Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Allow Master Looter options in Normals

Olarid
01.20.2012 , 12:39 PM | #1
I can not stress this enough. I am sick and tired of gearing companions because I can not assign loot to people that need it.

Hardmodes are fine, works the way it should. But we are back to doing two 6 or 7 man normals to isolate the people that need gear in order for us to do 16 man hard. We'd much rather be spending our time progressing but we have half a guild that's geared and capable of HM and NM and the other half that can't do HMs.

If it wasn't for half the one shot abilities requiring hps to survive I would just carry them, but unfortunately they need a few pieces of gear to get the hps to survive things. Give guilds the damn option to hand out our own loot, let the pugs worry about who gets 8 pairs of legs.

Not to mention, this is going to become even worse now that 8 and 16 share a lockout. Fix this crap pretty please

Atrox
01.20.2012 , 12:51 PM | #2
The current loot rules in Normal modes are just absurd. Perhaps if they had even the slightest bit of intelligence backing them up, they'd be more acceptable--but yet again it seems it's 100% RNG.

My Guild has just recently started running Operations in this game, and we've managed a few clears so far. Unfortunately, it's practically done nothing to help our core Ops group get geared up at all. DPS are getting tank gear, Tanks are getting DPS gear. Some people are getting no gear at all; others are getting multiple copies of gear. One guy in our Ops pretty much gets gear from every single boss that we down while we have others who have only gotten one or two drops... that they can't even use for their respective roles.

It.
Doesn't.
Work.

Get it through your heads, BW. You screwed up. Just give us Master looter and a /roll function. Stop thinking you are smarter than your players, and just let us handle things as we see fit; because you are obviously having trouble (read: abysmal failure) in a lot of areas. The more you FORCE, the less FREEDOM you give to your players, the more players you will piss off and drive away.

Better still, let bosses drop universally applicable resources required for CRAFTING Ops-quality gear.
Raijin - SI Assassin
Delacroix - IA Operative
Evil inside.

SgtSplacker
01.20.2012 , 12:52 PM | #3
I think the need/greed system is just fine. This is going to allow people to abuse other players by taking their loot.
Trap tiem...
SWTOR: Prophecy of 5 [Bombarella]
SWG: Valcyn [Narm, Brahm, Battlestar]

Sazabius
01.25.2012 , 03:21 AM | #4
Pretty much everything Atrox said...

The system as is not as smart as you think it is...