Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best And Worst Class Story?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Best And Worst Class Story?

Willay
03.06.2012 , 07:58 PM | #171
The imperial agent story is pretty epic. favorite so far
"When 900 years, you reach! Look as good, you will not" Jedi Master Yoda

AmosMosses
03.06.2012 , 08:16 PM | #172
Imperial Agent is great

Bounty Hunter is fun making Mako Happy with it gives a challenge

Jedi Consuler has been ok not bad but I just dont get the urgent feeling.

Smuggler line is good also
TURN TO THE DARK SIDE OF THE CHEESE, I am your Feta!!

Mithros
03.06.2012 , 09:00 PM | #173
The only story that I have played all the way through is the BH story.

Chapter 1 was good, chapter 2 was okay, and chapter 3 was not fun.

Spoiler

I have not gotten through chapter 2 with any other class, and I am not going to pass judgement upon the total story based upon a single chapter.
Free stuff (for you and me)! My referral link.

Beta Squadron 157. The pixel lives on in our hearts.

Recon_Grim
03.06.2012 , 10:26 PM | #174
Agent is by far the favorite of all that I've played. Second is a tie between warrior and bounty hunter.

There were points in the agent story where I had to stop playing and think about a decision before making it. I felt legitimately deceived when

Spoiler

Needless to say, it was awesome.

The Consular is pretty horrendous though.

aarka
03.06.2012 , 11:28 PM | #175
Just finished all 4 Rebublic stories. Best and worst is subjective. I actually liked 3 of them for different reasons.

Spoiler

Aethyriel
03.07.2012 , 02:46 AM | #176
IA has the best story by far, many twists, suprises and it is the one class that shows you how things actually work in the galaxy and nothing is the way you think it is, BH seems pretty boring and has a very dumb setting (let's get revenge on the guy you barely know for killing a guy you knew 5 mins longer!).

Sith Warrior was my first 50 and I really liked the story playing lightsided, I guess being darksided there takes away a lot of things and makes it pretty generic. SI was a great adventure story like in the common japanese rpg type game where you start as somewhat gifted person and stumble your way to greatness, it was pretty funny at times, too and fascinating lorewise, definetly a nice ending that sets the stage pretty nice for continuation of the storyline.

Haven't played republic myself but watched JK + Smuggler stroylines on youtube, at least some parts, Smuggler seems to be funny, but nothing more, JK is just one big cliche that pooped out another cliche.

CaptainInsano
03.07.2012 , 04:20 AM | #177
Agent story was incredible. The only part I got bored with was the Voss portion. The Native American spirit vibe felt incredibly out of place with the rest of the story and didn't have any relevance as far as I could tell. As Lightside, the ending was incredible. And let me tell you, it's really hard to achieve a true Lightside ending because you'll want to kill a particular someone so badly. Really great job at drawing out the emotion. Some people consider the ending to be underwhelming as Darkside/Neutral, but the Lightside ending has me wondering how the heck BW is going to continue the story. I'm thinking they're simply going to take the choice out of my hands, but maybe they'll go the extra mile and surprise me.

The Warrior story was pretty generic. I heard good things, but as Darkside, I pretty much went from A to B killing this person or that person. Only one moment involving a certain Padawan sticks out in my mind. That scene, while contributing little to the main story arc, was very well done. Once again, there was this weird spiritual element thrown in at the end that had no relevance to the main story. I really thought my final decision would have some big reveal or dilemma, but nope, I just did what I set out to do from the beginning with predictable results. Overall it just wasn't a memorable experience. I also found it jarring how, picking only Darkside/belligerent dialogue options, my character sounded like a complete brute or a philosopher depending on the situation. Lots of repeated dialogue for the belligerent options, like they didn't even try to make it interesting.

ZakMorgan
03.07.2012 , 08:24 AM | #178
I loved the IA story like many people here, but I really didn't like the ending I got.

To those of you who've played SW AND JK, I'm curious as to which you preferred? I'm wanting to level up one of them but can't decide. Bear in mind I'm usually light sided but not that fond of the Jedi code, any pointers?
Founder, and proud Agent since day one

Kotli
03.07.2012 , 09:50 AM | #179
The funny thing with the Sith Warrior story it better IMO if you play it light sided than the darkside.

As for the rest well I am enjoying them so far havn't touched the Sage/Sorc stories really as they seem a bit Meh to me based on the short bit I played.

ZakMorgan, try a Lightsided Sith Warrior it fun ^ and the story good as well.

Faeldawn
03.07.2012 , 09:59 AM | #180
Spoiler