Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Refusing a marriage proposal..

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Refusing a marriage proposal..

Ranadiel_Marius
01.29.2012 , 07:32 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by cuffsncars View Post
I wholeheartedly agree! I am a female alien sith inquisitor who has gotten andronikos up to 9000 affection at lvl 40. Now he wants to get married! *** he's a pirate. Also I havnt gotten my last companion yet who is also an Alien... what If I get married and ruin any potential romance with y new companion... It sux. I would kinda like to refuse him and keep up the romantic fling, is that possible?
I'll save you the headache, your last companion is not romancable at all.

Milrya
02.04.2012 , 12:04 AM | #12
I got my affection up to 9000ish with Torian and after a few flirty words and no real romance he asked me to marry him. took the I'm not ready but I still love you option seeing how it all just kinda came up so fast. Then I worked it up past 10000 I even dropped everything and saved him from crazy kidnappers hoping he might ask me again. I was kinda sad to find out that, that's it there will never be another proposal from him again or any kinda romance. I really don't see how we couldn't keep romancing for a little longer before marriage came up it just all seemed so fast and now it won't ever happen. I really hope when the expansion comes out theirs another option for those that thought things moved a little to fast and are finally ready to settle down after a few years. I'm mean jesh I dated my real life husband for 10 years before we got married.

cdstephen
02.04.2012 , 01:39 AM | #13
In comparison, romancing Mako (first BH companion) feels much more realistic as you have the opportunity to flirt with her many, many times, and by the time you do get married you've essentially spent the entire game getting to know her and finishing her quest.
The HK droid that absolutely no one likes.

Torikae
02.23.2012 , 12:15 PM | #14
My friend romanced Risha with a male Smuggler - He avoided his opportunity to propose... will put the result in spoiler tags just in case:

Spoiler

I certainly can't speak for all the companion romances, but long story short, yes, in some of them at least the relationship will continue even if you don't go down the marriage route.

Lara_Nilsson
02.28.2012 , 04:44 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Milrya View Post
took the I'm not ready
That's too bad the game doesn't allow "thinking about it" and getting back to the subject after a while. But I'm curious - what did Torian say aboyt the refusal? I'm asking my friends and no one chose this option.
What is life?
It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a bantha in the wintertime.
It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset.

Holytoe
02.29.2012 , 01:59 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by SubstanceKaon View Post
Have any of you gotten far enough into the romance sub-plot with a companion to the point where a marriage proposal was on the table, and then refused?

I'm not talking flat out spite; pure hatred-fueled rejection, I'm referring to the option where you tell your romantic interest that you're not ready for that step yet.

Possible spoilers regarding Bounty Hunter/Smuggler romances:
Spoiler

What I'm wondering is whether or not anyone (kindly) refused the proposal when the option came up, and if so, what sort of conversations did you have with that companion afterwards? Torian offered no affection loss when I told him I wasn't ready, but I've yet to finalize that decision as I'm unaware whether or not that would wholly terminate the relationship.
Yeah, I was curious about why my companion stopped her advances upon my rejection. I kind of expected to have to work for her attention. If I dont play hard to get... what else will she want to have "easily". So, this is my feedback to Bioware that having frivolous relationships/marriage/etc seems to prevent the possibility of having a solid, long-lasting one.

Down-side is emotional wreck (ie. significant other companion) wrecking the ship while you are off questing with another companion. I suppose BW wants to keep it light and simple.
Life is a delicate negotiation. cake is a lie and this is all a figment of your imagination. And the sith code about passion... interesting...

Birna
03.05.2012 , 12:22 PM | #17
The Corso conversation you're talking about, he's not really proposing (yet). He's just making his intentions known: He is playing for keeps, and wants to make sure you know that (and I assume he also wants to know if it's even a remote possibility). Corso has no idea how to play it cool. It's part of why I don't actually like him.

I turned down Lt. Iresso's proposal, he seemed to understand. We're still a THING, it seems, I had sort of expected to break up. But nope!

Tarakona
03.13.2012 , 04:21 PM | #18
On my Sith Warrior, I let Quinn propose but chose the "But I like things the way they are." option to which he has a shocked silence then "Back to my duties then I suppose." There was one last quest afterwards where I told him I want him to father my children (I forget the other 2 options). His reaction was pretty neutral...something along the lines that he'll do his duty. Strangely I had the last quest for Broonmark at the same time and thought it was funny when he says he'll help train my children. :P

Cordarn
03.14.2012 , 11:37 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by SubstanceKaon View Post
Have any of you gotten far enough into the romance sub-plot with a companion to the point where a marriage proposal was on the table, and then refused?

I'm not talking flat out spite; pure hatred-fueled rejection, I'm referring to the option where you tell your romantic interest that you're not ready for that step yet.

Possible spoilers regarding Bounty Hunter/Smuggler romances:
Spoiler

What I'm wondering is whether or not anyone (kindly) refused the proposal when the option came up, and if so, what sort of conversations did you have with that companion afterwards? Torian offered no affection loss when I told him I wasn't ready, but I've yet to finalize that decision as I'm unaware whether or not that would wholly terminate the relationship.
I accepted Elara dornes proposal.
What do you mean they shot a torpedo into the core?!?

Maylen
03.14.2012 , 07:26 PM | #20
Strangely enough I turned down proposals on both my 50's. Quinn I was rather angry at still, and no, he never asked again, and the romance is not continuing (although I could tell him to father my children).

On my trooper, I gently turned down Aric saying that I wasn't the settling down sort. Lost affection, but he said he didn't want to push me into something I wasn't ready for. We still do have a romance because the next conversation asked about adopting children and he's been sending me love letters. There is no further proposal though.