Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why dont more folks use Bowdaar?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Why dont more folks use Bowdaar?

Caballera
01.20.2012 , 12:49 PM | #11
I use Bowdaar, I got him almost all Customizable Orange gear and keep them upgraded as a Cybertech. Only times he dies is if I mess up <.< and don't kill the elite fast enough. Hate how some fights start and I'm right on top of the 'bad guy'. It's also a plus that he doesn't talk as much as Riggs. Although Riggs works well on my Scoundrel Smuggler, my main is a Gunslinger Smuggler and Bowdaar just works better for me on that toon. Also, you have to remember to get them Defense gear if they are tanking for you.

Eldyraen
01.20.2012 , 12:55 PM | #12
Used Bowdaar almost exclusively since getting him as a gunslinger. I'm now a 46 or 47 Sharpshooter and can burn down most elites before he dies (or right when/after) if I manage his defense boost and my other skills accordingly without breaking a sweat. I leveled up as a Sab and he was a better tank as clustered mobs better than Corso for AoE as well.

Been using Guss some lately because sent Bow on a big mission on accident and Gus can get job done but I can actually burn elites faster while Wookie keeps agro whole time. Haven't used FPs much at all as haven't needed them. Plus Wookie makes for some fun times in Story quest cut scenes (Port Nowhere later on made me crack up).

SupremeAdmiral
01.20.2012 , 12:58 PM | #13
I am pretty sure that Bowdaar is better for gunslingers than scoundrels. I just got him and I don't find him nearly as useful as Corso, but I insist on using him anyway out of principal.

Wubacca
01.20.2012 , 01:09 PM | #14
I used Bowdaar when I was Sawbones, but switched to Guss when I went Scrapper

Gabriah
01.20.2012 , 01:26 PM | #15
Haven't leveled my smuggler up enough to get Bowdarr, but I can't imagine using him, as I find the Wookie "language" to be the most annoying sound in the Star Wars universe (worse than JarJarBinks). They always sound like they are complaining, but too lazy to use words... Barfy (from Space Balls) was an upgrade to the original.

curzen
01.20.2012 , 01:36 PM | #16
there is that texture glitch on his hand that drives me mad. his face looks like a pug with down syndrome. all the neat gear I throw at him doesn't display.

SoulTermination
01.20.2012 , 02:35 PM | #17
I tried Bowdaar for a bit when I first got him. Took him to the Fleet, kitted him out in the best gear I could buy for him, and he still went down faster than I did. At that point I decided he was my ship's cook and he's not leaving the galley unless I send him on missions.

Also, I agree with the person who hates the Wookiee language. He always sounds irked with me, no matter what the text says he's telling me.
Member of Fusion/Fusion. "What is it to transcend?" | "To recognize nothing is true and everything is permitted. That laws arise not from divinity, but reason. I understand now that our creed does not command us to be free. It commands us to be wise."

comeonucrazyguy
01.20.2012 , 03:31 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Gabriah View Post
Haven't leveled my smuggler up enough to get Bowdarr, but I can't imagine using him, as I find the Wookie "language" to be the most annoying sound in the Star Wars universe (worse than JarJarBinks). They always sound like they are complaining, but too lazy to use words... Barfy (from Space Balls) was an upgrade to the original.
Don't like Wookies? BARFY??? Go away clown

torhent
01.20.2012 , 03:35 PM | #19
Bowadarr uses a knockback as a taunt that will throw his target into other mobs, potentially drawing them in. Meanwhile, Corso Riggs uses Harpoon which is great for pulling in mobs after using a CC. Bowadarr is pure suck.
Emmobiggiesmalls,
Scundrel Extraordinaire

Jcdew
01.20.2012 , 09:03 PM | #20
Seems he works good for some and others not so good.

I had mine fully decked in max orange gear yet Corso in gear much lower did better.

I know it may hard to belive but some pets might be bugged. =P