Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Crashing Frequently

Ashe
12.14.2011 , 02:49 PM | #1
The Issue:
About every hour or so, my game is prone to freezing up and crashing to desktop. It comes completely out of nowhere and I cant discern if it is being triggered by anything that I do in-game but I don't think that it is. Sometimes the crashes happen more frequently, for example I crashed twice in a row in the last warzone that I was in.

My PC specs are as follows:
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
- Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
- 4GB ram DDR2
- ASUS P5Q-Pro motherboard
- GeForce GTX 580
- 125GB CORSAIR SSD hard drive
- Creative X-Fi sound card

Note:
- My drivers are all up to date including video, sound, mobo BIOS, directX, visual studio, etc.
- I cleaned my PC and I've been watching my temps but nothing is getting above 50c
- I did a repair of the game using the launcher
- I installed a clean, retail version of the game

If I can think of anything else I will update, any help is greatly appreciated.

Ashe
12.14.2011 , 04:04 PM | #2
It happened again... anyone got any ideas?

Grescal
12.14.2011 , 04:05 PM | #3
could be a graphic card issue ive had similar problems with that same card it may be overheating.

keep in mind it only takes seconds to drastically change a temp and by the time you see your temp its prolly already cooled down.

try turning your graphics down a little and see if that helps.

Kotyy
12.14.2011 , 04:09 PM | #4
Try running a stress test on your Graphic card (ON YOUR OWN RISK), i bet you are having a not as good power supply, or are barly mathing power supply needed for your Graphic card/CPU.

Ashe
12.14.2011 , 04:14 PM | #5
I have a 750 watt corsair power supply. also keep in mind that this card can run battlefield 3 on ultra with 60+ frames per second so I don't think this game is taxing it. Thanks for the ideas though.