Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is act 2 of the inquisitor storyline a bad joke?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Is act 2 of the inquisitor storyline a bad joke?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

acheros
01.20.2012 , 08:38 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Punkre View Post
Like the above poster stated, if you want a good act 2 play Imperial agent, you might end up with a bit of a lack of a "epic" ending though as the trade off.

SI act 2 was really boring, heck half of act 1 for SI sucked as well, Balmora was an aweful story, with very little characters and not much of a point. Alderaan was equally worthless. And only Nar Shadaa ends up having any point latter on in the story.

The pacing is really bad in some of the stories, and personally I find that act 3 for the SI really doesn't get much better till much latter, basically while its ending.
Honestly, When i first did it..I thought the whole force ghost thing would be just a small part of it, you know? Like an excuse to get out and DO things...Sadly, no, its a major plot point...

Act 1 ended on such a great note, too. Then its like...nothing..

UnderatedNoob
01.20.2012 , 08:46 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by acheros View Post
Act 1 was..Okay, not great, but i felt it was a great first act.
I got confused Here.

acheros
01.20.2012 , 11:19 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by UnderatedNoob View Post
I got confused Here.
It was great for a first act, it served its purpose perfectly. I found it wanting, but it was great as an introductory story.

Grondoth
01.21.2012 , 12:16 AM | #14
act 2 for the consular is pretty boss. JK is supposed to have a good act 2 as well. And if you wanted to be a privateer the whole time, smuggler act 2 is pretty great.
AHM OLD

AnubisXy
01.21.2012 , 12:22 AM | #15
To be fair, Act 2 for the Inquisitor was much better than Act 3.

But then again, of the 8 storylines the Inquisitor's is the worst. Act 3 just crumbles and doesn't even make any sense whatsoever. You're left scratching your head going, "Wait, what?" for like... the last 30 hours of playtime.
"He doesn't use the Force. He just uses... force."

LilTsar
01.21.2012 , 12:46 AM | #16
i thought bounty hunter storyline was great all the way through. only complaint would be that it was perhaps a bit too epic, as in i got tired of every questgiver recognizing me as some sort of god on the blasters, but storywise incredible. when act II ended really abruptly i had a serious omg moment, shades of kotor 1 in terms of a twist. dont know why anybody who plays a bh would be disappointed, were u expecting political intrigue? for a bounty hunter?
but then smuggler was rather lame, particularly in comparison and due to the fact that most of it was incredibly similar to the bh, but not as cool. instead of going to planet after planet going after more and more tough and hardcore targets (a trandoshan pirate, an imperial moff, a rogue mandalorian and a jedi warlord to name a few) you go to planet after planet... to deliver something. even had a similar act I villain, but while the bh one truly felt like a nemesis, annoying me at every turn, the smuggler was just a pretty generic douche. act II sounds cool ('Republic Privateer'), but you dont actually do any real privateering, you're just a basic go-to guy. better than act I, but just saying.

Jorander
01.21.2012 , 02:11 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by acheros View Post
Act 1 was..Okay, not great, but i felt it was a great first act. It served like an introductory pilot. It introduces you to most of the characters, gives you the basic premise for the class storyline, ect.

Then act two happens...Act two is like, a big lipped alligator, starring you down. Sadly, however. unlike a big lipped alligator moment, this lasts much...Much longer.

Even the NAME is a joke. Force walk? really bioware? It sounds like a bad 80s dance craze..
You are crazy, and shame on you for jacking other, well respected individual's idioms, you plagerist. If you got offended at me calling you a plagerist in this context, then you don't really know where the idea of the big-lipped alligator comes from, or what I really meant by calling you a plagerist, and saying shame on you. That said, I liked act one for the SI, but I wasn't particularly wowed by it, save for the end. Act 2 is quite possibly the single greatest story-telling achievement Bioware has ever come up with, they perfectly captured the themes and nature of the Sith and the dark side of the Force, what it means to place yourself above the external, to the end of achieving power. They literally could not have hit it more perfectly unless they told the story of episodes 1-6 again.
"Honor is a fool's prize." Darth Bane
"Love will not condemn you, love will save you." Jolee Bindo
"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." Kreia. The wisest teachers of the force to ever live.

Jorander
01.21.2012 , 02:13 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by AnubisXy View Post
To be fair, Act 2 for the Inquisitor was much better than Act 3.

But then again, of the 8 storylines the Inquisitor's is the worst. Act 3 just crumbles and doesn't even make any sense whatsoever. You're left scratching your head going, "Wait, what?" for like... the last 30 hours of playtime.
Having experienced multiple other storylines, I have to disagree. On the whole, I love the story for the SI. Though, I have to agree with you about the final act. It really was stupid. Everyone was making a big deal about nothing. I won't spoil anything here, even wrapped in tags, but I lost all respect for every character in the story that thought anything important happned in act 3.
"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." Kreia. The wisest teachers of the force to ever live.

Jorander
01.21.2012 , 02:15 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Grondoth View Post
act 2 for the consular is pretty boss. JK is supposed to have a good act 2 as well. And if you wanted to be a privateer the whole time, smuggler act 2 is pretty great.
I was utterly wowed all throughout act one of the JC story, and was utterly blown away by the end of it, and so far I think that particular act is the best one in the whole game. The rest of the story is so terrible by comparison though that the amazing quality of act one is not enough to get it top in my eyes.

Giondi
01.21.2012 , 02:32 AM | #20
Acts 2 and 3 for the Inquisitor are great if you think about them correctly. Assuming you go Dark Side (that's all I've done with it, I don't know how things play out if you make LS decisions, so I can't comment on that), it plays out like the best super villain origin story ever. By the time I hit Belasvus, I was thinking "If I walk into that room and have to fight Deadpool, this is the best thing that has been made in the history of both comic books and video games." I understand you have to have the right sensibility, but...

Spoiler

How is that not worth the entire price of the game?
Quote: Originally Posted by Bedwarmer View Post
Dear Dps; I assure you that you were, in fact, nowhere remotely close to "One heal from soloing it."
Every MMO forum in under 30 seconds.