Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cathar Playable Race

Master_Jeth
01.19.2012 , 07:50 PM | #1
If I could have one thing in this game, it would be a Cathar playable race. Of all the races that could be or should be in this game, I personally want to play a Cathar Jedi Knight but as a race in general they could do all 4 Republic classes no problem.

If anyone else out there has any desire to play as a Cathar, speak up. Not asking for good wishes, just asking if you want to be able to play this race, make a post and share your thoughts.
"Look before you. Your world is in the shadow of the Imperial Fleet. Your armies are beaten, your leaders are imprisoned and you are an Imperial citizen now. All shall bow to the Sith Empire." - Lord Lonan

Kaze_Meijin
02.03.2012 , 04:08 PM | #2
I would love to see Cathar as a playable race as well but they can go for some of the imperial classes too. like the bounty hunter or sith inquisitor. and it would work with lore because cathar have a history of being slaves and so who's to say that the empires slaves don't include some cathar? plus it has been shown that quite a few cathar are force sensitive so why couldn't there be a force-sensitive cathar slave that the sith send to korriban to be traineed as a sith inquisitor? just saying (if i haven't shown it yet, Cathar are my favorite species).

Ashu-ri
02.03.2012 , 04:09 PM | #3
Would love to play a cathar.

Skoll
02.03.2012 , 04:16 PM | #4
I wouldn't rule out the possibility of the Legacy system allowing us to unlock Cathar as a playable species.
Hi! I'm Darth Harrington of Darth Harrington's Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids Emporium and Moon Base. Due to a garbled subspace transmission, I am currently overstocked on all Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids, and I am passing the savings onto yoooou!

marshalleck
02.03.2012 , 04:18 PM | #5
Cathar seems likely, they're already companions which means they can use all the animation sets player characters use, and they have quite a few customization options. Personally I would prefer to play Togruta, but either way, if we get any completely new playable races via the Legacy system I think I'd put my money on either or both of these two.
Classless character progression // Deep crafting & harvesting // Fully customizable spells & skills // Living world with seasons, weather, dynamic day/night & wildlife ecology // >

Darkhosis
02.03.2012 , 04:18 PM | #6
So you want to play a furry?

Kung Fu Cathar?

Personally my least favorite race, lol. Reminds me of the play Cats or the cat people in Elder Scrolls (wow can't believe I forgot their name). You can play a cat person in a few MMOs already.

What about the Voss, Duros, Devorians, etc... Seeing 100's of cat people might make me pretty ill.
The Gamer Down - Game Reviews
http://www.youtube.com/user/darkhosis

Kaphik
02.03.2012 , 04:19 PM | #7
Cathar would definitely be fun, especially seeing all the <Thundercatz> guilds that would pop up.

Thelgow
02.03.2012 , 04:20 PM | #8
Ungh, furries.
I love just about every sort of demi-human race in all of fantasy fiction. Except furry types.
Im a leo, love lions, have an affinity towards cats.. But furries...

Kaze_Meijin
02.03.2012 , 04:21 PM | #9
Voss, duros and stuff are cool too... i would hope that they put in a lot of different species so you don't see a million of the same things running around... but i still want cathar to be playable because i love them :P
They were known for their loyalty, passion, and temper. Quick and powerful, they were considered great warriors and dedicated, efficient predators. Cathar had high moral values... prized as slaves
--http://www.wookieepedia.com/cathar

Achromatis
02.03.2012 , 04:25 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Thelgow View Post
Ungh, furries.
I love just about every sort of demi-human race in all of fantasy fiction. Except furry types.
Im a leo, love lions, have an affinity towards cats.. But furries...
Furries are still better than elves. I hate elves.
Not Meant to Be a Factual Statement

The plural of anecdote is not data