Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Can you corrupt Vette?

Horridioes's Avatar


Horridioes
01.20.2012 , 11:41 AM | #1
Are the rumours true that you can corrupt the companion Vette? Or should I just take the collar off?

Also does it matter if I skip some of the shock options and miss 50 evil points (I'm going pure evil) or do you get enough points eventually if you take 95% of all the evil options? I know going evil with vette is going to be hard but it will work out.

GnatB's Avatar


GnatB
01.20.2012 , 12:09 PM | #2
At least on the Repub side there are an unlimited number of light/dark points. You can repeat flashpoints to your hearts content, and Heroic's once a day, and there are some of both that give light/dark points. I'd assume the same would be true on the imp side.

Horridioes's Avatar


Horridioes
01.20.2012 , 12:10 PM | #3
Thanks that helps alot.

Lasarith's Avatar


Lasarith
01.20.2012 , 12:15 PM | #4
If you are 10 levels above the first run Flashpoint (level 22>>>)

you can run it in about 15-30 minutes,

Republic 250 lighside points, per run, esseles,
Empire 200 darkside points, per run, -black talon,

(unless you are going dark jedi / light sith ect, (not sure what the points are)
10 Years and over 20 Mmo's and i still miss the first

Varturius's Avatar


Varturius
01.20.2012 , 12:20 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Lasarith View Post
If you are 10 levels above the first run Flashpoint (level 22>>>)

you can run it in about 15-30 minutes,

Republic 250 lighside points, per run, esseles,
Empire 200 darkside points, per run, -black talon,

(unless you are going dark jedi / light sith ect, (not sure what the points are)

Black Talon is 200 possible points, for light or dark (or 100 for each). Once your level 20+ it takes longer to go through the conversations than it does to kill the place.

In addition if you answer eveything properly for a given companion, you can gain a maximum of 455 affection. Look up the specific companion on torhead and in the comments people are listing what to answer where for affection gains on alot of them.

Edit: However to answer the original question, afaik vette cannot be turned to the dark side. To get her to 10k affection and be pure evil will come down to alot of black talon runs as described, and/or alot of companion gifts.
<This Space for Rent>

Horridioes's Avatar


Horridioes
01.20.2012 , 12:23 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Varturius View Post
Black Talon is 200 possible points, for light or dark (or 100 for each). Once your level 20+ it takes longer to go through the conversations than it does to kill the place.

In addition if you answer eveything properly for a given companion, you can gain a maximum of 455 affection. Look up the specific companion on torhead and in the comments people are listing what to answer where for affection gains on alot of them.

However to answer the original question, afaik vette cannot be turned to the dark side.
That's what I wanted to hear, thanks. I'll just take off the collar then, it's cowardly.

evileeyore's Avatar


evileeyore
01.20.2012 , 12:42 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Varturius View Post
In addition if you answer eveything properly for a given companion, you can gain a maximum of 455 affection. Look up the specific companion on torhead and in the comments people are listing what to answer where for affection gains on alot of them..
False.

From my own experience only the first Companion has any gains or loses during Black Talon.

This comes from making the run with Adronikus and doing every single conversation option and never once gaining or losing.

At some point I'll experiment with Talos and Xalek, just to make sure.

NimTheRat's Avatar


NimTheRat
01.20.2012 , 12:59 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by evileeyore View Post
False.

From my own experience only the first Companion has any gains or loses during Black Talon.

This comes from making the run with Adronikus and doing every single conversation option and never once gaining or losing.

At some point I'll experiment with Talos and Xalek, just to make sure.
I've noticed in general that there are often no affection bonuses in conversations that take place before the designers expected you to have that companion. If you focus on the class missions to pick up a companion and then go back to complete the earlier missions you skipped, you're not going to see companion reactions for them. That may be what's happening here.