Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best And Worst Class Story?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Best And Worst Class Story?

AnubisXy
01.25.2012 , 08:51 PM | #161
So far I have a Sith Inquisitor 50, Bounty Hunter 50, Imperial Agent 50 and Jedi Consular 48.

The Sith Inquisitor has, by far and away, the worst storyline.

Instead of acting like Palpatine and being the cool manipulative person, you're Laura Croft and spend all your time delving into old tombs. Only, you suck at it, because you manage to walk into every single trap in the tombs. Every. Single. Trap. Your character gets defeated and falls unconcious about a dozen times through out the storyline.

The only reason you don't die is because... I dunno. I guess the bad guys are too lazy to stab you with a lightsaber once you're lying on the floor in front of them unconscious. Which you do. A lot.

The big boss of the storyline, whom you spend all of Act 2 and Act 3 fighting against is completely delusional and has absolutely no purpose for opposing you. Seriously, I'm still trying to figure out why he wants to kill me. His reasoning makes absolutely zero sense. All I can figure out is that he must be on drugs.

He's also a lame villain who runs away over and over and over and over and... well, you get the drift.

I have to say, he is by far and away one of the worst villains I have ever encountered in a video game. Even Bowser in the original Super Mario Bro's was a better written villain. And since the only storyline in both Act 2 and Act 3 is "get stronger so you can beat last boss" having such an incredibly lame last boss just makes the Inquisitor's story go from suck to blow.
"He doesn't use the Force. He just uses... force."

Crunchyblack
01.25.2012 , 10:13 PM | #162
Basically if you want a evil, act like a ******, storyline SW is the way to go...Darkside is predictible but satisfying..also your "boss" darth baras is by far the coolest looking and sounding guy to get quets from.

ivek-engineer
03.06.2012 , 02:45 PM | #163
i just finished act1 with SI,and I was so bored and disapointed that I deleted my character.... like someone said earlier I feel like errand boy.the story has a great start when you are slave and you rise to power...but after that everything is just the same... defeat this crazy sith lord,defeat that crazy sith lord,bring me this blah blah....everybody's telling you that darth zash is gonna betray you and stuff like that... simply nothing too interesting.

it was little annoying to play as a sith pureblood slave ?? i mean,i'm a pureblood sith a yet everybody keep reminding me that i'm just a slave.

i'm gonna start again with IA.
By the comments here I would say that IA,JK and SW have great stories and JS NO.... BH has the best companions.... other classes are nothing too good or bad,dependig on what you like

Toogeloo
03.06.2012 , 03:00 PM | #164
Good* stories:
Warrior
Knight
Agent
Trooper

Okay* stories:
Smuggler
Hunter

Bad* stories:
Inquisitor
Consular

*Disclaimer: This is the opinion of myself and myself only. I have played through Act 1 for all stories, and completely finished the stories of Warrior, Agent, Inquisitor, and nearly finished Hunter. Some input taken from others on the forums has also helped shape this list.

Achraya
03.06.2012 , 03:08 PM | #165
Best: Warrior, hands down. I leveled it like it was crack because I wanted to see what was next.

Worst: Consular. Smuggler is pretty bad too, by the end I felt like
Spoiler

Ticara
03.06.2012 , 03:38 PM | #166
I very much liked the SW story, especially the first act. Got a bit meh during the second act but got better with act 3.

Also enjoyed the BH story, since the BH has by far the most entertaining comps. What I don't understand are people that complain about the repetitiveness of BH quests (go to planet, find target, kill target, collect bounty, repeat), since thats kinda all there is to bounty hunting...you get a contract, find your target and deal with it and get your money when you're done. Whoever didn't see that coming must be pretty stupid (no offense intended).

Trooper storyline is okay, nothing special though.

JK story is even more cliched than the other storylines, in addition to being kinda boring with a boring male VA.

And from what I've seen so far from the IA storyline I gotta say it's quite nice.

Rackjaw
03.06.2012 , 04:56 PM | #167
I have a 31 agent and a 33 bounty hunter.

I rolled an agent because everyone says the story is "awesome". It's not. I guess for an MMO it's okay, but it's seriously forgettable when compared to any other form of storytelling, even other video games. Kaliyo is extremely annoying as well.

My bounty hunter has been slightly better than the agent, but not by much. Again, totally forgettable story / characters. Everything is "I like credits" over and over again. You participate in "The Great Hunt" but you never feel like you are actually hunting anything.

All in all, I think the writing and storytelling in SWTOR is pathetic. The fact that there are so many filler world quests that have absolutely no impact on your story (or anything for that matter) really bogs down the feeling of an epic journey through the Star Wars universe.

Class quests are so few and far between that by the time I get to them I've mostly forgotten what was going on or I just am so fed up with the questing in general that I don't care.

If it weren't for the loading screens summing up my journey thus far, I wouldn't know what was going on at all in my story. I'm very disappointed in the writing in this game, and I don't think I'll be around much longer.
"The sarlacc found me somewhat indigestible." -

SuperSair
03.06.2012 , 05:03 PM | #168
I've played Consular, Trooper and Knight to completion.

Knight had a cookie cutter story, that still managed to maintain a epic feel and be interesting despite. Poor light/dark side decisions that are juvenile at best. Good crew with a collection of interesting characters. Predictable? Yes, a bit at times, but still entertaining enough to encourage you to play through some of the cliches.

Trooper started off great with Act 1, but got really slow in Act 2 and Act 3. Great light/dark side decisions that go beyond just being good and evil and make you sit and think for minutes before a decision, easily the premiere aspect of the story. Being part of the military machine gave the Trooper less of a character and didn't project a feel of connection to the actual story(at least Light side). "It's your job" isn't a dramatic motivation for me honestly. Crew all tend to blend into each other, as they are all generic soldier types with similar personalities who like the same conversation choices, all except Vikk, who was a jerk.

Consular was terrible. Absolutely garbage. Starts off slow, uninteresting and repetitive, get's slower, more repetitive and less interesting all the way to Act 3 when your level 40 when it finally starts to pick up. Individual planet storylines blur together because you are actually do the EXACT SAME THING(literally) you were on the last planet, with probably worse pacing and motivation. I can remember individual planets quests for my Knight and Trooper but I realistically can't for my Consular, and I created and finished her last. Light/Dark decisions are idiotic, basically asking you do you want to murder people you could save with little effort just because you feel like it. Being evil for the sake of being evil shouldn't be the main motivation for the choices this series promotes. The cast of companions was equally bad. The vast majority of them conform to strict stereotypes and possess little to no actual connection to the story(Except Nadia who you get at level 44). Half of them are only there because they are ordered too and the other half have nothing better to do. Both gender's romance options are recruited in the last stretch of the game leaving both to feel clumsy, rushed and gives little time to actually like the companions, which wouldn't really be possible anyway.

I'm eager to start the Smuggler once Legacy comes out so I can realistically prove that BioWare put more care into the Imperial storylines.

TL;DR Knight was good, Trooper was okay, Consular was UNCONDITIONALLY bad.

oMGitsree
03.06.2012 , 05:35 PM | #169
My husband played the IA and that storyline was amazing.
I have done Warrior, Bounty Hunter, Smuggler and Consular.

SO far Bounty Hunter and Consular are my least favorite and Warrior was my favorite. Smuggler storyline I am on the border about. I get the strong inkling I would like it more if I played a male Smuggler

VenaliterFA
03.06.2012 , 07:30 PM | #170
Best: IA and Sith Inquisitor

Worst: Consular
Be reasonable, do it my way.