Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

400 Armstech, am I missing something?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
400 Armstech, am I missing something?

chillinvillain
01.20.2012 , 02:00 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Wasqa View Post
That's your problem, you only REed 50 blues. Try to RE 300 and you have a good chance to get a purple.

ok sarcasm behind, the RNG on learning something new is pathetic. I am a Cybortech Trooper. So I was makig AIM armoring, AIM Mods and Commando friendly earpieces. Here are my results on REig:

Reflex Armoring 22
From green to Blue - 113 REs
From Blue to Purple - 17 REs

Reflex Mod 22
From Green to Blue - 96 REs
From Blue to Purple - 326 REs

And I Still cannot find the Purple Endowment Earpiece - 456 REs.

Ok I have been 50 for 3 weeks now, and I already upgraded most of purple Armoring and modes, got Rakata implants from dailies and days away from Rakata earpiece. So all of the time and money I spent on REing things is vaisted. Well not entierly Having 124 earpice and armor helped the first 3 days for HModes and the first Operation.

Right now I am just outfitting my Alts, for even guildies do not need any of the level 49 Purples I can make. I think I made 5 Armorings for one guildie and this is it.

Think of a Craft Skill other then BioChem as an expensive hobby and not something to help you progress.
how many blue mats exactly do you need to make one of those blues? 400 armstech here, made probably 75 Skill 22 barrels and yet to proc one but see your point if it took you over 300. As far as I'm concerned though, I'm pretty much done with it since you can farm 3 dailies on Illum and get a lvl 23 barrel. Totally nukes the point of
a) having level 49 barrels
b) me spending any sort of money to try and crit up to purple

as for the Orange weapons, I also agree, they are rather pointless. At first I was like, "Well, I guess these are for companions or something." until I found that opening up the Belsavis bonus quest heroics gives you 1 daily heroic that gives customizable level 50 weps to all but one companion (one of them gets a blue). So GG on that too.

The only thing I've seen of maaaaaaybe any worth are the knives for operatives (like me), but I'm still going to have to get that up to a purple spec I'm guessing for it to compare to drop from the HM. That being said, farming up the 3 biometric's for each knife to then craft it and get it to a purple seems a tad absurd given that others are just handed these crazy good schematics from their vendor.

< D I V I S I O N S I X >
[ Tor-DivisionSix.com ] [ PvP / Story ]
[ WebComic ] [ Information ]

Sivlar
01.20.2012 , 02:08 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Tricsun View Post
Unfortunately i think the RE'd weapons are bugged right now. The main stat (Aim, Cunning, etc) is staying the same from green to blue to purple. So at green you have something like 48 aim (i think), and it will still be 48 aim on the purple version.
I've noticed this too. Greens, blues and purple's attribute stats are all the same. The only thing that changes are the bonus stats (crit, power, surge, ect. rating).

This bug has been around since beta. Except in beta all the stats (attribute & bonus) would stay the same.

I guess they only fixed half of the problem.

threas
01.20.2012 , 02:24 PM | #13
Haven't there been screenshots posted of armstech created orange weapons with augment slots?

Pherdnut
01.20.2012 , 02:34 PM | #14
I can't speak from experience on the end-game stuff (although it sounds like those raid schematics are pretty powerful) but I think there's some points being missed in this thread.

* Primary stats aren't as important or interesting as those derived stats (crit, power, etc...). In addition to name-bound stats that stack, those secondary stats do upgrade just for going from green to blue to purple.

* REing the right blue and then the right purple on top of that will stack those derived stats in a big way and then further benefit from the right augment. When you start getting greens with built-in secondary stats in the late 20s, blues become much more obviously powerful weapons.

* The best recipes generally aren't bought from the crew skill vendor. Pay attention to schematics on the market.

* Wait until an item is gray or green difficulty to make before trying to RE items of that type. Yellow and red are much harder to pull off.

* Two-Weapon classes should consider the fact that the damage is nerfed way down on the second hand. A weapon with vastly inferior damage can actually upgrade overall damage pretty easily if it has the right stats of other types. RE-stacked +Power, for instance.

* Blues are easy to RE, only cost a few common mats to make and typically more powerful than all-blue modded oranges at the same level.
Amurrka, Malfunction, Skeeve, Derp, Deeva, Orinj @Dreshdae Cantina

"QQ!"

Tharag
01.20.2012 , 02:41 PM | #15
while crafting is somewhat fun and interesting. i have never seen anything crafted at the highest level, exceed anything obtained from high end raiding in any of the MMOs i've played.

i've played EQ2 all most since launch and have been very active in crafting. although the mastercrafted items were better (in most cases) than the legendary items you get from tough bosses in dungeons, they were quiet inferior compared to the fabeled items you got from raiding.

so if your looking for crafted items that are better than items obtained from completing Ops. i doubt you're going to find it. because if you think about it, why would you be able to craft an item that is better than an item that you would need to do Ops for. Ops are for the best gear in game, and should/always be the best gear in game.

as far as crafted items being better than items purchase able from vendors for a few tokens or whatever... they should be equal or weaker to what you can purchase, again the same principle applys, "why would you run Ops for better gear, when you can just craft them?!?"

also the game is farely new, only a month old now. i can't remember any MMO i;ve played where crafting in the very early days of the games life was somewhat dull and lack-lustered ... so for me, my expectations of end crafting are kinda low at this point, but i hope / think that it will get better with time.

Tricsun
01.20.2012 , 02:48 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by threas View Post
Haven't there been screenshots posted of armstech created orange weapons with augment slots?
There are plenty of them, and they come filled with mods too. Level 48 mods. That require hard mode drops (Biometric crystal alloy, 3 each).

threas
01.20.2012 , 03:08 PM | #17
There are plenty of them, and they come filled with mods too. Level 48 mods. That require hard mode drops (Biometric crystal alloy, 3 each).
So just take the mods out and put some level 50s on them, the important thing is orange with augment slot.

bgarretts
01.20.2012 , 03:44 PM | #18
how many blues did you have to RE to get a purple. i did enough greend to get the overkill blue i wanted but for some reason i cant get the next step up.. i am at about 75 blues RE'd now. wraith elite sniper RE'd to Overkill elite wraith sniper then nothing .. i have never had such a hard time making a weapon into an artifact. It is making 400 armsmith much worse to use spending hundreds of thousands of credits on mats to RE it over and over and over again then someday ill have to get the mats to make the purple for a temp gun that i can use until pvp picks up at or i get a lucky bag from pvp ... sorry just frustrated with it.

Warkyd
01.20.2012 , 03:51 PM | #19
Yeah. So by the time you can make the weapon youll already have one thats considerably better.
400 armstech is garbage atm.

LPwookie
01.20.2012 , 04:02 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Wasqa View Post
That's your problem, you only REed 50 blues. Try to RE 300 and you have a good chance to get a purple.

ok sarcasm behind, the RNG on learning something new is pathetic. I am a Cybortech Trooper. So I was makig AIM armoring, AIM Mods and Commando friendly earpieces. Here are my results on REig:

Reflex Armoring 22
From green to Blue - 113 REs
From Blue to Purple - 17 REs

Reflex Mod 22
From Green to Blue - 96 REs
From Blue to Purple - 326 REs

And I Still cannot find the Purple Endowment Earpiece - 456 REs.

Ok I have been 50 for 3 weeks now, and I already upgraded most of purple Armoring and modes, got Rakata implants from dailies and days away from Rakata earpiece. So all of the time and money I spent on REing things is vaisted. Well not entierly Having 124 earpice and armor helped the first 3 days for HModes and the first Operation.

Right now I am just outfitting my Alts, for even guildies do not need any of the level 49 Purples I can make. I think I made 5 Armorings for one guildie and this is it.

Think of a Craft Skill other then BioChem as an expensive hobby and not something to help you progress.

Most of the skills right now seem great solely for leveling. Cybertech makes good ship upgrades and good ear pieces at level 50. We also get the reusable gernades. Unfortunately, we dont get to make any really good level 50 armor, armor mods, etc. The only thing you should RE to the puprles for are the ear peices. The rest is up to you, but with how fast you can level a purple may not be worth the time.