Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Double-bladed lightsabers?

Redwish
01.20.2012 , 05:08 AM | #1
Is it possible in the lore of star wars to have a double-ended lightsaber but with two colours? I didn't seem to think so but my friend seems obsessed that it's in the "Engeneering" of the lightsaber, saying how it is two combined into one. I had never heard of a double-ended one being able to split and become two different ones, so I dismissed the idea.

If anyone knows the lore about that I would appreciate confirmation ;D
╪╣!!!║╪╪{}╪╪(██████████████████████████████████████████)

hrafnalfarr
01.20.2012 , 05:25 AM | #2
Depends.

Some DB Lightsabers were actually two separate ones welded together. In that case, then yes. Others ('authentic' DB lighsabers from the original holocron) contain a single crystal - in which case no.

At least thats how I remember it. Could be wrong.

SammyRath
01.20.2012 , 06:45 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Redwish View Post
Is it possible in the lore of star wars to have a double-ended lightsaber but with two colours?
Yes it is.

The majority of double-bladed lightsabers are designed as 2 separate lightsabers welded together at the ends. All one needed to do Is have different colored crystals for each end.

It's surprisingly simple concept, each end of the double-bladed one Is simply 2 different lightsabers. You could have 2 different color crystals, one for each saber, and also modify the middle section to allow each saber to be disconnected, allowing you to duel wield.

If i recall correctly, In the Clone Wars movie Asajj Ventress connected her duel sabers into a double-bladed one, and vice versa.

Ban-daed
01.20.2012 , 07:50 AM | #4
I hear somewhere but don't quote me, the concept if a double bladed saber didn't even come into the Star Wars realm until Darth Maul

Again I could be wrong.

Yeah using two different colors would be nice as customization options in game.

SammyRath
01.20.2012 , 08:33 AM | #5
Quote:
I hear somewhere but don't quote me, the concept if a double bladed saber didn't even come into the Star Wars realm until Darth Maul
Sorry to quote you, but the concept was actually introduced in 1995.
I do believe It was Exar Kun's lightsaber he converted into the first version of this. The length was still the same as a normal lightsaber though.

SkullTang
01.20.2012 , 02:39 PM | #6
I think a double blade is two combined, because if not in episode one when maul's got cut in half it would have stopped working.
So I think yea you could do two color crystals.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory