Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Roleplaying Suggestions

mecke
01.22.2012 , 05:24 AM | #101
agree with the OP

but decoration and housing like swg would be nice

SawneyRath
01.22.2012 , 06:51 AM | #102
I'd also add in there some sort of tag on your name or nameplate when you click on someone to see if they are OOC or In Character, sort of liek SWG's Roleplay and OOC tags over your head. WOuld help in finding players who are RPing and not just questing or something.
Selique Lasra [Jung Ma RPvP]
Guildmaster of <Esoteric Order/Knights of Atonement>
~Star Wars Galaxies Vet (Scylla/Starsider)~

Eszi
01.22.2012 , 07:51 AM | #103
Can we pls sit on chairs in cantinas?

Janven
01.22.2012 , 08:02 AM | #104
I know I feel really weird for bringing this up since another mmo is already doing it, but what about a fully customizable origin and back story for the player character.

Aenoria
01.22.2012 , 08:25 AM | #105
I would like to add to the suggestions a way to write a history for a character.
Like MRP for WoW does, it doesnt have to be enabled on normal Realms and a simple choise on RP realms. But it would be nice to have such a feature where we can write the history / appearance of our character.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/my-role-play

That would give you an idea what it is about. It isnt mandatory ofcourse, but a nice little feature so people can see some information about your character. Could also be nice to be tied into the legacy system.

Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning

Izorii
01.22.2012 , 09:19 AM | #106
I would love to see all the options in the Original Post but the two major ones for me.

Chat Bubbles - Any sort of RP needs them, reading up the chat window and scrolling up because of all the other info is no fun, I have to look at the top left corner which takes my eye off the game and its just difficult.

Character Customization. Until I can create a character I want to play and roleplay, I am just going to do the story. ((The Story is actually a bit annoying because I might want to play a simple Sth Interegator or a low life Sith Warrior who is not on the Dark Council, or the emporers hand, or controlling the most powerful fleet in the galaxy. I would have liked to have got a bit more choice on what my character did and what happened to him but thats another argument)). I would love to play through as my Ke;'Dor Sith Inquisitor or a Gran smuggler and not be generic human number 4. Currently the single person Story is considered more important than MMO or RP and until that changes the RP comunity will struggle.

Carheadbutt
01.22.2012 , 10:40 AM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by Aenoria View Post
I would like to add to the suggestions a way to write a history for a character.
Like MRP for WoW does, it doesnt have to be enabled on normal Realms and a simple choise on RP realms. But it would be nice to have such a feature where we can write the history / appearance of our character.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/my-role-play

That would give you an idea what it is about. It isnt mandatory ofcourse, but a nice little feature so people can see some information about your character. Could also be nice to be tied into the legacy system.
I don't think BioWare will add something like that, but with the coming UI customizations hopefully they'll add in UI modability which will let us make something similar
Sebaya Keto
Guide Coordinator, Columnist
The Old Republic Roleplay
www.swtor-rp.com

sylantEyes
01.22.2012 , 11:48 AM | #108
I second that on a place to put a character biography. In City of Heroes, there was just a simple field when you were viewing a character where you could see the description they wrote for themselves.

In Aion, they used a "note" field. It wasn't very long but you could at least say something quick about yourself that would show to anyone who scrolled over you.

Anything that would help us tag ourselves as roleplayers and hopefully some kind of description would be wonderful!
Tenebrous Cabal is Recruiting! http://tcabal.enjin.com/

DarthRussell
01.22.2012 , 12:04 PM | #109
Yep, that pretty much covers it. I agree.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.

Frigidman
01.22.2012 , 12:20 PM | #110
I miss the character Biography window I had in Lord of the Rings Online, and Star Wars Galaxies. Would be a nice thing to add, and honestly all it is, is a text box that people can /inspect to read (a tab on the bottom of that window to click too to read).

Such a biography option would not hurt the story in any way that bioware has set forth for each class.

Hire website designers that actually have had real life experience in the job.
Then let me know so I can return to the forum.