Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lev 50 Marauder, nearly full champ.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
Lev 50 Marauder, nearly full champ.

xSkynet
01.20.2012 , 04:49 PM | #1
200-250k dmg a warzone, very rarely break 300k.

My equally geared powertech BH friend is 400-450k and occcasionally breaks 500k.

We have been gaming together for a decade and have always been equals in terms of skill.

I have only once EVER broke 5k dmg in 1 hit on a fury/15%/relic/adrenal annihilation. And that was before 50's brackets.

I play annihilation atm, 31/10/0. I have been playing this class since launch and know it extremely well at this point (all specs). Fact remains, this class is sub-par. You may be having great success, as am I now that I'm 50 and geared, but heavy armor wearing ranged classes are doing it too, and doing it much better(as are ops and scoundrels). We dont have a stun or a knockback which is booty, a 4 second vanish is pretty pathetic, and if our purge/trinket is down a decent operative will kill you, no exception. Also, the whole fury/beserk* mechanic is too much extra crap to push and be conscious of. The only class that would benefit from this would be ones that can attack from stealth. Wasting 4 GCD's to fury/zerk/adrenal/relic while actually fighting someone is rediculous.

Thank you for reading my rant.

Stormtroopin
01.20.2012 , 06:05 PM | #2
I hit lvl 50 a couple weeks ago with my marauder as well and though some pvp gear would help. Well I got some gear and it doesn't seem to make a whole lot of difference.

The problem I am seeing is that we marauders have to string more abilities together to come even close to what other classes can do in a couple button presses. Right there puts us at a disadvantage. The burst just isnt there, yeah we got some hard hitting abilities but they are less than effective compared to other classes. The biggest problem is that we have to build rage whenever we enter a fight. No other classes need time to build up a burst, they just jump in and start smashing buttons. We have to run in, because you dont want to get knocked back and waste your force leap, try to score a hit ( battering assault ) then get knocked down, knocked back, stunned, snared and kited around. Ok so I use my CC breaker, great I can move now, but ah crap look another stun. Yay. So I spec force camo, that says its supposed to break cc, which doesn't btw. By this time im nearly dead and have to either run away (lol not gonna happen in 4 seconds force camo) or just force leap to my death. Woot. PVP. Aw wait no its not I just spent 5 min stunned and running away, or trying to break ranged LOS.

Lets not even mention the fact that EVERY other class in the game has a shield/bubble or some godlike damage mitigation vs melee weapons, wow thanks.

Every person in PVP knows Marauders can't hang, they b-line straight for us. Why? Because this class is a push over. Hell other marauders are the first people I target as well, because they actaully die. A lot.

Seriously guys we need some help out there.

BadAsylum
01.20.2012 , 07:46 PM | #3
Im playing a 50 maurader annihilation tree. the damage output is very slow and relatively weak, I agree that the class could be streamlined its overly convoluted with added fury and rage managment, I mean the class would still be underpowered if it was in beserk mode all the time anyway. the number one thing that gimps this class is how weak this class is vs cc, I can safely every single time I have been downed in pvp it has been the result of a stunlock where I am frozen in place as I watch my self die not being able to do anything about it because resovle doesnt work and I already used my unleash on the 1 out of 8 forms of cc being spammed on me in the span of 10 seconds. this game has too much cc and especially needs to rip out the stun take damage stuff no class should be dependant on that from of cc.

ZetsumeiKira
01.20.2012 , 09:41 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by xSkynet View Post

My equally geared powertech BH friend is 400-450k and occcasionally breaks 500k.
You should have seen me on my trooper. I facerolled 2 marauders who where lvl 49 and I was about 12 or 13 in the Warzone. lol Silly Warrior Kittens.
Looking good with a disguised mask in the monster's land.

Maxxacre
01.20.2012 , 09:55 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ZetsumeiKira View Post
You should have seen me on my trooper. I facerolled 2 marauders who where lvl 49 and I was about 12 or 13 in the Warzone. lol Silly Warrior Kittens.
I'm willing to bet it really went something more like... you sat back and attacked 2 high level Marauders who were fighting some other people and completely ignoring you. Either that, or if you really went head to head against them, they were absolutely positively terrible.

Troopers, especially Commandos, are food for a good Marauder.
"Paper is fine, nerf rock!" --Scissors

ZetsumeiKira
01.20.2012 , 10:01 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Maxxacre View Post
I'm willing to bet it really went something more like... you sat back and attacked 2 high level Marauders who were fighting some other people and completely ignoring you. Either that, or if you really went head to head against them, they were absolutely positively terrible.

Troopers, especially Commandos, are food for a good Marauder.
Dream on, sweet dreams!
Looking good with a disguised mask in the monster's land.

Stormtroopin
01.20.2012 , 10:44 PM | #7
Troopers wtfpwn marauders.

ReFlexionn
01.20.2012 , 11:10 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by xSkynet View Post

We have been gaming together for a decade and have always been equals in terms of skill.

I have only once EVER broke 5k dmg in 1 hit on a fury/15%/relic/adrenal annihilation. And that was before 50's brackets.

I play annihilation atm, 31/10/0. I have been playing this class since launch and know it extremely well at this point (all specs). Fact remains, this class is sub-par. You may be having great success, as am I now that I'm 50 and geared, but heavy armor wearing ranged classes are doing it too, and doing it much better(as are ops and scoundrels). We dont have a stun or a knockback which is booty, a 4 second vanish is pretty pathetic, and if our purge/trinket is down a decent operative will kill you, no exception. Also, the whole fury/beserk* mechanic is too much extra crap to push and be conscious of. The only class that would benefit from this would be ones that can attack from stealth. Wasting 4 GCD's to fury/zerk/adrenal/relic while actually fighting someone is rediculous.

Thank you for reading my rant.
don't forget that marauder don't have as much aoes
Baka ka omae wa?

harrisonxxi
01.21.2012 , 01:24 AM | #9
If you cant break 300k in a warzone with a marauder your definitely doing it wrong. Also we are the single best healer killer/disabler in the game. And have the best overall team buff for pvp (predation).

Aluvi
01.21.2012 , 02:19 AM | #10
Marauder PvP felt OK before the 50s bracket, when I was a fully 126-140 geared player vs a bunch of primarily sub 50s.

Now that I'm in a 50s only bracket I see how truly underpowered Marauders are. OP has it right; for some reason, Bioware was too afraid to give warriors any kind of decent stun/burst damage, and other classes have an insane amount of burst and tons of stuns/disables that are not on the GCD.

A fresh 50 Operative that knows what they are doing should have no problem killing a full champ geared marauder, assuming they get the jump on the marauder from stealth. A well geared one.. well, forget it.