Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best And Worst Class Story?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Best And Worst Class Story?

JediMasterShake
01.23.2012 , 01:09 PM | #51
Bounty Hunter is:

Slow
Awesome
Slow
Slow
Awesome

Stopped the story at lvl 50.
Make a fast break, or that'll be the last mistake that <bleep> will make, is what you get for messin' with
Master Shake.

Spade_PK-XLVII
01.23.2012 , 01:22 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by CapitaFK View Post
I think Male BH voice acting is pretty bad. You get used to it, but it's pretty jarring the first few levels. Whoever did his voice seemed to be copying Christian Bale's Batman.

Luckily it wasn't enough to detract from BH's awesome companions.
.... You must not know Steve Blum... Spike from Cowboy Beebop, Mugen from Samurai Champloo, Wolverine from the X-men chartoons....

****it.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Blum

He's a great Voice Actor..... and I enjoy his work.
With each passing day, the world finds new and exciting ways to kill a man.

davidpop
01.23.2012 , 01:26 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Buur View Post
I did not care for the BH story. Never felt like I was actually out hunting bounties.
Feels more like a hit man or a imperial tropper.

Runieux
01.23.2012 , 01:31 PM | #54
Loving the Inquisitor and Bounty Hunter storylines, hating the Trooper haven't gotten far on anyone else.
Show your support for the Dewback mount!

Life without flavor's like work with no labor.
It's empty and wretched and fraught with nice dresses!

Daecollo
01.23.2012 , 01:33 PM | #55
Trooper is boring...

CapitaFK
01.23.2012 , 01:38 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by Spade_PK-XLVII View Post
.... You must not know Steve Blum... Spike from Cowboy Beebop, Mugen from Samurai Champloo, Wolverine from the X-men chartoons....

****it.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Blum

He's a great Voice Actor..... and I enjoy his work.
I do know Steve Blum. He was great as Spike. Mugen's Japanese VA was better in every single way. He's horrible in SW:ToR (expecially as the Huttball guy).

His past work does not automatically make everything he does great.

CecilTellyn
01.23.2012 , 01:40 PM | #57
Still in Act 1 of the Jedi Knight. I like the main thread that is going through it, but that said... it just feels like I'm surrounded by incompetence. I'll spoiler tag this next part so I can go into more detail:

Spoiler

ANYWAY, despite all that above, the MAIN thread of the JK story is ok... I hope it picks up a bit more though because right now, I feel like The Wolf from Pulp Fiction... and it's not as cool as you might think

Also, I STILL have issues with how the text for responses doesn't accurately match what is said/done. I agreed to something last night that I definitely didn't want to agree to simply because of how the text was presented *shrug*

jdnyc
01.23.2012 , 01:43 PM | #58
Smuggler was really boring. Only interested in one area of the story. The rest was like being employed by a parcel service. I was hoping more Firefly and less Han Solo.

I mean the Jedi Knight story isn't about a Darth whom turns out to be your father.

It just sucked.

Aimorai
01.23.2012 , 01:49 PM | #59
The Jedi Consular storyline was good at the very beginning (Tython) but lagged through Chapter 1 - it was far too repetitive. I enjoyed the end of Chapter 1 on Alderaan because I started to get into the "diplomacy" side of the Jedi, which was the reason I picked Consular in the first place.

Chapter 2 has been fun so far. I enjoyed the class storyline through Balmorra and it made me interested in the planet through dealing with behind-the-scenes politics. This was why I picked the class, and it's delivering, so I'm happy.

My only gripe with Consular is that I'm level 38, and I JUST got my third companion. There's a huge lag between getting ones - from Nar Shadda through Balmorra (that's Taris, Tattooine, and Alderaan without a single companion. Crazy.)

I've watched the Trooper storyline through playing with one, and while it's not my cup of tea, he seems to be enjoying it, and there are some fairly epic moments through Chapters 1 and 2.

MY IA is still very low-level, but also enjoying the subtle storylines there.

I think you should take your playstyle into account. If you enjoy a subtle story, or one that involves nuance, or one that involves more talking and less fighting, you might like JC, IA, or even Smuggler. If you're a shoot-first-ask-questions-later type, BH, Trooper, SW, or even JK might suit you. Not sure about IA... it could go either way.

Darekar
01.23.2012 , 01:49 PM | #60
i love the jedi story line, felt really epic...altho after finishing it you wonder how come you are not one-shotting everything you meet
There is no emotion, there is only Bacon