Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Error code 1003

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Duuurrrp
12.14.2011 , 03:20 PM | #1
To begin with I was unable to connect to any server and got error code 1003. Early this morning I was able to connect. Later today I got kicked off and now it's back to error code 1003. It can't be a problem at my end because it was working before, I want to know why I can only access the servers during a small window in the day.

Duuurrrp
12.14.2011 , 03:21 PM | #2
It seems at times I can access any server. And other times I just get error code 1003 and can't play at all.

Syrch
12.14.2011 , 03:24 PM | #3
Did a google search on the issue and found a cached copy of a SWTOR beta post about this error. They suggested turning off Peerblock if you're running it, others said that it is a firewall issue. Try disabling your firewall and see if it solves the problem?

Duuurrrp
12.14.2011 , 03:25 PM | #4
I've disabled firewall and all that already. It worked earlier so I don't understand why it doesn't work now. Thanks for the reply btw

Syrch
12.14.2011 , 03:28 PM | #5
So from what I can tell, there were a lot of people having this issue in beta. Given how few resources they have right now, I wouldn't expect a response too quickly.

In the mean time, try some self-help and go through the google cache. Just search "SWTOR Error 1003" and expand the page to the right in order to get the "cached" copy. It's might not be of much help, but those old posts (and there are quite a few) may lead to a resolution.

Sorry I can't be of more help!

Edit:

Oh! Just a thought, why it would work at X time but not later..Could be your ISP and the routes they use to connect to the validation server that is causing the problem. If that's the issue, there usually isn't a way around it. I don't suppose you've got a phone and a wireless card to tether to? Could be an alternate internet connection just to test this theory, and would eliminate your computer as the culprit. I would also try resetting your router just as a shot in the dark.

Duuurrrp
12.14.2011 , 03:31 PM | #6
Hmm yeah I can't find anyone with the same issue on the forums here. I'll give it a try, thank you for your help

D6-R8
12.14.2011 , 03:45 PM | #7 This is the last staff post in this thread.  

Hi all,

This issue is being extensively discussed on this thread. We’re currently researching this problem, and we’ll update you as soon as possible.

D6-R8 | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Duuurrrp
12.14.2011 , 03:52 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by D6-R8 View Post

Hi all,

This issue is being extensively discussed on this thread. We’re currently researching this problem, and we’ll update you as soon as possible.

Thank you, I'm unsure if it is an issue at my end or swtor servers.

Duuurrrp
12.14.2011 , 03:58 PM | #9
The thing is on that other thread people are complaining about being unable to connect at all. Whereas I could connect and have been on before but now have been kicked off and can't connect to any servers. The difference being they have that issue constantly, but I am confused why it has suddenly come back for me, like there are only certain times of the day that I'd be able to connect.

I hear this was an issue with the beta also.

deVersipellis
12.17.2011 , 01:59 AM | #10
I'm having the same error. I get all the way to the list of servers, click on one and get the error message.
The Force shall set you free.