Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best And Worst Class Story?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Best And Worst Class Story?

01.24.2012 , 12:31 PM | #131
I've only played the Agent Storyline to completion, and I have never stared at the screen going "holy ****" or "you want me to do what? OMG" in any other game. Can't imagine another story could be better, but I'll warn you that it didn't really get GOOD until Chapter 2 - Chapter 1's just OK.

I've played Inquisitor and Smuggler up until the teens, and I liked where Inquisitor was going, but if the IA storyline taught me anything, you can't judge the story based off chapter 1.

I've heard good things mostly about Bounty Hunter and Jedi Knight, so those will probably be the next two classes I play (already started my bounty hunter, but its way too early to know how good it is).

My advice tho, is that unless you're dead set on getting Light/Dark Side V gear, is to not get too hung up on being light or dark side. You can decide at the beginning that your character is light side, but don't feel the need to always pick the light side option. Let your character grow with the storyline.

01.24.2012 , 12:59 PM | #132
Quote: Originally Posted by nezroy View Post
Well, I'll put it this way... I'm seriously considering rolling a second agent JUST so I can make different choices at the end of Chapter 1.
Nicely put! I'm actually working on an Operative to take the dark path and see about the end of Act 1.

The Agent storyline is fantastic and has a lot of room for you to play the kind of character you want. I have a Sniper at 50 and played mostly Light side, in the sense of acting like a professional, upholding many of the ideals of the Empire while pushing back on some of them, not always relishing grim duties, unafraid to kill but often showing mercy, and almost always behaving rationally, except when I mouthed off to pretty much every Sith I could. It was great, and there's a surprising amount of humor in the story as well, not to mention that at least as a male agent <Flirt> is always a good option. The story through Act 2 is excellent (Act 2 in particular is incredible), and although Act 3 is weaker it still has an interesting narrative and I found my ending of the story to be excellent.

PibbyPib phrased this better than I could have so I wanted to quote that also:

Quote: Originally Posted by PibbyPib View Post
That's what I thought was great about the Agent storyline that isn't present in the others that I've seen; you can play it several ways and it actually feels right no matter what tack you take..
With regard to the companions, they're pretty good and some of them are great. Doctor Lokin is quite interesting and often very funny in a dry way; he's great to have with you not only as a healer but for his comments and reactions; he's also highly suitable for the "professional" style of play because he'll tend to react favorably. SCORPIO is a trip and my only regret about her is that she's a melee tank and thus doesn't really work to accompany me in the field.

01.24.2012 , 01:10 PM | #133
I don't have as much time to play as I'd like so I've only played Jedi Knight through Act. 1. I'll try to be very general so I don't give too much away:

The bad: It's a very predictable story about a gifted force prodigy saving the universe and Act I of the story frequently makes the republic military commanders look incompetent. While you get a feeling of being this elegant light-saber wielding general bad ***, it's hard to find groups for heroic and flashpoint quest as a JK b/c everyone assumes you are a tank and assumes you are sub-par to a play things like this sometimes leaves you feeling a little cynical and take you out of the plot when the story builds up your prowess.

The good: The story seems to be epic in scope, you feel the sense of urgency behind the class storyline, and you actually feel for your companions. The vibe of the story actually feels like you are in the Star Wars universe. There are some game play mechanics that help you get deeper into the story as well: overall there are a lot of abilities for the guardian class; in some of the light-saber battles with sith I've found I have to be very skilled with all of my talents to get by....I am really enjoying the complexity b/c it makes the battles feel more intense/epic; it genuinely helps with the story immersion if you go into it after some of these fantastic duels.

Overall I love the experience I'm having with JK, in large part due to the story. Will keep playing to end.

01.24.2012 , 01:13 PM | #134
If you played KotoR and it's sequel, then the Knight storyline is the one to play through, as it's basically the final part of the trilogy.

01.24.2012 , 01:36 PM | #135
Sith Inq (42) - Act 1 was good, went downhill after that.
Bounty hunter (35) - Pretty good, but I always want to get to the next kill.
Sith warrior (22) - OK, lets you be a mean b'stard.
Imp Agent (20) - The best so far but I'm still young.

01.24.2012 , 01:39 PM | #136
I have a BH at 41 and JK at 25. I enjoy the BH but after being on Belsavis for a bit (yawwwnn) I decided to make a JK. JK's story is good so far. There's something about it that gives me drive while I feel like the BH story got a bit stale after act 1.
I'd make an IA but the male voice has me going eesh.. The female voice actress sounds amazing, though.

01.24.2012 , 02:09 PM | #137
Consular is my favorite. Don't know why you all hate him, he does some pretty cool stuff early on. One of the first things you can do is lift about 2000 pounds of rubble to save some dude and then float a bunch of ppl to safety. I also feel like a real Jedi as a Consular.

I've only lvled consular, but i have seen most other class story dialogue externally through youtube and others.
Jedi Shadow -I'm not afraid to tank in my skirt!

01.24.2012 , 02:23 PM | #138
Lvl 50 BH, merc, story is sh*t, extremely disapointing, maybe cause i was light. W/e it was awful go to planet, check places x, y, z everytime your target gets away or isnt there and then just repeat on every planet seriously boring. Pretty much rerolling from disapointment in story and the boring tracer missile spam.
PS: Mako can go die in a @#$%ing hole with the freaking droid, b*tchest companion ever.

Lvl 31 Marauder, love the story so far while it has somewhat of an x, y, z component to it i realize its hard to get away from that for such a long story but its switched up a bit and actually feel like im making a difference in the galaxy.

I've tried SI and IA till around 10ish both had pretty good starts so far i like the SI slightly better but then again still only lvl 10 on them
Crimson- 50 Marauder Mind Trick
Cagerage- 50 Merc Mind Trick
Rolandeschain- 40 Gunslinger Canderous Ordo

01.24.2012 , 02:26 PM | #139
best story imo is smuggler great all around and the best dialogue options you can think of 2nd probably would have to say trooper starts off slow but after around tatooine it gets really good

01.24.2012 , 02:35 PM | #140
These are just my opinions about each story, I like them all but if I had to choose best to worst this is how it would go and why.

Pre-order Standard Edition August 23, 2011. I'll never understand why not swimming, when you never actually need to swim, is such an immersion breaker. How often do you really roleplay underwater?