Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Community Blog: Ilum PvP issues

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Community Blog: Ilum PvP issues
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

LouisArmstrong's Avatar


LouisArmstrong
01.20.2012 , 06:32 PM | #21
This is stupid. Bioware makes a horrible mechanic for Ilum then blames the players that took advantage of the horrible mechanic. It reminds me of 4th grade when we made our own games on the playground, got beat at them, then blamed the kids that won the games we made. Go ahead and change the rules again Bioware, and when you end up crying because your game is broken try to remember it's your fault. Full disclosure: I'm not one of the people talented enough to farm valor, my PC can't even handle the 150 people fighting at the base at once anyway, so I'm not upset because bioware changed a mechanic i was good at. It's just ****** to punish the player-base because the highly esteemed design team somehow didn't see this coming.

Lordlok's Avatar


Lordlok
01.20.2012 , 06:32 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by sarcatic View Post
Looks like Bioware is choosing to ignore the issues still present in Ilum.
Because currently things are fixed and working as intended in their eyes.
Which is why the fanboys will get the "Quiet Time" they so desire starting tomorrow.


I wonder if they'll have the patience they're asking US to have when the inevitable cries for server merges begin.

Gonna be fun to watch.

xXcronicXx's Avatar


xXcronicXx
01.20.2012 , 06:32 PM | #23
Please put a rollback system in place for them oooops moments

wnein's Avatar


wnein
01.20.2012 , 06:33 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Hello everyone! We've posted a new blog from Jeff Hickman that talks more about this week's PvP issues on Ilum. Click here to read the blog!
What a joke. You guys have no respect for your customers. You only penalize, instead of taking responsibility for your actions. They only played this way because you broke the game and made it that way.

You repeatedly make me sick by saying how you are going to 'take action' against the players.

I am not saying that the Valor shouldn't be removed, but leave it at that. You guys are the ones who messed up in the first place, so stop screwing over your profit margin. Show a little respect when you talk to us, some of the things you say are just shocking coming from a company who wants us as customers.

RiverRaid's Avatar


RiverRaid
01.20.2012 , 06:38 PM | #25
awsome, if you roll back cheaterz, then I start believing, that you care about SWTOR future and its market success.

Fosson's Avatar


Fosson
01.20.2012 , 06:38 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by LouisArmstrong View Post
This is stupid. Bioware makes a horrible mechanic for Ilum then blames the players that took advantage of the horrible mechanic. It reminds me of 4th grade when we made our own games on the playground, got beat at them, then blamed the kids that won the games we made. Go ahead and change the rules again Bioware, and when you end up crying because your game is broken try to remember it's your fault. Full disclosure: I'm not one of the people talented enough to farm valor, my PC can't even handle the 150 people fighting at the base at once anyway, so I'm not upset because bioware changed a mechanic i was good at. It's just ****** to punish the player-base because the highly esteemed design team somehow didn't see this coming.
So I take it this is your first experience dealing with bug exploits. Welcome to MMOs. Pro tip: If something seems to be broken, or you're able to take advantage of getting rewards much easier than intended, best thing to do is back off.

Its like when the pvp armor in WoW was accidentally free and everyone started suiting up. I'm sure there were a few that thought it was their right to keep it since "Blizz made the mistake."

If you gained valor due to camping the spawn, or whatever means quicker than intended, you're not being punished if its taken away. You were never supposed to have so much in so little time.

Aftek's Avatar


Aftek
01.20.2012 , 06:38 PM | #27
Time to grow up BW.. and take responsability for YOUR mistakes lol...

Berzz's Avatar


Berzz
01.20.2012 , 06:39 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by LouisArmstrong View Post
This is stupid. Bioware makes a horrible mechanic for Ilum then blames the players that took advantage of the horrible mechanic. It reminds me of 4th grade when we made our own games on the playground, got beat at them, then blamed the kids that won the games we made. Go ahead and change the rules again Bioware, and when you end up crying because your game is broken try to remember it's your fault. Full disclosure: I'm not one of the people talented enough to farm valor, my PC can't even handle the 150 people fighting at the base at once anyway, so I'm not upset because bioware changed a mechanic i was good at. It's just ****** to punish the player-base because the highly esteemed design team somehow didn't see this coming.
so basically you're saying that it's ok to leave all those players that are now Battle Masters as they are? I mean they only spent hours to obtain the same reward (if not more) than some people got after days of playing.. you really think that's ok?

Regardless of who made the mistake, there is a huge imbalance because of the Valor and this simply needs to be fixed.

It is very annoying when you play for days or even weeks to obtain a goal that a bunch of other people can attain in hours because of a miscalculation made by the game makers.

You must see this..

Nasq's Avatar


Nasq
01.20.2012 , 06:43 PM | #29
Thank you so much, hopefuly i unsubbed 2 days ago :d

fatecaster's Avatar


fatecaster
01.20.2012 , 06:47 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Drengir View Post
Nice to see that you atleast Claim to be doing something against the exploiters. Now all we need is some atual evidence that punishment has been dealt.
I wouldnt hold you breath on getting the specifics on how they deal with it. Most mmo's will not discuss how punishment are dealt out. Be happy with knowing that at least they will be fair and not punish everyone.
Trolling is the path to the dark side. Trolling leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.