Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lev 50 Marauder, nearly full champ.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
Lev 50 Marauder, nearly full champ.

Paybacktc
01.21.2012 , 07:28 AM | #21
Capturing the hutt ball winning for your team > 300k-600k damage dealt.

True outcome, 300k-600k damage dealt BAZILLION MEDALS >capturing hutt ball to win 0 medals and or votes.

Also this OP clearly doesn't know how to play a marauder let alone any marauder complaining. It's actually pretty hilarious to even speak the works marauders are under powered. Every class should be running from you if you know how to play your class, end of story.

Midee
01.21.2012 , 07:40 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Paybacktc View Post
Every class should be knocking you back if you know how to play your class, end of story.
Fixed your tiny error.

~Midy.
Asian gamers, better than you since 1982.
Born with a +10 gaming racial

Testament - 50 Sith Pureblood Marauder, The Ravager-EU.

Raansu
01.21.2012 , 07:55 AM | #23
imo if they changed the abilities we have that stun "weak targets" to actually work in pvp I think we would have less issues. Half the time I can't even use pommel strike or opportune strike in pvp. Aside from that I don't really have many issue's keeping up with the damage and I went the "weak spec" focus tree according to my guild, but it works well for me. Force sweep crits for 5k+ quite alot, especially when stacked after using force stasis and power ups.

Baldero
01.21.2012 , 07:58 AM | #24
As a level 22 Maurader, the only class that gives me trouble is Operative with the half dozen stuns they have. Every other class 1v1 I have no problem. 2v1 is another story, but most I'm OK with that. In Huttball, I LOL when I see healers on the top tier throwing their heals, force leap, apply dots, snare, interrupt their self-heals, continue to lol as they die. Occasionally, the knock back off the platform can be a problem, but wait, that's what my reduced cool down Force Leap is for, which conveniently interrupts the self heal they are preparing to throw.

No, Mauraders are fine. Maybe I'll change my story when I hit 50, but so far, I have zero problems being in the top 3 for objectives AND damage.

yokubou
01.21.2012 , 08:00 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Paybacktc View Post
Capturing the hutt ball winning for your team > 300k-600k damage dealt.

True outcome, 300k-600k damage dealt BAZILLION MEDALS >capturing hutt ball to win 0 medals and or votes.

Also this OP clearly doesn't know how to play a marauder let alone any marauder complaining. It's actually pretty hilarious to even speak the works marauders are under powered. Every class should be running from you if you know how to play your class, end of story.
Okay, here and there i notice people saying marauders are fine, L2P etc. People give valid reason why they feel that Mara's are kinda up compared to other classes.

Now people like you type stuff like

"Every class should be running from you if you know how to play your class, end of story."

Okay, tell me. How do you make every class run away from you and not turn around and smash your face. Please tell me Marauder god. Open our eyes, we've been so blind.

Quote: Originally Posted by Baldero View Post
As a level 22 Maurader, the only class...
Stopped reading there.
The Ravager EU

Hanako - 50 Sith Marauder
Envy - 50 Sith Sorcerer

Dat_Dude
01.21.2012 , 08:15 AM | #26
I am not at level 50 yet with my warrior because I'm playing a few classes all of them are in level 30's, so I cannot comment of end game yet but I do see the warrior as a weaker class so far.

The class needs some better stuns for sure and they need a new force ability that you can use from a distance, or more damage dealing since you have to jump in their swinging away.

I have a level 39 BH and the damage he deals is far above what the warrior can do. It is so much easier leveling with the BH.

For example my warrior can jump in a mob and take them out with help from Vette with three or four moves. My BH can take out a mob with on shot and no help.

The warrior is not a bad class but it is at a disadvantage.

Torkepl
01.21.2012 , 08:21 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by thenerdma View Post
I mindlessly spam rage smashes. I AM GOOD, OKAY?!?!?

Lulz..
how can you ''spam'' ability that have cooldown?

Also outposter plays annihilation.

Fail troll is fail.

Nevenrial
01.21.2012 , 08:30 AM | #28
I find that the real issue is that people believe the most important indication of a classes validity in PVP is damage or healing done. These are the same people who skirmish in the hutt ball pits or zerg the center turret while the wings are undefended.

My personal feeling is that Arena and other small scale PVP setups that people have grown accustomed to encouraged and even demanded this perception. Currently, SWTOR doesn't have a similar, individually focused match as of right now. Therefore, I believe the original point of being underwhelming damage wise is sort of moot.

Now if however they start an Arena, I would hole heartily agree that damage needs to be closely examined and balanced to provide a level playing field.

snuff
01.21.2012 , 08:31 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by xSkynet View Post
200-250k dmg a warzone, very rarely break 300k.

My equally geared powertech BH friend is 400-450k and occcasionally breaks 500k.

We have been gaming together for a decade and have always been equals in terms of skill.

I have only once EVER broke 5k dmg in 1 hit on a fury/15%/relic/adrenal annihilation. And that was before 50's brackets.

I play annihilation atm, 31/10/0. I have been playing this class since launch and know it extremely well at this point (all specs). Fact remains, this class is sub-par. You may be having great success, as am I now that I'm 50 and geared, but heavy armor wearing ranged classes are doing it too, and doing it much better(as are ops and scoundrels). We dont have a stun or a knockback which is booty, a 4 second vanish is pretty pathetic, and if our purge/trinket is down a decent operative will kill you, no exception. Also, the whole fury/beserk* mechanic is too much extra crap to push and be conscious of. The only class that would benefit from this would be ones that can attack from stealth. Wasting 4 GCD's to fury/zerk/adrenal/relic while actually fighting someone is rediculous.

Thank you for reading my rant.
1. your bh friend is ranged and people in this game are still playing nooob like and don't kill them.

2. He doesn't get a shield that makes him take no damage

3. he doesn't get a stealth skill to run away from combat if he is close to getting killed.

About your lack of a consitent 5k hit...

You are carnage spec which is a the BLEED line not the SPIKE dps line.

I don't know what spec your buddy is but if he is arsenal he is pretty much fodder if any melee jumps him. If he is pyro he has a chance at kiting them to death.

I'm not saying marauders need or don't need love I just don't see how you can sit there and copare two TOTALLY different classes that are not even the same type (ranged/melee) and then go off something as murky and subjective as total dps in a match.

My main is a jugg, now I know we have way to much crap to manage while staying in melee range (both jug and marauder) and it requires significant more skill to play these classes then face roll BH (I have a 40ish BH merc). But it would never cross my mind to try to compare my Jugg dps line to the dps line of any ranged class.

cloneslds
01.21.2012 , 09:02 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by rainzquall View Post
Man, as an anni marauder, before patch i can constantly dish out 300-400k damage and 100k+ healing. My highest record was 450k dmg and 150k healing. After patch, I can still constantly do 250k-300k dmg and 60-80k healing. I dont have full set champ and im using 1 champ mainhand and 1 centurion offhand.

With anni spec, marauder are invincible. If you think marauder sucks, you really havent fully utilized all of your abilities and GCD
See people miss interpret threads like these. Mara's do not suck...it's just compared to the other classes where the problem is.
The way I play Mara is wait till everyone's is low and go in for the KS's. But if you're up against any ranged heavy or even a jugg/guardian then it's like "Oh god.....i need help, get the hell out of here, or crit big or die.

I love my class and Im not crying for any huge rework buffs just stuff that makes us a little more viable.

I see so many Mara's say Learn 2 play...well please make a video and show us how to play because im willing to watch and correct my ways so i can be a more viable Mara.