Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Malavai Quinn

Raynezazki
12.21.2012 , 11:51 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by _Darkstar View Post
The worst part is that from what I understand each class actually has one companion written in a way that you might want to make a kill/keep decision, but then that choice was removed from the game and you have to keep them all.

It would be ok knowing that everyone actually did live happily ever after, but seeing the tension and betrayal and the different beliefs and not being able to do anything about it gets annoying.
Seriously seeing that kill Kaliyo and Ashara choice and having it nullfiied right after. Rage inducing.

Surinen
12.21.2012 , 12:48 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by lokdron View Post
Funny thing is all the SW companions want to kill quiin even vette lol. Honestly I don't even use a healer companion even if I am rolling dps.
indeed, Quinn should be slowly torn apart with a force, maybe whole crew would pull his limbs in a different direction. His presence aboard my ship is a heresy, why would I keep such being alive. Maybe I should question him about his difficult childhood, life among Siths who ruled his every day or maybe his mother was mistreated by them or father os sister or stepbrother - why would I even care about his reasons beyond finding out who ordered him to spy on me ? pointless, just let me feed him to crazied bantas
Aperture Science. We do what we must, because we can. For the good of all of us- Except the ones who are dead.

DarthRamette
12.21.2012 , 02:28 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Surinen View Post
indeed, Quinn should be slowly torn apart with a force, maybe whole crew would pull his limbs in a different direction. His presence aboard my ship is a heresy, why would I keep such being alive. Maybe I should question him about his difficult childhood, life among Siths who ruled his every day or maybe his mother was mistreated by them or father os sister or stepbrother - why would I even care about his reasons beyond finding out who ordered him to spy on me ? pointless, just let me feed him to crazied bantas
Or for those of us who see it was Baras pulling the strings and are not psychopathic killers we don't kill Quinn but go after the real mastermind, Baras.

Surinen
12.21.2012 , 03:56 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRamette View Post
Or for those of us who see it was Baras pulling the strings and are not psychopathic killers we don't kill Quinn but go after the real mastermind, Baras.
it is not a matter of being psychopatic but pragmatic, Quinn, of course was an instrument of Baras, but dangerous instrument nontheless and should be put down to prevent further possible discords - and of course revenge is the most satisfying form of justice.
Aperture Science. We do what we must, because we can. For the good of all of us- Except the ones who are dead.

Raynezazki
12.21.2012 , 06:42 PM | #55
...what happened to moderation? It is intelligent to both spare him and kill him (spare him because useful kill him simply because you can't trust him anymore and as a lesson to the other potential traitors in your crew)

Surinen
12.21.2012 , 06:47 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by Raynezazki View Post
...what happened to moderation? It is intelligent to both spare him and kill him (spare him because useful kill him simply because you can't trust him anymore and as a lesson to the other potential traitors in your crew)
moderation is not optimal, the best solution would be to spare him only to use him and dispose of him after Baras death. this would serve both purposes, hm, well, I think this kind of moderation would work well, althou still risky might be acceptable ( unless he murder half of the crew in their sleep and then bomb a vehicle )

Raynezazki
12.21.2012 , 07:04 PM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by Surinen View Post
moderation is not optimal, the best solution would be to spare him only to use him and dispose of him after Baras death. this would serve both purposes, hm, well, I think this kind of moderation would work well, althou still risky might be acceptable ( unless he murder half of the crew in their sleep and then bomb a vehicle )
*facepalms*

Considering he only betrays you because of Baras disposing of him afterwards is...not really moderation. Or useful. You're letting him (if you believe he's so treasonous) ample opportunity to stab you in the back. Either you think he wasn't betraying you of his free will or you do. If the former there's little reason to kill him once the cause is disposed of. If the second you shouldn't spare him in the first place.

Surinen
12.21.2012 , 07:18 PM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by Raynezazki View Post
*facepalms*

Considering he only betrays you because of Baras disposing of him afterwards is...not really moderation. Or useful. You're letting him (if you believe he's so treasonous) ample opportunity to stab you in the back. Either you think he wasn't betraying you of his free will or you do. If the former there's little reason to kill him once the cause is disposed of. If the second you shouldn't spare him in the first place.
I must disagree. After deafeating obstacles that he gave you, Quinns resolve probably melted a little bit and so he would swear to help bring Baras down, of course taking him aboard again is risky but the risk might be acceptable if the final outcome would be Baras death and then you kill Quinn to eliminate any further threat from his side. His betrayal was of his free will unless Baras used mind trick which he didnt most probably. Whenether he was afraid of his own life or it was a bidding of loyalty it does not matter, he is an intelligence officer with aspirations to move his career. It is a very popular practise to use and dispose, give an illusion of being useful/important and then stabstab to get rid of a notti boy. whole history is painted with it

like with friends in real life; sometimes they betray you in this or other matter ( sometimes just because they had something in it or because someone threaten em - but always out of free will and own profit/security ), then when they feel you are a bigger fish they try to take your side and offer to bring down their old pals, so you agree just to use them and then backstab, turning their carees into ash etc.

AggiePunbot
12.22.2012 , 08:16 AM | #59
The problem here is that BioWare needed to make a decision that would tick off the least amount of players. They could either allow you to kill him (angering the people in the beta who complained along with a whole lot of other future customers), or remove the option to kill him, thus removing the consequences of your action but pacifying a whole lot more people. Damned if they did, damned if they didn't.

I wouldn't object to having the option remain in the game (though I will personally never be taking it myself), but less experienced players may find that killing their only healer in a fit of pique may have disastrous consequences later that they didn't consider when making the choice (and unlike games like Dragon Age 2, MMOs mean no do-overs). And frankly, there are a lot of RPG players that will whine, scream and throw tantrums when things don't go their way due to an action they chose themselves.

CommunitySupport
12.22.2012 , 01:07 PM | #60
Hi everyone,

A number of posts had to be recently removed from this thread for being inappropriate and off topic. Please remember to stay on topic.

Thanks!