Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sudden FPS drops (post beta)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Sudden FPS drops (post beta)

A_Dubbs
12.13.2011 , 11:08 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by SkyNett View Post
As I said I had terrible, unplayable lag in the first couple hours in the beta only in the Jedi Temple - was unplayable.

Then it was fine - most likely an in game issue since I had the same problem in the same place. Gotta expect some bugs and problems in the initial couple of days unfortunately.
It's every building for me though, whether i'm a Jedi, a Sith, a Bounty Hunter, every indoor space I go to is like this. I'll give it a few days and see if it works itself out, I've already started a ticket in game anyway to see if they have any advice.

tworms
12.13.2011 , 11:21 AM | #12
I'm having this same issue, except I'm lucky to get up to 15fps (and that's only if I have the camera swung over top of my character). The Jedi Temple and whole starting area is torture right now. I played during the beta weekend and got around 30-40fps which was playable, at least.

In the beta, there seemed to be more options for turning the graphics down, such as limiting the environmental horizon distance and having more specific sliders than "Low."

I was hoping for performance improvements when out of beta... not a downgrade. I'm hoping it's temporary, but for the price of the game I'm starting to grow concerned.

Anyone know if the devs are aware and working on it?

Ruper
12.13.2011 , 12:08 PM | #13
I'm having a similar problem.
I had acceptable framerates for the beta weekends I played, now I am down to 1-3 fps. Happens whether I am in a solo instance or the main area.

Beta was a lot of fun, but right now it is simply unplayable

Jonah_Caine
12.13.2011 , 01:22 PM | #14
Having same framerate issues as in the last two weekend betas.

Indoors and in conversations I get 80-100 fps on Medium-High settings but when I move around in populated areas framerate become extremely unstable and "jerky", jumping from 60-75 down to 10-15 every time I move the camera around.

I could probabky deal with a lower framerate if it was stable, but this is really annoying.

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8600 @ 3.33GHz
4 Gigs of RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6870 1024.0 MB