Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best And Worst Class Story?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Best And Worst Class Story?

Talixo
03.24.2012 , 10:49 AM | #201
Inquisitor was just bad, although I liked the twist ending of 1.

Spoiler

Agent story so far is great. I find myself playing longer than intended because I want to see what happens next. It's like a novel you don't want to put down.

Lioneil
03.25.2012 , 07:02 AM | #202
I have a 50 Inquis, 50 IA, 40 BH, and everything else in the 20s more or less...

Inquisitor is by far the worst... In summary, the whole story is one giant fetch quest, with a cartoony super villain you need to kill 4 different times that feels forced upon the story and has no justification for wanting you dead other than, "Just cuz..."

And all the companions before Xalek are terrible. Inquisitors get a Jedi that joins the team for no other reason than "Well, you killed my master, so I guess I have nothing better to do." Just awful. Anyone who touched any story elements of this class should be fired.

IA is easily the best I've experienced. Meaningful choices that affect the story. All sorts of twists and turns. A feeling that what you're doing actually matters.
I've got the power to fly into the wind; the power to be free to die and live again.
This power's like fire, fire loves to burn; make the world a grave of ashes in an urn.

Penumbra

Crazynerd
06.07.2012 , 07:43 PM | #203
I haven't played many of the stories to the end, but so far this is how i see it. (Yes I know this will be quite unpopular):
(Best ot Worst foolowed by my rating)
Sith Warrior - 9.5/10
Sith Inquisitor - 8/10
Trooper - 7/10
Jedi Consular - 6/10
Imperial Agent - 4.5/10
Bounty Hunter - 3.510
Smuggler - 2/10
Jedi Knight - 0.5/10

Captain_Zone
06.07.2012 , 11:49 PM | #204
In order for me from best to worst:

1. Imperial Agent
2. Jedi Knight
3. Sith Warrior
4. Smuggler
5. Bounty Hunter
6. Sith Inquisitor
7. Trooper
8 Jedi Consular

The first seven are in a tight little pack. I enjoyed all of them a LOT.

Then there's the Consular. I kept falling asleep during that one. The sheer BOREDOM got to me. Inquisitor, Trooper, and Consular are the only 3 I haven't finished yet. And chances are, I'm never going to finish Consular unless I really want to abuse myself.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

thedesert
06.13.2012 , 03:12 AM | #205
my personal favorites of what i have played(have not played BH IA)

1. Sith Warrior

2. Sith Inquistor

3. Jedi Knight

4. Smuggler

5.Trooper

6. Jedi Consular

Gimpl
06.13.2012 , 08:27 AM | #206
Only the one I played through act 3:
1. Agent
2. Consular
3. Sith Warrior
4. Smuggler
5. Jedi Knight
6. Bounty Hunter

BubbleDncr
06.13.2012 , 11:26 AM | #207
I've played IA, JK, and BH all the way through. IA is the best, JK is a close second, and BH is definitely the wost of the three, IMO.

I have a Smuggler, Consular, and Inquisitor through varying points of chapter one, and I would say that of those, the Inquisitor is the most interesting, then Consular, then Smuggler. But I'm assuming my opinions will change as they go on, because even the Agent storyline wasn't amazing in chapter 1.
~ The Orelli Legacy ~ Prophecy of the Five ~
Elys'iya - lvl 50 Sniper Arya - lvl 50 Sentinel
Lia'li - lvl 50 Powertech Alindra - lvl 50 Sorcerer

Isintri
06.13.2012 , 04:23 PM | #208
Definatly hands down the IA is the best. It is unpredictable, your choices matter, some decisions you have to step away and think about. Worst porbably the Trooper....after act 1 the story sucks imo.
Credits? I'm in.

Sethmartin
06.13.2012 , 04:40 PM | #209
Being an altaholic, I have rolled one of every class but I've only really played a few of them for any great amount of time.

So far I like the SW storyline - I'm midway through Ch3 and although some of the twists are kind of predictable, they make sense given the position and relationships your character has with the other figures in the game. My SW started darkside, but through some RP choices has ended up light-side. Running with light-side Jaesa is very interesting, and being light-side makes for some interesting roleplay in the face of the Ch 3 story...

Spoiler

My only other toon to finish Ch1 is my Jedi Sentinel, who is currently sitting in the interlude. I quite enjoyed the chase in this storyline, but I do agree the story makes the Jedi Council look like a bunch of incompetent ninnies. I also find interesting that the storylines seem to make the Jedi code seem weak - as mentioned by somebody else, their refusal to acknowledge human nature. Having said that, running with Kira kind of puts that in your face as she reacts very differently because of who she is.

My Sith Sorc is part-way through Ch1, and it kind of feels like he's just a glorified courier for Zash's little artefact fetish. I would have expected him to be more of an espionage or hit-man type character - like the Inquisitors of history, who were out to get every heretic and dissenter they could find. Running around chasing relics seems rather beneath that... But I figure once I finish Ch1 it might get more interesting.

My Jedi Shadow is about the same level and story progression as my sorc, and I have to say I'm finding it really hard to play him at the moment. The storyline is just so repetitive and, to a degree, meaningless.

Spoiler

The only other toon I've progressed past their starting planet is a Trooper Vanguard, and I have to say that having a story based around nothing more than hunting down old military buddies is just lame. I also find the choices very cardboard.

Spoiler

So far, although I haven't played IA or any of the others in any great depth, I would have to agree with most people's opinions on the story lines. Some of them are really good, and others seem to just really, really suck...
Hopefully, though, the ones that suck now will get better later on.

Just my thoughts.

thelivinggun
06.13.2012 , 06:42 PM | #210
First would probally be Bounty Hunter for me. Story was very interesting, and seriously, who can forget about Blizz? Best Jawa Ever .
2nd would probally be Trooper, although after Act 1 the story was a bit weak, but my guild got me through.
3rd Smuggler, however it feels like Trooper and Smuggler are very alike, with chasing down someone who betrayed them and i find that there could be something a bit more creative there.
Imperial Agent would be my 4th, The story is just plain amazing but i don't like hiding behind cover waiting for my companion to take them out or waiting for my huge dps abilities to cool-down.
The Sith are my 5th and 6th, both have good stories but it feels like the Warrior is just a bit plain, Sorceror is a bit more interesting.
7th and 8th are the Jedis. Both are just very plain and at points it just feels like its always steered toward the lights but atleast the Knight brings a bit of creativity to the dark side. Both just feel like whatever you choose has no consquence and doesn't MATTER.
I need to kill any of you, i'll stay back and shoot you with my blaster than charge up. Feel my cannon and flames jedi!
I KILL U!!!