Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

application failed to initilize (resolved)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
application failed to initilize (resolved)

Jayzilla
12.14.2011 , 03:04 PM | #1
For some reason my game won't launch. it gives me this error message when I run it (today, 2:00pm, central timezone):

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002)click ok to terminate the application

I'm using 32-bit vista with a geforce 8400. (old card died, replacement card is in the mail).

My game worked during the beta, so I was surprised when I got this error. to troubleshoot I formatted my machine and reinstalled windows. I have installed the latest 8 series nvidia drivers and the newest direct x version. Then I installed and updated SWTOR. I still get the error message.

I have also run the 'fixlauncher.exe' program and made sure to run as an administrator. Any advice?
"An artist is a bloke who can hold two fundamentally opposing views and still function." Scott Fitzgerald

I Survived the 7/8 Friday Update Thread.

Packetdancer
12.14.2011 , 03:06 PM | #2
Download and install Quicktime again; you can snag the installer from here.
Pahke Stardancer (Jedi Sentinel, Save Taris) / Random CS Forum Participant
Writer, photographer, software engineer, GAMER.

docTOR: SWTOR Launcher Troubleshooting Guide

Jayzilla
12.14.2011 , 03:35 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Packetdancer View Post
Download and install Quicktime again; you can snag the installer from here.
ah now we're getting some where: it loads but just shows black screen. That sounds like the issues the people in other threads have been getting, I should be able to track it down.
"An artist is a bloke who can hold two fundamentally opposing views and still function." Scott Fitzgerald

Jayzilla
12.14.2011 , 03:44 PM | #4
update: hitting alt-enter to switch TOR to windowed got it to go. Thanks!