Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Armormech

whitebetty
01.19.2012 , 11:36 PM | #1
Quick little question, Im a Armormech with scavenging and underworld trading. Is it better to just climb one skill lvl as fast as i can on one or should i focus on keeping them somewhat even as i go?

Right now i am Armormech 160 somin, scavendgin 150 somethin, and underworld somethin like 70. I have already gotten to making armor higher lvl than my own character so should i stop crafting random peices to climb lvls or stop and collect up as many lvls in scavenging and underworld so that i can always be prepared to make what i want, or something like that.

I didnt make a very clear question, but just some, any, advice would be appreciated because i am new to this crafting system, though i do love it more than others ive done!
***Jung Ma RP-PVP Server***
Ancient Astronaut Theroist

rukks
01.20.2012 , 12:13 AM | #2
I just gather stuff in world and use spare companion to get me gifts/metals from UWT.

You should probably stop crafting if your making stuff well above your level, if you have a large source of spare materials for lower items, try RE some greens and sell the blue versions.
koltox.IMPERIAL AGENT OPERATIVE

Collusion // www.collusion-guild.com // Oceanic PvP & Raiding guild.

Jenarie
01.20.2012 , 12:22 AM | #3
I usually try to keep my armormech making gear 1-2 levels above my actual level. That way I have time to craft and RE the green of each item I want and still have blue or purple ready to go by the time I can equip it.

Scavenging can be leveled up while questing but if you get too far ahead you won't be able to find nodes so really no reason - without sending missions you can keep it up with your armormech level pretty easily.

Underworld trading can lag behind but make sure you stay in the correct tier to be able to get the materials you need to make the blues/purples for the levels you are working on.

whitebetty
01.20.2012 , 09:10 AM | #4
ok thank you for lettin me know.
One more thing i thought about is why as i grow in armormech and learn new equipment(at least for heavy armor as far as i can tell) i dont learn many chest peices of armor but all the others? Is it just my lvl right now is too low and it picks up as you get higher?

Darguth
01.20.2012 , 10:02 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by whitebetty View Post
ok thank you for lettin me know.
One more thing i thought about is why as i grow in armormech and learn new equipment(at least for heavy armor as far as i can tell) i dont learn many chest peices of armor but all the others? Is it just my lvl right now is too low and it picks up as you get higher?
The slot items seem to get upgraded every like 5-6 levels. So once you get a chestpiece schematic it will be awhile until you see the next one. Same for most slots.

whitebetty
01.20.2012 , 11:05 AM | #6
turns out i had more questions than i thought i would. so my question now is how do yall mostly aqcuire schematics or orange items that you can customize fully yourself. Whats the best way to get say heavy armor ones if there were a best way.

zenfaust
01.20.2012 , 11:24 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by whitebetty View Post
turns out i had more questions than i thought i would. so my question now is how do yall mostly aqcuire schematics or orange items that you can customize fully yourself. Whats the best way to get say heavy armor ones if there were a best way.
They come from underworld trading... you will occasionally get one along with whatever you send your companion out for in the first place. Good luck getting one that is your profession/class though.. >_>

VinnieDaMac
01.20.2012 , 12:47 PM | #8
Your skill is pretty low still, you can probably drop it and pick up Biochem without having wasted too much time/money.
VinnieDaMac
-Republic Commando-
Order of Otium
Bondar Crystal Community Forums

whitebetty
01.20.2012 , 01:20 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by VinnieDaMac View Post
Your skill is pretty low still, you can probably drop it and pick up Biochem without having wasted too much time/money.
Why does bio give them out more often? what does bio do? plus for now either way i prob need to keep underworld becuase im making myself new armor as i lvl up in crafting and fighting so o need the materials to make the armor so far from underworld, like some metals and few other things

Wycross
01.20.2012 , 02:11 PM | #10
The Biochem advice is related to the perception that it's a better end-game tradeskill. If you enjoy Armormech, you can safely disregard it.