Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Buffz

jokeshop
12.14.2011 , 03:21 PM | #1
Hi all.

I am wondering, and hope to get some advice from those with experience, which class in SWTOR provides the best/most buffs?

I played around a little on beta but I'm not well versed enough to answer this question so I'm seeking some advice.

You see I played a Captain on LOTRO and loved it. I would say that set up is my ideal class, but mainly I'm looking for another buffer. I understand there aren't really any straight buffers in the game but am looking for the class with the best buffs.

Please feel free to comment

Regards.

IJustWantAName
12.14.2011 , 03:25 PM | #2
One of the great things about SWTOR is that each class provides a very useful buff. The value of each depends on what class you're playing, but they're all pretty sweet!

jokeshop
12.14.2011 , 03:27 PM | #3
Yep I'm aware of the hour-long class buffs but is there a SINGLE class that excels in buffing?

Zalidane
12.14.2011 , 03:35 PM | #4
Aside from damage shields, I can't thing of any other player buffs. Several classes have self buffs that affect critical chance and stuff like that.
Vedryn - Commando (Corellian Run)

Vedalpac, Wookiee Weaponsmith / Elder Jedi
Former citizen of the Tempest Galaxy

jokeshop
12.14.2011 , 03:36 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Zalidane View Post
Aside from damage shields, I can't thing of any other player buffs. Several classes have self buffs that affect critical chance and stuff like that.
Okay thanks, had feared as much. that's interesting... And disappointing. Maybe a class for future expansions hey?

Thanks.

Batcheck
12.16.2011 , 02:26 PM | #6
As far as I know, JK and Sith Warrior provide a buff like Inspiration (JK Republic) that gives the entire group a 15% damage and healing buff.

Leiloni
12.16.2011 , 03:07 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Zalidane View Post
Most classes have one buff they can give to other players (the hour long stat buffs of different kinds). So if you have a nice mix of classes in a group you'll get lots of nice buffs. The Jedi Sentinel's also have a Centering buff, in addition to their hour long buff, that gives a different buff to the group depending on what spec you choose.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1753652#edit1753270