Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why dont more folks use Bowdaar?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Why dont more folks use Bowdaar?

Leilei
01.20.2012 , 09:51 PM | #21
I dont use Bowdaar because he refuses to brush his teeth. So I just send him to salvage 24/7 and he just sleeps in whatever hotel he wants.

Avianpixie
01.20.2012 , 10:01 PM | #22
I have Bowdaar kitted out in oranges ( Which i farmed from lowbie instances and upgraded with mods. <3 Cybertech. ) with no implants and a rare earpiece.

All fully up to date, level 50 Smuggler, level 50 Bowdaar with max level mods, rare/epic mods at that. All set to face the world.

What's that Bowdaar?
You died again?

I do love Bowdaar, and i'd love to take him everywhere with me, unfortunately even if he's the best geared companion i have at the moment. ( Haven't upgraded Akaavi's mods though i'm working on it now. ) He simple isn't a good companion :/

It makes me sad :<
I healed, therefore i was...
...No, not a bucket of turkey. A healer.

Laurelinde
01.21.2012 , 06:39 AM | #23
I am a scoundrel and frequently quest with a Jedi Shadow dps and Tharan, so I am really after a tank for my companion. I tried Bowdaar (because what could be more iconic than a smuggler with a Wookiee?) but found that I had to turn all of his aoe abilities off because he would be knocking mobs off of ledges and/or into other groups and ending up aggroing way too many people for us to handle. Plus, having had Corso so much longer I had already geared him up better in terms of high-endurance and defence gear. I also found that Corso 'stays put' more which makes the fights a bit easier to manage.

I do want to try gearing him up as a tank and using him again when he's a bit sturdier but right now, Corso is just more useful to me, playstyle-wise.
Utini!

Tafo-Sim
01.21.2012 , 09:58 AM | #24
I still use Bowdaar at lvl 35. I like keeping the aggro far away when possible.

Also, I'm still avoiding Corso since I insulted him and stole Torchy

zoofar
01.21.2012 , 11:10 AM | #25
As a sawbone i switched to Risha. Things got quicker with Risha evn though she hates me. also Bowdar never could squeeze into the slavegirl outfit.
Peace

TollShaddar
01.21.2012 , 03:19 PM | #26
Bowdar gets a bad rep though. Meaning he is not your best companion but he ain't all that bad either. I admit that I was one that got in here and started reading all the bad things about Bowdar and I did not even bother with him. Finally I decided to gear him up and give it a shot. I like him a lot now. At least for me he seems to survive a lot more then Corso did. And he is doing more dmg...

I really think if you spend as much effort gearing you companion as you do yourself, you will find that they are all very usefull. Yes, some are better then others. Yes, some need a little more attention, but none of them are useless as some will try to make you believe.

Caballera
01.21.2012 , 04:58 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Avianpixie View Post
I have Bowdaar kitted out in oranges ( Which i farmed from lowbie instances and upgraded with mods. <3 Cybertech. ) with no implants and a rare earpiece.

All fully up to date, level 50 Smuggler, level 50 Bowdaar with max level mods, rare/epic mods at that. All set to face the world.

What's that Bowdaar?
You died again?

I do love Bowdaar, and i'd love to take him everywhere with me, unfortunately even if he's the best geared companion i have at the moment. ( Haven't upgraded Akaavi's mods though i'm working on it now. ) He simple isn't a good companion :/

It makes me sad :<

that sucks, doesn't give me much hope in the future. I'm only lvl 40 now on my smuggler (GS) but so far he's doing pretty good as far as staying alive and tanking for me.

Tinarius
01.25.2012 , 02:47 PM | #28
I've been using Bowdaar exclusively since I got him. I haven't even pulled out Akaavi to see how she is. He just feels right for my character and I really enjoy the company of a Wookie.

Unfortunately, I just got Guss, and Guss is awesome. For PvP and PvE he's the all-round better choice. But I love my Wookie and I refuse to give him up, so I have to fight extra-hard just to be able to keep him around.

It annoys me that I'm almost being forced to drop my favourite companion for Guss.

hadoken
01.25.2012 , 02:54 PM | #29
The thing I like most about Bowdaar is the golf swing uppercut knockback on normals. Always cracks me up. They need to make that move work on elites too.

Darth-Doodle
01.25.2012 , 03:20 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by hadoken View Post
The thing I like most about Bowdaar is the golf swing uppercut knockback on normals. Always cracks me up. They need to make that move work on elites too.
Whats better is when you deliver a crotch kick just before he punts them, it's comedic gold.

... Whats that Mr. Mob, decided to come smack the defenseless smuggler with your glowy stick? SMACK take a groin shot before PUNT Bowdaar baseball bats you out of the park
The cake is a lie. There is only Pie. Through Pie I gain strength. The strength to add whipped cream. With whipped cream I gain flavor. With flavor I gain comfort. With comfort my chains are...dammit, I need more pie!