from high to low. Prepatch I was running about 40fps with everything on high and shadows off. Now im running 20 FPS with everything on low... drop to 9 in some flashpoints. This is terrible. I know my vid card is not the best but it was fine before patch... and yes AA is off.

2nd Gen Core i5-2400 3.1 ghz
8 gigs of ram
Nvidia GeForce GT 520 1GB DDR3

Like I said, my vid card is not the greatest, i know, but it handle fine prepatch.

Aisar's Avatar


Aisar
01.21.2012 , 12:40 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Soluss View Post
Ive lost almost 20FPS since the patch and thats after turning everything from high to low. Prepatch I was running about 40fps with everything on high and shadows off. Now im running 20 FPS with everything on low... drop to 9 in some flashpoints. This is terrible. I know my vid card is not the best but it was fine before patch... and yes AA is off.

2nd Gen Core i5-2400 3.1 ghz
8 gigs of ram
Nvidia GeForce GT 520 1GB DDR3

Like I said, my vid card is not the greatest, i know, but it handle fine prepatch.
Really? I noticed if I turn AA on full I take a FPS hit but I either accept it or depending on the server load I just turn AA to low or off. What is weird is I am on a planet right now with everything maxed AA full shadows full and I am getting at least 40 FPS I think. Fleet is..not good though. Very differrent story, turning options off or down and still getting lag. i just got to the point where I try to ignore it. Probably making my experience pretty lackluster but whatever.
28 Iksar Shadowknight-Freeport Server
"No killing white poobears to make band-aids out of poobear tails."-CygnusMX
http://www.wolfsheadonline.com/swtor...nowhere/#b5414

Soluss's Avatar


Soluss
01.21.2012 , 12:58 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Aisar View Post
Really? I noticed if I turn AA on full I take a FPS hit but I either accept it or depending on the server load I just turn AA to low or off. What is weird is I am on a planet right now with everything maxed AA full shadows full and I am getting at least 40 FPS I think. Fleet is..not good though. Very differrent story, turning options off or down and still getting lag. i just got to the point where I try to ignore it. Probably making my experience pretty lackluster but whatever.
Yes really. Like I said, I took a 20 FPS hit while having to turn everything down as well. Just did a uninstall and reinstall of the newest driver and made no difference.

Cutiecat's Avatar


Cutiecat
01.21.2012 , 01:01 AM | #9
"My FPS is really bad now" "New feature"

Got it, thanks George.
SWTOR is an excellent game if you view it from the standpoint of 2003!

The_Anf's Avatar


The_Anf
01.21.2012 , 01:01 AM | #10
my fps and graphics are fine when running around fighting but since the patch I can't see holocams in quests or the one on my ship...nothing is there is there something I can do to fix that?

every fix so far seems to mess something else up lol...before patch my game looked and played great now...I lag and no holocams ugh.
Solo 1
Greedo 0