Dumbest player of the year award winner!

Uthyr

Ok, so i leveled my commando to 50 and started an alt. Picked my advanced class and said to my wife: 'There it is again, that annoying backpack for your AC. Stupid game mechanic.' So she says: 'What do you mean?'. I replied 'well that stupid backpack you have to carry with you because of your advanced class choice.'. She rolls her eyes and says: 'right click it dummy, it gives you gear.' :rolleyes:

So my level 50 trooper has carried that backpack with 'great' gear in his inventory for about 40 levels, never knowing it was a gear set that could have boosted me when i was a little trooper. :o

I will now keep my trooper backpack as a visible memory of my ignorance. :p

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so i leveled my commando to 50 and started an alt. Picked my advanced class and said to my wife: 'There it is again, that annoying backpack for your AC. Stupid game mechanic.' So she says: 'What do you mean?'. I replied 'well that stupid backpack you have to carry with you because of your advanced class choice.'. She rolls her eyes and says: 'right click it dummy, it gives you gear.' :rolleyes:

So my level 50 trooper has carried that backpack with 'great' gear in his inventory for about 40 levels, never knowing it was a gear set that could have boosted me when i was a little trooper. :o

i reverse engineered my lightsaber.

...twice...

my wife did the same thing. She got to 18 before i noticed she didnt have dual sabers, and "

fixed" it for her.

LOL

Take consolation in knowing that you are not the only player to make that mistake. I recently told a friend that his backpack was more than just something to take up an inventory slot. Luckily he was still fairly low level so the gear wasn't completely useless to him.

:csw_redsaber::csw_bluesaber:

Cool story, bro!

But seriously, this backpack has to be one of the greatest source of issues for beginners. How many times have you seen a marauder/sentinel ask 'How do I get a second lightsaber?'.

The problem is that the backpack just appears unannounced - it should have a reward window explaining what it is.

If it makes you feel any better, there were plenty of low level quests I couldn't complete for some odd reason. Turns out, I didn't know about the "MISSION ITEMS" tab in my inventory -- I was totally oblivious to it. I kept clicking on Droids on Hutta trying to figure out what I was supposed to do. :o

I wasted a couple of hours trying to find a vendor that would give me an off hand lightsaber when I got dual spec. Eventually I bought one for ton of credits, it wasn't until 5 levels later when I went to offload my full inventory that I came across the back pack. I scowled for most of the afternoon once I realised there was an orange lightsaber in it :o Edited by MelRee