Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best And Worst Class Story?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Best And Worst Class Story?

DuEldrvarya
04.05.2014 , 03:40 AM | #281
Agent-The only one where an insane number of actually distinct possibilities arise.
Warrior-horrible if played strictly darkside, no depth. Beautiful and touching and intense as **** as played light side. (personal favorite)
Inquisitor-predictable, almost bad at times but the hilarity of some of the people you face makes it all worth it.

BH-god awful horrific. No connected story, no character development. Light side choices retcon'd. Full of one liners that barely make things passable.

Smuggler- meh I didnt think it was bad.... about all I can say about it.

Knight-2nd worst story in game. Utterly predictable with no grasp on choice/intellect. feels like it was written for 12 yr old boys watching star wars for the first time. All I want to do is kill the general... Is that too much to ask? Not even humorous.

Consular-Most underrated story in the game. Only story where every single faction world mission feels directly tailored for this Class. Requires a great deal of finery of mind to appreciate, a very subtle string of remarks/actions that have lasting character impacts later. Worst thing about it is like the bounty hunter, its opposite side choices were clearly an afterthought and dark side feels weird. "I may be a diplomat, but Saresh you can go **** yourself before I help you."

Trooper-Worst class story in game. Poor development leaves you feeling as empty as with the BH but without the comedic relief.
Tar-Míriel Tar-Palantír Tar-Carlion Tar-Vanimelde Tar-Meneldur Tar-Telperien Inzilbêth Almarian Lindorie
Tar-Amandil Tar-Elendill Tar-Minyatur Isilme Silmarien
hmd MAGENTA Redemption

Codedrago
04.05.2014 , 02:13 PM | #282
Quote: Originally Posted by Buur View Post
Ya, exactly. I don't know, maybe in the SW universe hit man and bounty hunter are the same thing. But I wanted to find the galaxies most wanted. Not just do the imperials dirty work.
In act two, you are hunting the galaxy's most wanted

Nakkyi
04.05.2014 , 07:32 PM | #283
Quote: Originally Posted by igonnakillya View Post

Smuggler: Female: Act I: Dark Side/ Credit Hound: Pretty good so far. The situations that happen to you are hilarious. I recommend being light side and sarcastic, I have heard it makes the story way better. I love dark side though so I am stickin' with this. I feel like the Female voice actor definitely was in Rugrats, tell me if I am wrong lol. Roll this class if you like Han Solo, and hate hutts.(Greedo is included because I assume he loves Hutts).
In case you haven't noticed or been informed, the actress for the Female Smuggler voices Phil and Lil from Rugrats.

Mind you, I have yet to play through Trooper and only got half-way through Ch.1 on BH. As such, I won't include them in my judgements.

Smuggler: Not amazing, but still good. I play a female and just love it. The responses are just so right for the class. My only real complaint is that it doesn't feel as if you play a significant role. Granted, that kind of fits the theme of the class.

Agent: I actually wasn't a huge fan of this one. I agree with most people when they say it was one of the best. However, it felt a bit cliche. It was incredibly epic. For the most part, it was rather predictable. I knew who the Ch.1 antagonist was the moment you met him. Ch.2 was less predicable but for the most part, you saw what was coming. The only real difference was the final chapter. This one was harder to predict. I did feel accomplished by the end though.

Consular: This is actually my favorite story. In the first chapter, you really felt like you were saving the entire Jedi Order. The second chapter, I felt like the unsung hero of the Republic. It was pretty awesome, if you ask me. The last one really did it for me. You pretty much just saved the entire galaxy behind the scenes. Almost nobody knew what you were about to do. Yet, you had one of the largest impacts. At least, in my opinion.

Knight: I just hated this story. To me, the knight is this games "Revenge of the Sith" I found it rather uninteresting, despite what your actions were. The only thing that made it slightly interesting was Kira and Doc haha.

Warrior: I'm rather torn on this one. It felt almost like it was written for the Agent, but with an added Sith twist. I don't know. I like it, but it feels rather off.

CrispyWalrus
04.06.2014 , 05:11 AM | #284
Quote: Originally Posted by DuEldrvarya View Post
Knight-2nd worst story in game. Utterly predictable with no grasp on choice/intellect. feels like it was written for 12 yr old boys watching star wars for the first time. All I want to do is kill the general... Is that too much to ask? Not even humorous.

Consular-Most underrated story in the game. Only story where every single faction world mission feels directly tailored for this Class. Requires a great deal of finery of mind to appreciate, a very subtle string of remarks/actions that have lasting character impacts later. Worst thing about it is like the bounty hunter, its opposite side choices were clearly an afterthought and dark side feels weird. "I may be a diplomat, but Saresh you can go **** yourself before I help you."
Quote: Originally Posted by Nakkyi View Post
Consular: This is actually my favorite story. In the first chapter, you really felt like you were saving the entire Jedi Order. The second chapter, I felt like the unsung hero of the Republic. It was pretty awesome, if you ask me. The last one really did it for me. You pretty much just saved the entire galaxy behind the scenes. Almost nobody knew what you were about to do. Yet, you had one of the largest impacts. At least, in my opinion.

Knight: I just hated this story. To me, the knight is this games "Revenge of the Sith" I found it rather uninteresting, despite what your actions were. The only thing that made it slightly interesting was Kira and Doc haha.
I agree with both of you regarding Consular and Knight. I think Consular was the best (most plausible) and most underrated story by far. Amazing how many on genchat pan it and hail the Knight one (which I found so over the top and implausible-- only you can save everything!). I think you are likely right about its fanbase DuEldrvarya (though I find it the worst so far myself. I didn't mind the Trooper story-- it worked and was plausible if rather formulaic, but then the same can be said for many others-- Smuggler and Hunter work rather similarly. The Inquisitor was just a reach for power really and also plausible fun. I just didn't find it as compelling as the Consular.

Ticara
04.06.2014 , 04:35 PM | #285
Agent
Warrior

Everything else.

Consular (god awful voice acting, snore fest 1. Act and most cliched character out of all classes, which is saying a lot seeing how this is Star Wars.)

SgtJeremy
04.06.2014 , 08:44 PM | #286
Sith and Jedi stories are very cliche'd. Same can be said of the Trooper. BH was alright but I felt a little too much like the Empire's whipping boy or Janitor cleaning up there s***. Smuggler was pretty bad in my opinion. Imperial Agent was alright. They all have their faults but overall enjoyed most of them. Except Smuggler, I just really wish we actually did some Smuggling instead of Treasure Hunting. Indiana Jones smuggled more crap then the Smuggler.
"A man who won't die for something is not fit to live."
"Victory at all costs, Victory inspite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, their is no peace."
http://www.swtor.com/r/pqwT9F Ex sub looking for free stuff why not use this.

Kaos_KidSWTOR
04.07.2014 , 02:24 PM | #287
Ill go from best to worst

Agent: Great story, everything is beautifully done, If this story was it's own game, i would play that game 200 times over.

Smuggler: Havent finished Act 3, but great story, Act 1 is probably the best, Act 2 is a bit weak, havent finished Act 3.

Warrior: Classic sith story, works well. Could be more interesting

Inquisitor: Great overall story, most recently finished it also, works well, but Act 3 is boring as ****. Act 1 is forgetable at best...

Bounty Hunter: Most underrated story ever, most hilarious story in general, great to play Darkside if you know how to use Companion gifts effectively.

Consular: Watched my dad play through it, and was utterly bored with it... Had NO development whatsoever in the characters, and just felt bland.

Knight: Classic, Jedi saves the world story, havent finished it yet, but played my Gunslinger through it with my Dad playing a Sent. Decent enough, could use some more spice.

Trooper: This story just sucks. the Prologue is decent, Act 1 is ok. Acts 2 and 3 are BORING... And there's absolutely no character devolopment whatsoever...