Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please add a looking for group function

Anfinn
01.20.2012 , 05:51 AM | #21
remove the pvp tool for a month and see how the pvp people feel....

GengisKahn
01.20.2012 , 06:13 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by tXHereticXt View Post
There is one. Just not many people use it for whatever reason.
No there is not. There is an option to set a flag at the side of your name in the /who and a comment.

That's not a LFG feature.

We need a proper LFG tool.
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. (Groucho Marx)
There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't

Alcarinn
01.20.2012 , 06:40 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Stealysteve View Post
The title says it all, please add a looking for group function like World of Warcraft. WoW did it right and it only took a few minutes to find a group which made grouping very fun and quick. Right now I spend a solid 30 minutes just wandering in a town looking for someone to help, the constant whispering is also very daunting. The current system (without the LFG function) has actually pushed me away from doing group quests because whats the point of wasting 30 minutes just to get a terrible group together? Please add an LFG function for the of God, i mean, the force!
It pushed you away cos youre anti social in need of instant gratification...

I have 25 friends asking me for groups everyday when i get online at peak hours.

It sucks to be crap at communication!

Alcarinn
01.20.2012 , 06:41 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Anfinn View Post
remove the pvp tool for a month and see how the pvp people feel....
As long as we get an instance type of portal like there is on ship barely anyone will complain except the instant gratification required kiddos.

GengisKahn
01.20.2012 , 06:56 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Alcarinn View Post
As long as we get an instance type of portal like there is on ship barely anyone will complain except the instant gratification required kiddos.
Lol, reah, right, make it so no one can go into a Warzone without a whole group and that they have to actually fly to a portal. That would actually be the end of PVP in the game.

It isnt about instant gratification, its about getting rid of the stupid stone age SPAMMING (which, as its name says, its ANNOYING) system.
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. (Groucho Marx)
There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't

_Zorth_
01.20.2012 , 07:07 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by craigisbetter View Post
lfg should not Teleport you to fp and should not be cross server.
You obviously don't know what you're talking about, Making it more unvonvinient for players to get to a dungeon isn't such a great idea. You think the community grows together, well..

I hate to break it to you but the community doesn't become better when you have the trade chat spammed with "LFG xxx.. LF1M Healer xxx.." and people raging on this game because they can't find a group to play a flashpoint one of the core elements of the game..

Ninja Looters hardly exist, even if they do you can just kick them and have a new player in a matter of seconds if you have a LFG tool..
The Red Eclipse
Best Player World Wide
..Greedo shot first

Synalon
01.20.2012 , 07:13 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by _Zorth_ View Post
You obviously don't know what you're talking about, Making it more unvonvinient for players to get to a dungeon isn't such a great idea. You think the community grows together, well..

I hate to break it to you but the community doesn't become better when you have the trade chat spammed with "LFG xxx.. LF1M Healer xxx.." and people raging on this game because they can't find a group to play a flashpoint one of the core elements of the game..

Ninja Looters hardly exist, even if they do you can just kick them and have a new player in a matter of seconds if you have a LFG tool..
I've had ninja looters, and sure you can kick them and carry on. But honestly I've also been the one asked to join a half done instance/flashpoint and I think " nope I'll be missing loot I'd rather go from the start ".

But how many groups in a half finished instance are willing to do it again right after so the person who joined half way through also gets a chance at all the loot.

I've even joined heroic 4's where 2 of the group was on stage 2 while me and another was on stage 1, and once they completed what they required they left the group leaving us with an unfinished heroic.

2 players and 2 companions meant we had 4 and was able to finish it, but I put those 2 players on ignore with my tank and my healer and I can only imagine it would be worse if it was cross server with fewer consequences.
Jen'Taral
Empire Rp/PvP
[Recruitment Thread]

Alcarinn
01.20.2012 , 07:13 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by GengisKahn View Post
Lol, reah, right, make it so no one can go into a Warzone without a whole group and that they have to actually fly to a portal. That would actually be the end of PVP in the game.

It isnt about instant gratification, its about getting rid of the stupid stone age SPAMMING (which, as its name says, its ANNOYING) system.

You dont need full group for flashpoints you can use companions.... or solo also...

so dont write bs.

You said no Queue button but you gotta run to instance on fleet like you have to do that for flashpoint.

I sign that.

Rest is you adding bs all over

Arcnemes
01.20.2012 , 07:13 AM | #29
Bioware may need to make changes to the LFG system, but they should NEVER do anything similar to WoW. People need to be responsible for their actions and if you make enough enemies, there should be consequences.

I think a LFG like DDO should suffice. Never let it be cross-server and ensure that it forces player interaction.

GengisKahn
01.20.2012 , 07:34 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Alcarinn View Post
You dont need full group for flashpoints you can use companions.... or solo also...

so dont write bs.

You said no Queue button but you gotta run to instance on fleet like you have to do that for flashpoint.

I sign that.

Rest is you adding bs all over
Lol, yeah sure. If BW does that then the ganme would be doomed and you know that.

Stop acting like a self entitled elitists. Take off instant queing warzones and the people will floood the forums with an outrage, we both know that. You want people to think you are such a pro players just because you want unconvenient ways to form groups instead of convenient ones.

I feel pity for you.