Instead of lfg system

I see everywhere people wanting lfg system in Swtor. The system works fine but it also as so many have said creates a feeling of a dead world since peopel won't show up in chat as often.

How about just implementing a server wide lfg chat? This way you can go do your daylies or whatever you want and not havign to stand on the republic fleet shouting.

It worked wonders in rift so can't see why we can't do it for this game aswell. I do realise though that it might be harder to implement in this game due to planets being different zones but shouldn't be impossible.

I see everywhere people wanting lfg system in Swtor. The system works fine but it also as so many have said creates a feeling of a dead world since peopel won't show up in chat as often.

How about just implementing a server wide lfg chat? This way you can go do your daylies or whatever you want and not havign to stand on the republic fleet shouting.

It worked wonders in rift so can't see why we can't do it for this game aswell. I do realise though that it might be harder to implement in this game due to planets being different zones but shouldn't be impossible.

Any CHAT SPAMMING system is bad.

SPAMMING is bad, SPAMMING (the name says it itself) is annoying and should not be encouraged.

I dont want even more channels, filling the game with chat channels is bad and ends up with us actually disabling those channels so that our chat window doesn't gets flooded.

We need a LFG system OUTSIDE of chat channels. Chat channels are to chat, not to form groups.

Edited by GengisKahn

Nah man who cares if someone sends out a messege lfg for "athiss" once every minute? I know I don't care and i can always have a special window for lfg so I don't have to see it when I don't care. A lfg system will just ruin the community like it did with wow. Now you don't have to say a thing to a single person to do basically anything in that game except for high end raiding. It has realyl ruined what used to be a fun and nice community(if somewhat immature) before server mixed battlerounds and heroics and now raids. Edited by Xzenthal

Nah man who cares if someone sends out a messege lfg for "athiss" once every minute? I know I don't care and i can always have a special window for lfg so I don't have to see it when I don't care. A lfg system will just ruin the community like it did with wow. Now you don't have to say a thing to a single person to do basically anything in that game except for high end raiding. It has realyl ruined what used to be a fun and nice community(if somewhat immature) before server mixed battlerounds and heroics and now raids.

I'm looking forward to play a massive game.

With guild chat, group chat, general chat, trade chat, and with a channel that joins every single message from any person LFG in the entire server then message will flow at a high speed, too fast.

That's when we start disabling channels.

If the server has one message of LFM per minute in the whole server, then that server is dead and i dont want that.

LFG didnt ruin anything in WoW. Saying LFG Athis doesnt enforce community, dont be follish.

PUG groups in TBC were way worse than LFG groups after LFG. PUGs group in TBC were full of uinmature ninja idiots that all what they did was try to made clear how awesome they were to the rest of the group to feel a little better with themselves.

Take off your rose tinted glasses. Dont remember you friend groups in TBC, try to remeber how PUGs group were. You can always queue with friends in LFG if you want that.

SPAMMING is the worse system imaginable to form groups, SPAMMING is bad, as the name itself says.

Edited by GengisKahn

I remember the pug groups in beta,vanilla tbc, icecrown and I know how they are now in WoW. Pug people might not always have had the skill or gear but you coudl actually check them before you went there. Not everything was given to you for free but you would actually "shock horror" do something yourself. Also if pugs felt worse in tbc for you it was probably because instances were actually much much harder back then. But one thing was clear you knew or knew about people alot more back in vanilla and tbc than you do now. The world actually felt semi alive and it doesn't anymore and it's really boring.

And why is it so horrible to have to keep one chat channel you personally don't like on a seperate bar?

Edited by Xzenthal

Some things are solved problems. Other MMOs figured out perfect solutions, and its worth looking up to them. There's more to the MMO world than 2-3 major MMOs, and if you look further and take the best of all of the more obscure ones, you can end with a masterpiece.

In this case, you want the DDO party matching system, on top of a channel for grouping (though no one uses trade chat right now and it exists, so that probably is pointless. The DDO party matching system is the most important part).

I remember the pug groups in beta,vanilla tbc, icecrown and I know how they are now in WoW. Pug people might not always have had the skill or gear but you coudl actually check them before you went there. Not everything was given to you for free but you would actually "shock horror" do something yourself. Also if pugs felt worse in tbc for you it was probably because instances were actually much much harder back then. But one thing was clear you knew or knew about people alot more back in vanilla and tbc than you do now. The world actually felt semi alive and it doesn't anymore and it's really boring.

And why is it so horrible to have to keep one chat channel you personally don't like on a seperate bar?

You didnt understand.

PUGs felt worse not because of difficulty, but for the attitude of the people. And i never said anything about skill or gear, so i dont know why you said you could go and chek anything, or what does that has to do with anything i said.

its was the attitude of PUGs back then that was way worse than what it is today.

Today you may face the "go go go" idiots or something like that, but back then you actually had to deal with entitled idiots that thought they were the greatest players of the world and had a bad attitude.

Oh and you might said, dont group with them, but if you kicked them from the group, you had to get out of the instance again, spend half an hour finding a replacement and then go in again, and that's if in that half an hour another member doesnt leave the group just because they got tired of waiting.

At least with LFG replacing the "go go go" pulling idiots is easy.

And no, i dont considerr spammming LFG/LFM in a chat is "doing domething", "shock horror" i want to actually play a game instead of spamming a chat channel with the same message for an hour to get a group.

OK here's what I want to do:

- indicate I'd like to play a particular Flashpoint.

- play the game and forget about flashpoint-related admin until I get a message saying my group is ready.

Here's what I don't want to do:

- stand around Imp Fleet for an hour spamming

- do /who for my level and send off fifty whispers

- maintain a Friends list of tanks and healers. My friends list is for, duh, friends.

Here are the arguments that don't persuade me:

- chat spam improves community. It hasn't at all for me, apart from people in my guild I can't even name another player on my server off the top of my head. I've done a lot of flashpoints but it's mostly low level and it's mostly people's alts. Even if I friended them I wouldn't get to play with them tomorrow as they'd probably be on a different character. In a game where everyone is supposed to alt, Friends lists don't work.

- LFD systems encourage worse behaviour. Now historically this might have been true but it isn't true now. Modern players pressurise you to speed up, whine about your gear, occasionally ninja and sometimes bail halfway. This happens all the time with the current system. WoW inherited players trained by EQ's forced grouping system to not be jerks. SWTOR is inheriting people trained by WoW and IT WONT CHANGE THEIR BEHAVIOUR in a month. It's just designers trying to play social engineer with the player base. It's egotistical and it won't work. Few of us care enough about this game to fundamentally change the way we interact with others online. We'll just go.

- "I get on fine without a LFD system". Great. I'm happy for you. I hope you continue to have fun without a LFD system when the rest of us are gone.

- "You can flag yourself as LFG". I do this and I have never got a whisper asking me to join a group in a month of playing.

Edited by Brista

You always had the option to just ignore the bad people in the future. This is why it was so good that you got to know alot more people that you either liked or dissliked.

Now wit hthis lfg tool anyone can join ninja loot or act liek **** because he/she knows it won't have any effect for that person after the group. If someoen did that before they would get banned from groups since rumour did spread.

If they implemented a lfg chat in swtor me personally would just go and do some quests or go explore while I asked in chat for a group.

But I can see we will never agree on this so better leave this discussion and see what others might think.

Brista you have a few points but I still claim a chat with people askign to joina group builds a more live world than havign people click a button join some random group without having to talk to anyone.

Edited by Xzenthal