Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Roleplaying Suggestions

RJMazz
01.20.2012 , 02:37 PM | #21
I'd also like to add that twi'leks can use hoods too. They just wrap their lekkus around their necks and then pull the hood on.

Please think of this when adding the /hood system, BioWare.

Regards,

Me.

dyeager
01.20.2012 , 02:38 PM | #22
Great job op, excellent ideas.

Frigidman
01.20.2012 , 02:38 PM | #23
Support and props coming from me 100%. Well, maybe 99.9% (I'm still on the fence about saber crystal colors... but I love pre-player customization).

I would like to add:

While chatting in spatial, auto-emotes key off what you are typing. Also random (not every time) hand/arm motions when you say something. SWG did this to an extent, and was pretty nice to see/have. Almost took it for granted, because it added so much to personal communications until you realized it was gone.
Hire website designers that actually have had real life experience in the job.
Then let me know so I can return to the forum.

Carheadbutt
01.20.2012 , 02:43 PM | #25
Adding more, keep the suggestions coming!
Sebaya Keto
Guide Coordinator, Columnist
The Old Republic Roleplay
www.swtor-rp.com

Xonell
01.20.2012 , 02:45 PM | #26
Great suggestions. More love for roleplayers, please!
WANTED: THERON SHAN CRIMES: BEING TOO HANDSOME, NOT CALLING ME
If found, please return to SWTOR in next xpac. Thank you.

osuaaron
01.20.2012 , 02:48 PM | #27
Cantina functionality

Watch dancer / singer = receive slowly-building buff.

ompgaming
01.20.2012 , 02:48 PM | #28
I support all this stuff and the OP makes great effort to show easy to do work-a-rounds to satisfy the community while not being a burden to the programmers. A lot of stuff on this list is in-at-ship for most MMOs and a high end MMO like SWTOR should, in my opinion, address these deficiencies, or at least respond to the lack of them.

/support x 10
Dao wana wanga!

HyperEwok
01.20.2012 , 03:05 PM | #29
/signed

I noticed that there's a few select head items that hide your hood, so I would think it wouldn't be that hard to have a hood off option for those robes when there's already models in the game of the robe without the hood. (Then again, what do I know, I'm an English major.)

Also, WTB chat bubbles. It may not seem like a necessity, but after RPing in a crowded cantina, it can be really hard to keep track of the chatspam. Bubbles would help immensely.

Udiya
01.20.2012 , 03:14 PM | #30
Chat Suggestions

Have the title of each tab change color or blink when something is posted to it. If you're in group or having a conversation in guild chat and get a whisper from somebody posted to another tab, it's easy to miss it or never see it.

Many people setup different tabs for different functions--they'll have a guild tab, a whisper tab, a public /say tab. It would be very helpful for each tab to save the last chat function that was used in it.

For example, I am talking in guild so type "/guild Hey guys, how is everyone?" and then I'm also talking to somebody in general so I switch over to my general tab and type "/general Yeah, I can help you with that." Currently, if I go back to my guild tab it's going to default to /general, and I'll have to type /guild again. It would be much more convenient (and prevent soo many MTs) if I hopped over to guild and it had "saved" the /guild to that tab so I could just start typing and it would default to /guild. In the same manner, once I hopped back over to my general tab it "saves" /general. Each tab should save the last chat command. It's a small thing, but saves so much time and headache for people who heavily use the chat interface.

UI Customization

I know this is "on the way," but not sure how it's going to be implemented. Most MMOs allow you to use third party UIs, but I'm not sure if the SWTOR client is setup to use XML or not. However, the stock UI is so HUGE. I have a 24 inch monitor and run at 1920x1080 and it still feels like the UI takes up too much of the screen. I'd love to be able to shrink the ability bars and mini map.
"Have you come here to die like the Jedi before you? This place is a graveyard for your kind. " ~Darth Sion

Come to the darkside; learn to master the slow clap.