Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware...why am I no longer a battlemaster?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Bioware...why am I no longer a battlemaster?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JovethGonzalez
01.19.2012 , 08:03 PM | #101 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by ZaneKaiser View Post
So I just got an email from Bioware stating I was caught using an "exploit". Um...the valor thing was a bug on your behalf, I was just playing the game like you told me to. They then told me they will take action to reverse the effect of the exploit?!

So I log in and I see my valor rank go from Battlemaster down to Gladiator

I'm sorry but why are you punishing me for something that was your fault?
Hey ZaneKaiser, we just checked with our ToS team and no action was taken against you. Our team is actively investigating those that took extreme advantage of the situation on Ilum, but you, personally, have not been actioned against. However, due to the misinformation that you have posted, your post has been reported to our community forum team and they will take action, per our forum rules.

Tolarus
01.19.2012 , 08:04 PM | #102
**Good news on two levels, offically being called out on the carpet AND they are busting heads of those who were found using this 'exploit'!

It never fails, they use it every single time. I love it when they try to turn it around on the studio with the "But it was a bug in YOUR game, your system allowed me to do it so its not wrong" line of reasoning.

Malefactor
01.19.2012 , 08:05 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkeGBF View Post
lmao YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Resubscribing if this is true.
Regardless of whether or not the OP is lying, did anyone actually believe that nothing would be done to those who exploited?

Edit: well it seems BioWare posted whilst I was typing my post, so he was indeed lying. Still doesn't change that something will be done to those who exploited. Not happening immediately =/= not happening at all.
Hyperbole: The angry forum poster's weapon of choice.

Twisted_Sisters
01.19.2012 , 08:05 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hey ZaneKaiser, we just checked with our ToS team and no action was taken against you. Our team is actively investigating those that took extreme advantage of the situation on Ilum, but you, personally, have not been actioned against. However, due to the misinformation that you have posted, your post has been reported to our community forum team and they will take action, per our forum rules.
Hail Mary, Son of... hope?

Thorun
01.19.2012 , 08:05 PM | #105
ha ha OP got caught lying hahah

DirtyDozen
01.19.2012 , 08:06 PM | #106
Yep... pwned
Squadron 238

Rasstavad
01.19.2012 , 08:06 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by Twisted_Sisters View Post
One way to find the truth... reported... bioware will have to lock the thread if the OP was never given an official email. If not, well... d@mn!!!

/check and mate (yes I'm a geek)
They may not lock it - the moderators here may not have easy access to information regarding your toons. I don't know...

But the suspicious part is the lack of proof (people always have proof, even doctored, of these things, eh?) and the fact there aren't MULTITUDES of people screaming bloody murder. I still see literally dozens of BM's running around who were rank 40's two days ago.

edit: just saw the above post... roflmao. busted.

fro_do_fraggins
01.19.2012 , 08:07 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
As I thought. They aren't rolling back the broken valour gains from yesterday. Just roll it back for everyone and start over.
(████████████████████[╫///////////╫]█████████████████████)

Supercaptain
01.19.2012 , 08:07 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by ZaneKaiser View Post
So I just got an email from Bioware stating I was caught using an "exploit". Um...the valor thing was a bug on your behalf, I was just playing the game like you told me to. They then told me they will take action to reverse the effect of the exploit?!

So I log in and I see my valor rank go from Battlemaster down to Gladiator

I'm sorry but why are you punishing me for something that was your fault?
I sincerely hope this is true. If so, my faith in Bioware will be restored.

Tatami
01.19.2012 , 08:07 PM | #110
Nvm. Didn't read the GM's post. Filthy lying OP.
Begeren Colony Server.
Grim Determination
Tatia,Tatami, Tatiana, Tatsi, Tatsuko, Tatsuki