Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

DPS Meters- A Elitist Guild Leader's Compromise

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
DPS Meters- A Elitist Guild Leader's Compromise

Gaun
01.20.2012 , 05:53 PM | #41
As a maintank and part operation leader, I have yet to come to the point where I feel like I need a training dummy or dps metres, I know just from the feel and doing hm's with my raid members who dish out the most dps etc.. It's common sense really, and it's just about communicating with your operation members and knowing them, reminding them to use their skills etc, asking what spec they have, whatever it is.

I am not against a training dummy or a combat log or a dps meter, but there has been enough threads about this already and believe bioware already officially announced that they are gonna do something about it?

I will say that I am confident that I will clear all these operations without having to use these measuring tools as you so profoundly think is a necessity..

Baliso
01.20.2012 , 06:03 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Gaun View Post
As a maintank and part operation leader, I have yet to come to the point where I feel like I need a training dummy or dps metres, I know just from the feel and doing hm's with my raid members who dish out the most dps etc.. It's common sense really, and it's just about communicating with your operation members and knowing them, reminding them to use their skills etc, asking what spec they have, whatever it is.

I am not against a training dummy or a combat log or a dps meter, but there has been enough threads about this already and believe bioware already officially announced that they are gonna do something about it?

I will say that I am confident that I will clear all these operations without having to use these measuring tools as you so profoundly think is a necessity..
It is more a want than a need. I believe it will become needed for sure if they make nightmare modes as hard as they truly should be. However, I can say for sure, given the extreme ease of normal mode ie. faceroll my way through the instance if i wanted to, theres no need for meters. Meters are important to me because I strive in games to constantly improve myself and in order to do that I need to ensure I am always maximizing my dps while mitigating raid damaging tactics and surviving. That being said I like to 'test' specs and rotations and see how much changes from patch notes impact my class /rotation etc. It is simple something I really enjoy, and I know a lot of others (not just hardcore players) do as well.

Arrys
01.20.2012 , 06:26 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Baliso View Post
I agree, and as an elitist gamer as well as a market strategist I can understand both sides of the coin on the issue of addons and meters. I for one, am not asking for addons, I am not a avid fan of addons as they open the game to increased botting, mindless gameplay etc; however, at this point I am looking for bioware to make some kind of statement highlighting where this issue is going (not a "were looking into it") and come to some form of compromise. [See original post] .
maybe people missed this by george. The we agree with those requests and working on "various" ways etc.... Seems pretty specific.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...43#edit1435443

"Finally, I'd like to acknowledge, again, that we do understand that there is a desire for players to get more detailed information what happens to their character in combat. We agree with those requests and are working on various ways to, optionally, get more detailed data on your combat performance.

Thanks for your feedback!

-- Georg

Georg "Observer" Zoeller
Principal Lead Combat Designer "

post was a jan 10 date.

felamoth
01.21.2012 , 12:19 AM | #44
As a casual gamer I would LOVE to have a dps/threat meter. I still want to become a good player of my class when I do get the chance to run higher content. I can't see why anyone would not want to. I understand the comparison issue that has been brought up but if anyone makes fun of you online about how badly you push buttons then just /ignore them.

This casual gamer thinks it is a great idea and welcomes it.
Who you calling "scruffy looking"?