Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What is considered 'geared' for hard modes?

Farabee
01.20.2012 , 10:50 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Risingstars View Post
Gearing requirements for HMs are probably harder on the tank than anything else. When I first started Esseles, I didn't feel comfortable until I had about 17.5k health, but that's just because almost everyone back then is undergeared.
Wha? I was doing HM EV with 16k as a Juggernaut. Do BH/Trooper tanks get massively more health than everyone else?
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded. -Imperium proverb

Battyone
01.20.2012 , 11:19 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
Wha? I was doing HM EV with 16k as a Juggernaut. Do BH/Trooper tanks get massively more health than everyone else?
No, but people make up for missed mechanics and lax play with more gear.
Amistar Nelmarra -- 55 Sage, Ebon Hawk <The Azure Blades>
I stream my bad gameplay.
Come watch the Fat Man rageth on Twitch!

Jalthi
01.20.2012 , 11:58 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Meuwdy View Post
Nice exaggeration. You can get everything pretty quickly, but you can't fully gear up in one day. Unless you only have one modable piece of gear, in which case you have other things to prioritize.
Exaggeration? Do all the normal dailies - 25 commendations - plus the bonus/story missions that you can do once the first time that still give daily commendations, and voila - 4-5 armorings easy. Maybe you have to come back and get one more the next day.

If you'll note what I said, I specifically said armoring/hilt/barrel. I did not say a full set of all mods/enhancements as well. It's not really that hard though, buy those on the AH, or just do the 3 heroic dailies that give out actual purple mods/enhancements.

Bottom line is that within a few days of hitting 50, there's no reason to be undergeared if you're looking to move onto harder content. BW has made is exceedingly easy to gear up.

SapienChavez
01.20.2012 , 12:00 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Jalthi View Post
Exaggeration? Do all the normal dailies - 25 commendations - plus the bonus/story missions that you can do once the first time that still give daily commendations, and voila - 4-5 armorings easy. Maybe you have to come back and get one more the next day.

If you'll note what I said, I specifically said armoring/hilt/barrel. I did not say a full set of all mods/enhancements as well. It's not really that hard though, buy those on the AH, or just do the 3 heroic dailies that give out actual purple mods/enhancements.

Bottom line is that within a few days of hitting 50, there's no reason to be undergeared if you're looking to move onto harder content.
25/8=4 or 5? not seeing yoru math?

but ill agree that it isnt hard... three days and you can gear up your 4-5 pieces of orange gear.
-Sapien Chavez

Monster Hunter and general big game hunter.

Jalthi
01.20.2012 , 12:02 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by SapienChavez View Post
25/8=4 or 5?

but ill agree that it isnt hard... three days and you can gear up your 4-5 pieces of orange gear.
We agree on the overall picture so I'm not flaming you, but it's 25 + however many you get from the story quests that are one-time-only. I don't remember offhand how many that was, but b/w Ilum and Belsavis it was at the very least 7 commendations.

Nightfox_
01.20.2012 , 12:48 PM | #26
I'm not sure how you are hitting 13.5k unbuffed, since even in a bunch of green mods and some random lvl 47 armor with a couple purples I've got 16k unbuffed. I guess the bigger question is, what are you stat stacking?

trotsky_tor
01.20.2012 , 12:55 PM | #27
As far as the general populace is concerned, "geared" = you don't need anything from the content you're about to run.

Trimanir
01.20.2012 , 01:22 PM | #28
With one or 2 daily run you get 2 item with 126 rating and most green-blue (106-116 rating) level 50 item. you should be able to do it.

This should have every info you need.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=176836

Osmaht
01.20.2012 , 01:36 PM | #29
Many people consider wiping in hard mode fps to be completely unnacceptable and will thus refuse to run with anyone not in full epic equipment or who hasn't run the instance before.

Seriously I had a guy respond to my LFG message for KUS with "only if u have run it before" on the day of its release.

Mantang
01.20.2012 , 02:05 PM | #30
I'm a tank and I've never had a problem taking damage but the minute I hit 50 I went and did the Belsalvis dailies and took my money and bought the ridiculously cheap 49-50 epic level equips on the trade network. My frustration is actually from dps that just aren't doing enough to beat the enrage timers.