Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best And Worst Class Story?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Best And Worst Class Story?

Master-A
01.24.2012 , 02:59 PM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by Zulufoxtrot View Post
These are just my opinions about each story, I like them all but if I had to choose best to worst this is how it would go and why.

Spoiler

Nice but hey do u still play doctor as Jedi Consular after finishing act 1 or is there more action in it?

Here is my list

Spoiler

I but I dident come far with most of them so the list isent complet :P

bryceman
01.24.2012 , 02:59 PM | #142
I have only done SW, JK, and JC; out of those three light side SW is the best and JK is the worst. As a SW back talking to your master is endless amounts of fun; JK story started out very interesting but after Act 1, I quickly lost interest. The JC story in IMHO was very good but I couldn't use Theran because its useless to have 2 healers and the whole thing with Nadia was kind of ruined because you get her very late on in the game.

Akatoshia
01.24.2012 , 03:05 PM | #143
I just hit 30 on my operative, and I'm loving the IA storyline

It's an incredibly rich plot when it comes to personal decisions, and their impacts... Certainly not forced into a class "stereotype." There have been plenty of moments where I've come to really question what the consequences of my actions would be, and it's thrilling to think I have some freedom when it comes to my place in the universe.
Dessel || Concealment Operative || Valor 68
"Through victory, my chains are broken.

The Force shall set me free..."

Monkeywool
01.24.2012 , 03:21 PM | #144
I started off as Consular, I am level 19 now, still at Taris and the story is kinda boring me.

I want to be a healer, I'm assuming all the most fun stories are over on Emp side.

The question is, should I drop my 19 sage and start again as an inquisitor or go for Agent/Bounty Hunter?

Master-A
01.24.2012 , 03:50 PM | #145
Ill say Agent/bounty Hunter

Monkeywool
01.24.2012 , 03:52 PM | #146
Intriguing, but which? Agent or Bounty Hunter?

I have a little experience with BH, seems kinda fun to heal with drones and stuff, never tried Agent before.

TheCosmicMuffet
01.24.2012 , 04:41 PM | #147
Everyone and their dog recommends Agent it seems like. I played BH a bit, and I can only say that it's not particularly exciting, at least for the first part. It's more about whether the character is fun to play. Which--as a tank, it can be. Certainly I played a trooper, adn that's basically the same--and the BH is just a trooper without bugged animation times. So it should be fun.

However, just as counterpoint on the trooper quest. I found several things about it to be fun.

1) it blends in very well with the actual missions. As other classes you show up at a world and people drop things in your lap and it seems odd that you're taking all these odd jobs sometimes--unless you're just a career adventurer. Which admittedly we all play as, but still--when someone puts the future of Balmorra on your shoulders, as opposed to just getting some help with their problems (and life continues on) it makes less sense than when it's part of the trooper's objectives. It makes sense that the premier special forces ****** would be going from hot spot to hot spot, problem solving, and picking up their awesome team of misfits at the same time.

2) It is SO great to make light/dark side choices as trooper if for no other reason than several of them are *actually* ambiguous and kind of interesting. Like whether you preserve 'one of your own' who's also mission-critical or a bunch of strangers that you don't know, but are the more virtuous thing to do.

3) the end point is much more satisfying. In the beginning you get thrust into a situation that's appealing, but immediately evaporates, and you kind of feel cheated out of a sense of belonging to your character's story--but then, as you go, you end up building the scope and experiences that create a sense of that belonging much better than you could have imagined. And at the end, you have a team of people in storm trooper armor all standing behind you that look ******, but also part of a unit--that you lead. Even their prime stats are the same, which feels cool in a way. Other players have a motley crew standing behind them.

4) Dressing as a dark jedi with gun.

SarimRune
01.24.2012 , 04:42 PM | #148
Hands down, the Knight story is the best, by which I mean, epic and heroic. I got goosebumps at one point.

The Consular is pretty boring so far.

I mean you can even tell from the beginning.

Knight: "We need you to go out and single handedly save Tython!!! Can you do that for us, son!!"
Consular: "There are the holocrons. They may be in danger. If it's not too much trouble, could you go take this USB and make us a copy. Thanks."

I'm enjoying the Agent more than I thought I would. And the BH is just cool.

Rajiya
01.24.2012 , 04:51 PM | #149
Quote: Originally Posted by Monkeywool View Post
I started off as Consular, I am level 19 now, still at Taris and the story is kinda boring me.

I want to be a healer, I'm assuming all the most fun stories are over on Emp side.

The question is, should I drop my 19 sage and start again as an inquisitor or go for Agent/Bounty Hunter?

Try smuggler scoundrel. Much more interesting story line and still heals.

Alchropie
01.24.2012 , 07:06 PM | #150
So many spoilers! but good info.