Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Quesh, im too low, 3rd time...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Quesh, im too low, 3rd time...

nezroy
01.20.2012 , 03:34 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Necroclysm View Post
Even if you did only the normal quests, but you did ALL of them(not counting bonus series) you will be roughly even level with your class quests for almost every planet in this game...

You have to seriously skip content and actively avoid mobs to even manage to underlevel yourself.
This has been my experience as well. Doing ONLY normal/solo story, class, and side-quest content on a planet (so NOT including heroics or any group content, the bonus series, flashpoints, daily space combats, or PvP) will keep you right at appropriate level range. Doing ANY of that additional content quickly puts you ahead of the leveling curve.

I cannot fathom how someone can end up behind the leveling curve unless they are literally doing nothing but their class quests and skipping all other content.

If you are 3 levels below where you should be for Quesh... are you accidentally skipping the 32-36 planet (Taris for Empire, Balmorra for Republic)?

Outkast
01.20.2012 , 03:36 PM | #32
I have the opposite problem just got on hoth and im 41 and got to quesh I was 39 or 40 I've only did a handful of heroics and skip alot more than I would like just to not be over leveled I do the bonus objectives of all the quests but skipped Balmora bonus series since I don't want to be OP in my storyline and pwn npcs 5 lvls below me.. Did warzone a bit got 15 valor and im not even updated on flashpoints.. I really don't know why I seem to be way ahead of my story and others seem to do everything and be behind.

Cyrana
01.20.2012 , 03:38 PM | #33
My first character and I just got to Quesh at level 39 and a half. I've done a few flashpoints and probably half the heroics out there but skipped all non-class quests on planets like Tatooine and Balmora. I do a space or pvp daily a few times a week.

Svelok
01.20.2012 , 03:38 PM | #34
I'm too high.

Dirtybomb
01.20.2012 , 03:41 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Inixus View Post
You need to do like 95% of the quests on each planet inc bonus series, do flash points, pvp warzones and space combat missions or you will fall behind sadly.
I did no flashpoints, no pvp, space combat for about an hour one day when I was bored, and never fell behind. All I did was quest. But when I quest, I don't find ways to tiptoe around mobs (like so many people do). I go thru them on the way to and back from a quest objective. Nice source of add'l xp.

Oh, and always logged out in a rested area. What little rested xp I had im sure helped.

vekkth
01.20.2012 , 03:42 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Inixus View Post
You need to do like 95% of the quests on each planet inc bonus series, do flash points, pvp warzones and space combat missions or you will fall behind sadly.
no offense, this is a complete bullcrap. i am lvl 42 halfway to 43 on Hoth and almost finished it, already 3 levels above the planet (most mobs are lvl 39). never did bonus series on any planet, skipped 2 planets doing only class quest, did only half of Tatooine, havent grind space missions - occasionally dailies only, skipped some flash points, other did only once. Did plenty of PvP, true, but still, i think if one really does everything you say he will find himself way above leveling curve, and by way above i mean gray planets one by one.

this game offers most comfortable leveling i ever witnessed in an mmo yet.
it has flaws, but leveling is not the one. in fact, it is one of the strongest and well done part of the game.

gumnutza
01.20.2012 , 03:43 PM | #37
Agree with most of the people in this thread who are telling OP "You are doing it wrong".

EzoEo
01.20.2012 , 03:46 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by tormentuk View Post
Look this is going to be my 3rd charator! The only gap i have issues with is going to quesh.. Every other planet, you can keep in range just by doing the odd warfront and space missions.

I don't do flash points, they take too long to get going, don't give anything in return at all.
Leveling is just too fast, to fanny around with instances and heroics.
I didn't do any space missions or PvP and got to Quesh at level 38ish on both characters so you must be missing something out.

I try do every bonus quest I can for the XP and all the heroics and have never under level for any planet.

UjellyTrollicus
01.20.2012 , 03:46 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by tormentuk View Post
This is the 3rd character i have ended up on Quesh, 4-5 lvls lower than the things i am fighting..... The last planet i was only 1 lvl lower than the mobs..

*** have i missed? i followed my story picking up all the little sides quests...
if you are 5 entire levels too low then you must be doing something very wrong. even with no bonus series/pvp/flashpoints you would be at most only 2 levels behind.

DarthTrekker
01.21.2012 , 04:04 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by nezroy View Post
This has been my experience as well. Doing ONLY normal/solo story, class, and side-quest content on a planet (so NOT including heroics or any group content, the bonus series, flashpoints, daily space combats, or PvP) will keep you right at appropriate level range. Doing ANY of that additional content quickly puts you ahead of the leveling curve.

I cannot fathom how someone can end up behind the leveling curve unless they are literally doing nothing but their class quests and skipping all other content.

If you are 3 levels below where you should be for Quesh... are you accidentally skipping the 32-36 planet (Taris for Empire, Balmorra for Republic)?
The attitudes here are a bit to harsh to elaborate.