Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide] Complete Updated Datacrons Guide

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
[Guide] Complete Updated Datacrons Guide

Almar
01.19.2012 , 06:32 PM | #11
Ord Mantell Datacrons (Republic Only)

Red Matrix Shard Datacron

Coordinates: X 778, Y 8

The Red Matrix Shard is located in southwestern Ord Mantell on the island of Mannet Point and is extremely easy to get to. Near the island of Mannet Point you will find a broken bridge, you will need to run across this bridge and jump off into the water below. Once you're in the water make a break for the island as a lot of this area is counted as an Exhaustion Zone, meaning you will take damage just for being out here. Once you make it across the water and to the island the path you need to take is fairly straight forward. The only other surprise is that cube is guarded by a level 6 elite. (ohh emm gee big deal)
Click here for my Red Matrix Shard Datacron Guide.

Presence +2 Datacron

Coordinates: X -977, Y 9

This Datacron is found on Ord Mantell at the coordinates -977, 9. That is on the northern beach of Mannett Point, for those not good with Coordinates. What you need to do in order to reach this Datacron is travel around the western end of the mountain (don't go inside, instead drop down off of the path and follow the beach around until you find the little divet on the map. This is where the Datacron is located. Honestly there is no reason for a super long explanation so here are a few pictures. Click here to see pictures on how to get to this Datacron.

Aim +2 Datacron

Coordinates: X -656, Y 44

This is by far the easiest Datacron to find on Ord Mantell since it is visible from a frequently traveled path. The Datacron is on Savrip Island which is in kinda southwestern Ord Mantell. This Datacron is just northeast of the Presence +2 one, you literally have to pass right by it in order to get to the Presence Datacron. For that reason I recommend grabbing both of these back-to-back before you head over to the Red Matrix Shard. Anyway, onto how to reach this Datacron. From the path that leads right by it (Screenshot 1) head across the river to Savrip Island.

Once on the island you will want to circle around back to the side that faces the ocean. From here you'll want to find a small little dirt slope that leads you onto the plateau opposite of where the Datacron is (Screenshot 1 & 2). Once here it's easy, make your way across the little rock bridge (Screenshot 3) and up onto the plateau. Once up here the Datacron is all yours! To see my guide on how to retrieve the Aim Datacron click here.

Screenshots:

http://almarsguides.com/swtor/datacron/ordmantell/

Almar
01.19.2012 , 06:34 PM | #12
Taris Datacrons

Strength +2 Datacron

Coordinates: X 1187, Y -136

This Datacron is located in Transport Station 5 which is in far eastern Taris. If you're having difficulty finding it, it's in one of the last areas you had quests for on Taris before the bonus chain. If you're still confused take a look at Screenshots 1 & 2 below. Once you find Transport Station 5 you'll want to run all the way through the tunnels far into the northwestern section. Once you come out into the large square room you can pretty much see the Datacron and where you'll be in a few minutes! (Screenshot 3)

To get to the Datacron all you need to do is run across the small pipe nearby (Screenshot 4) and jump to the Datacron's adjacent platform. From here one final jump to the Datacrons platform and you're all done!

Aim +2 Datacron

Coordinates: X -1513 , Y 601

The Aim Datacron is located in the Republic Resettlement Zone, far to the north. To reach it I recommend going through the tunnel area located in (Screenshot 1). You'll want to travel all the way through the tunnel and into the large swamp like area ahead. From here there will be a trail to the north of you, one you'll want to follow up (Screenshot 2). At the top of the path just before the two dead looking trees you'll find a small platform connecting to the rubble to the south (Screenshot 3). Hop onto this platform and follow it around until you find yourself on a small ledge over top the area you just came from below (Screenshot 4).

From here you will want to follow this ledge around and back towards the very first area you started from. When the ledge ends you'll want to jump onto the metal bar below and then onto the hull of the ship from there (Screenshot 6). On the opposite side of the ship you landed on there will be a large metal pipe sticking out, this will be your next jump and a tricky one at that (Screenshot 7). If you miss try and land in between the pipe and the ship, your character will get stuck and you will be able to use /stuck to free him and give yourself a second shot at the jump!

After you make the jump to the pipe follow it until it ends. Below the pipe you'll see another ledge (Screenshot 8) jump down to it and follow it around until you are where I am in (Screenshot 9). From here slowly turn around until you see what is in Screenshot 10. You'll want to be jumping off this platform down onto the ship below through the hole. You can land anywhere you want first if you so choose but the final destination needs to be the ship through the hole.

Cunning +2 Datacron

Coordinates: X: 1047, Y: - 189

This Datacron is located in the Tularan Marsh near Swoop Raceway. To reach this Datacron you will need to start up a damaged pipe around the coordinates (Screenshots 1 & 2). At the top of the damaged pipe you will want to jump onto the broken platform off to the left hand side (Screenshot 3). Run across this broken down platform all the way across to the southern end where you'll be able to jump across to a ledge next to a large wall (Screenshot 4). If you're confused as to what I mean I am looking right at the area in Screenshot 4.

From the platform I am facing in Screenshot 4 you need to jump down to the large surface area to the south. From here run southwest all the way across until you reach another platform at the end of this long one (Screenshot 5). If you're confused at all of where I am right now, take a look at (Screenshot 6). I can see the Datacron from where I am standing and the platform in Screenshot 5, the one we're going to next, is off to my left. If you know where you are now, let's continue towards that Datacron!

What you need to do now is jump across from platform to platform in the southwestern general direction. Once you reach the very end of the platforms you will want to turn right and start jumping across the rubble in a northwesternly direction (Screenshot 7). From here on out the path you will be taking to the Datacron is laid out before you. You really can't get lost.

Willpower +2 Datacron

Coordinates X -363, -147

This is probably by far the easiest Datacron to find on Taris mainly because it requires absolutely no special tactics or strategy to get to. This Datacron is located behind a stack of boxes in the Dynamet General Hospital in The Sinking City. The entrance to this hospital is around X -448, Y -161 (Screenshots 1 & 2). Head down into the entrance of the hospital and down each ramp until you come out to a large room (Screenshot 3). In the right corner ahead of you when you enter the room you'll see a large pile of boxes, I'm looking at this pile of boxes in Screenshot 3.

Run over to these boxes and hop on top of them, behind them you'll see a very well hidden tunnel (Screenshot 4). From here it's easy, all you want to do is follow the corridor all the way around until you reach the Datacron.

Green Matrix Crystal (Republic Only)

Coordinates: X: 1059, Y: 1039

Located in the Abandoned Power Plant. Requires two players to gather this datacron.

Empire Only - Willpower +4

Coordinates: X 442, Y -770

This Datacron takes a bit of jumping to get too, but hey, that's no different than any other Datacron is it?

Empire Only - Cunning +4

Coordinates: X -643, Y 1606

Another Datacron that requires a ton of jumping.

Screenshots for these Datacrons - http://almarsguides.com/swtor/datacron/taris/

Almar
01.19.2012 , 06:35 PM | #13
Tatooine Datacrons

Republic Datacron - Cunning +3

Coordinates X 2140 , Y 453

This Datacron is located ontop of a Roof in Anchorhead. To get here you need to make your way up onto the wall that encompasses Tatooine to the north. The coordinates for this wall are 1636, 447 (Screenshots 1 & 2). You will want to jump up onto the wall and follow the northern edge all the way down until you reach a building (Screenshot 3). Jump up onto the building and follow the rooftops north until you arrive at the northern most end (Screenshot 4).

In the upper right of Screenshot 4 you'll see a building with two barrels and an antenna. Make your way over to this building. Around the northern end of this building you will find an awning that you have to jump up onto (Screenshot 5). Make your way across the awning and onto the building it is connected too. To make it onto this building from the awning you will need to jump diagonal onto the rock thing connected to the building (Screenshot 6). Make your way across the northern buildings until you come to a difficult jump (Screenshot 7). To make this jump I recommend first jumping up onto the small little lip on the building and then jumping across.

After you make that jump go north across the building tops yet again until you reach another awning (Screenshot 8). You don't want to go across where the awning is here but to the left or right of it, on the stone. After you make it across to the next roof head to the southern end of it to another large awning. You'll want to go up this awning but be careful since there is a small gap which you could fall through. You want to jump from the rooftop to the awning at about where I am in (Screenshot 9).

At the end of the awning follow the right anchor up onto the next roof and head south across the rooftop and at the very southeastern end you will see the Datacron down on a platform (Screenshot 10). Jump down to the Datacron and collect your reward!

Empire Datacron - Cunning +3

Coordinates: X: 726, Y: 3137

Ontop the roof of the bank in Moslla.

Willpower +3 Datacron

To reach this Datacron you need to jump down onto a large rock in southern Tatooine and kill your way through a tunnel infested with Sand People. The rock you need to jump down to is located near 2073 , 441 (Screenshots 1 & 2). Take your time getting down to it and heal up when you make it down there because you'll be at low health. If you're higher level you won't even need to kill any of the Sand People, at level 50 I just ran right through. Or if you have stealth you can just use that.

At the very end of the tunnel you'll find the Datacron hanging out on the rock ledge.

Aim +3 Datacron

Coordinates X -620 , Y 479

This Datacron is located in far southwestern Jundland. To reach this Datacron you will need to pass the Imperial Base in Southern Jundland. To start towards this Datacron make your way over to the crashsite in southwestern Jundland (Screenshots 1 & 2). When you're standing in this area you will be able to see the Datacron over the edge of Jundland towards The Dune Sea (Screenshot 3). It will be a long fall down to the Datacron but don't worry, you can make it. If you're worried about dieing fall down to the Datacron in stages.

Blue Matrix Shard Datcron

Coordinates: X: -2389, Y: 412

To get to this Datacron you will need to first go all the way southwest in The Dune Sea to the Sandcrawler almost off of the map (Screenshots 1 & 2). The Coordinates to this Sandcrawler are -2336 , 465. Once here you will have to wait for the Jawa Balloon to make it's rotation over to you (Screenshot 3). The balloon takes about 40 minutes to do a full rotation so you could be waiting here for quite awhile. The good news though is after this extremely long wait you will be able to collect two Datacrons from ontop of the Sandcrawler!

Waiting Time...

Still Waiting...

If you're bored something you can do in the mean time is browse my website! Every letter in this sentence will take you to a different page. Visit them all and you're cool!
Well that took forever to make and the balloon still isn't here!

Once the balloon arrives you won't have long to hop on, so make sure you're paying attention and be quick about hoping on! Once you see the balloon in the distance you have about five more minutes to browse my website (wishful thinking, right?) or to keep going AFK. By then it will be really close and time for you to hop on board. Once on board you will be riding the balloon out until it is far northwest. Here you can see a picture of me going along for the balloon ride (Screenshot 4) Now I'm almost there... (Screenshot 5). Just a lil bit more.... (Screenshot 6). Once you reach the Sandcrawler you will need to jump off the eastern edge. You'll know when to make the jump, just wait patiently until all you see is the Sandcrawler below. At that point you just literally just run off if you'd like (But don't! Obviously just incase).

I made the jump! Here is our first reward! (Screenshot 7 & 8). After you collect your first Datacron make your way around the Sandcrawler until you come out to where I am in (Screenshot 9). Be very very very careful, you wouldn't want to mess anything up now! From where I am standing in Screenshot 9 make your way around to where I am in (Screenshot 10). Slowly from this area put your back down to the ledge below and jump up repeatedly. Each time you jump hit whatever keybinding you have set to make your character go backwards. It will take awhile but it's important you don't miss this!
Finally you'll fall down right where the Datacron is and bam! You're done! (Screenshot 11). You've now successfully collected two of the most annoying Datacrons in the game!

Strength +3 Datacron

Coordinates: X: -2389, Y: 412

How To Retrieve This Datacron

To get to this Datacron you will need to first go all the way southwest in The Dune Sea to the Sandcrawler almost off of the map (Screenshots 1 & 2). The Coordinates to this Sandcrawler are -2336 , 465. Once here you will have to wait for the Jawa Balloon to make it's rotation over to you (Screenshot 3). The balloon takes about 40 minutes to do a full rotation so you could be waiting here for quite awhile. The good news though is after this extremely long wait you will be able to collect two Datacrons from ontop of the Sandcrawler!

Waiting Time...

Still Waiting...

If you're bored something you can do in the mean time is browse my website! Every letter in this sentence will take you to a different page. Visit them all and you're cool!
Well that took forever to make and the balloon still isn't here!

Once the balloon arrives you won't have long to hop on, so make sure you're paying attention and be quick about hoping on! Once you see the balloon in the distance you have about five more minutes to browse my website (wishful thinking, right?) or to keep going AFK. By then it will be really close and time for you to hop on board. Once on board you will be riding the balloon out until it is far northwest. Here you can see a picture of me going along for the balloon ride (Screenshot 4) Now I'm almost there... (Screenshot 5). Just a lil bit more.... (Screenshot 6). Once you reach the Sandcrawler you will need to jump off the eastern edge. You'll know when to make the jump, just wait patiently until all you see is the Sandcrawler below. At that point you just literally just run off if you'd like (But don't! Obviously just incase).

I made the jump! Here is our first reward! (Screenshot 7 & 8). After you collect your first Datacron make your way around the Sandcrawler until you come out to where I am in (Screenshot 9). Be very very very careful, you wouldn't want to mess anything up now! From where I am standing in Screenshot 9 make your way around to where I am in (Screenshot 10). Slowly from this area put your back down to the ledge below and jump up repeatedly. Each time you jump hit whatever keybinding you have set to make your character go backwards. It will take awhile but it's important you don't miss this!
Finally you'll fall down right where the Datacron is and bam! You're done! (Screenshot 11). You've now successfully collected two of the most annoying Datacrons in the game!

Screenshots for these Datacrons - http://almarsguides.com/swtor/datacron/tatooine/

Almar
01.19.2012 , 06:36 PM | #14
Tython Datacrons (Republic Only)

Endurance +2 Datacron

Coordinates: X -33, Y -35

There are two ways for players to snatch up this Datacron, the first and easiest way is for them to travel through the long cave which starts at -38, -28. The second and harder way is to scale the rocks in front of the datacron and retrieve it using that method. If you want to see many different screenshots of how to locate this Datacron click here.

Willpower +2 Datacron

Coordinates: X -640, Y 36

This Datacron is located on the western side of the map in the Ruins of Kaleth. You can find the Datacron on the hill at the base of a statue around X: -640, Y: 36. Despite the location of the Datacron, the path you want to take to locate it begins at X: -648, Y: 4. You will be using the knocked over column here to climb up and into the Upper Kaleth area. If you're having difficulty with this use the little sliver of pillar to reach the Datacron, ignore the large chunk at the top. From here the path should be clear on how to reach the Datacron, if it is not you can use screenshots on this page.

Blue Matrix Shard Datacron

Coordinates: X -92, Y 94

This Datacron is located in the southern Forge of Remnants. To reach this Datacron you will need to work your way through The Forge of Remnants in a southwestern direction until you find a gap in the ruins (Screenshots 1 & 2). After passing through this gap you will want to continue west and pass through the second gap (Screenshots 3 & 4). From here the path is pretty much laid out for you, finding the Datacron will be a breeze. Final coordinates of the Datacron: X -92, Y 94

Screenshots - http://almarsguides.com/swtor/datacron/tython/

Almar
01.19.2012 , 06:37 PM | #15
Ilum Datacrons

Red Matrix Shard Datacron

Coordinates: X 552 , Y 549

This is probably one of the easiest Datacrons to get in the entire game. For Republic players it is located in a friendly area, meaning there is absolutely no danger in retrieving this Datacron. For Imperials you will need to dodge a few elite Republic guards and possibly deal with a Republic player or two but nothing you can't handle. Now that you're probably itching to know, this Datacron is located atop the Republic base of Ilum. It's safely tucked away inside a hut atop the base around the coordinates (552 , 549).

Aim + 4 Datacron

Coordinates: X 920, Y 1072

This Datacron is located in far southeastern Ilum, to reach it you will need to run through a snow storm and an exhaustion zone. To get here safely follow the southern wall around to where I am on the map in (Screenshot 1). The exhaustion zone will only bring you to about 50% health before you make it back to safety and can retrieve the Datacron. Be careful getting down here if you're Republic as there are many Imperial elites just north of where this Datacron is located.

Endurance +4 Datacron

Coordinates: X 106, Y -75

This Datacron is located in a canyon in the center of Ilum (Screenshot 1 & 2) and much like the other Datacrons on Ilum, is extremely easy to get. There are two ways to get to this Datacron, the first way is to jump down into the canyon (don't just jump straight down, jump from ice ledge to ice ledge so you don't die) and the second way is to take an elevator down. I prefer just falling down into the canyon and then either using Quick Travel or taking the elevator back up.

Take into note that if you're Republic you will want to take the eastern elevator up and if you're Empire you'll want to take the western elevator. If not you'll be fighting some mobs when you come up.

Yellow Matrix Shard Datacron

Coordinates: X 311, Y -375

This Datacron is located in the Imperial Base Camp of northern Ilum. Much like the Yellow Matrix Shard piece is, this Datacron is protected by a member of the Imperial faction (the Yellow Matrix Shard it was protected by a Republic mob, but you get my point...) Despite being in the middle of an Imperial base this Datacron is still rather easy to get if you're Republic, even without Stealth. (Screenshot 1) has a look at the Datacron from a distance, the frozen lake nearby the base.

If you look close enough you can see the Datacron inside the hut directly in front of me. From where I am now it's pretty much a straight run in to get the Datacron if you want to avoid all of the Imperial forces. To see the exact location of the Datacron on the map and in game take a look at (Screenshots 2 & 3)

Willpower +4 Datacron

Coordinates: X 300 , Y -1565

This Datacron is located in far northwestern Ilum but to get to it you will need to go down an icey slope in northeastern Ilum (Screenshot 1 has it marked). Where the big white X is on the map is where you will find the slope. You can actually kind of see the slope on the map if you look close enough. Once you're down into the icy chasm you'll want to run all the northwest to where I am on the map in (Screenshot 2). Here you will find an entrance to a cave with a lot more of those Lisk mobs as well as a big champion mob called The Crystal Eater.

All the way in the back northern end of the cave you'll find the Datacron. If you're looking at the Crystal Eater it's to the left, or, in otherwords, straight ahead from where you enter the cave.

Screenshots for these Datacrons -

http://almarsguides.com/swtor/datacron/ilum/

Almar
01.19.2012 , 06:38 PM | #16
Quesh

Strength +4 Datacron

Coordinates X 550 , Y 163

This Datacron is located in southern Quesh and is one of the easier ones to get to here. To start towards this Datacron head over to where I am in (Screenshots 1 & 2). From here you will want to follow the white rock ledge west until you hit the wall and then south down and around the tree. Now it gets a little bit tricky around where I am in (Screenshot 3). Here you will have a giant rock in your way. What you need to do is skirt around the right side of this rock. If you fall onto the little metal ledge stub-thingy that's ok you can get back up to land from there.

Once you make it by the rock continue south following the white stone and using that as your guide. After you go around a corner and come out to a quarry looking area you will be able to see the Datacron in the very short distance (Screenshot 4).

Cunning +4 Datacron

Coordinates X 420 , Y -130

What you need to do to reach this Datacron is go to the area north of the Republic base on Quesh (Screenshot 1). Where I am standing on the map in the first screenshot you will find a pipe which you need to climb up ontop of to start the hunt for this Datacron (Screenshot 2). Once you're ontop of the pipe jump up onto the siding like how I am in (Screenshot 3). Now from here you will want to keep jumping in a southwesternly direction from stub to stub until you reach the large yellow pipe (Screenshot 4). In Screenshot 4 I am looking back at the area we just came from, so you don't get confused.
From the pipe you will want to make it to land and then follow the land west until you come to a large drop off area where you can actually see the Datacron (Screenshot 5). From here you will want to drop down and follow the northern end of the fence all the way around until you come to a break in the fence (Screenshot 6). At the break, go through and over to where you saw the Datacron before and bam, you're all done!

Endurance +4 Datacron

Coordinates X 200 , 770

This Datacron is located inside a cave in central Quesh (Screenshots 1 & 2) and could be easy or hard to get depending on how you look at it. What this Datacron requires is you to go into the cave, deactivate the ventilation system which causes the room to fill with gas. Once the room fills with gas you need to hit the east and west switches which are on two pillars in the room. After that the force field to the south which the Datacron is behind will be lifted. It's pretty easy, you just have to be semi-fast doing it or you die.
When you turn off the ventilation to the room be sure to be standing where I am in (Screenshot 3) that way you are locked inside the room and able to hit the east and west switches.

Screenshots for these Datacrons -

http://almarsguides.com/swtor/datacron/quesh/

Almar
01.19.2012 , 06:40 PM | #17
Voss Datacrons

Willpower +4 Datacron

To get to this Datacron you will first need to fly from Voss-ka to either Ken-La Outpost (Republic) or Fort Kodentha (Empire). Both of these places are in The Old Paths area of Voss-ka, which is good because we're about to be looking for an old path! In southeastern Old Paths you'll find an obvious large path that travels up the side of the mountain (Screenshots 1 & 2). Follow the path up the mountain until you come to where I am in (Screenshot 3). I am looking at the rocks you need to climb which lead up to the cave, which you will obviously need to follow through (Screenshot 4).

This cave will lead you under Voss-ka and around to the Datacron. Once you find the cave you'll be led straight to the Datacron.

Endurance +4 Datacron

This Datacron is located in The Old Paths area as well but at the Shrine of Healing this time. In order to get this Datacron you need to complete the trial quest line, which is pretty much the main quest line of all of Voss. The Datacron is located in the largest room at the Shrine of Healing (Screenshots 1 & 2). In order to retrieve this Datacron you will first need to Meditate at the green crystal in the northeast corner of the room (Screenshots 3 & 4). If you've completed the appropriate quests you will be able to meditate here and then you can meditate at the Datacron to claim your reward.

Strength +4 Datacron

This Datacron is located in southern Voss in The Gormak Lands. If you take the southern most flightpath you'll probably end up here but it's best to check your map first before flying. Once you arrive at The Gormak Lands you will want to go all the way down to the southeast corner of the map at (Screenshots 1 & 2). Once you're here you will want to travel through the small gap in the wall into the circular area down here. Behind the really large rock directly in front of you when you enter is the Datacron.

Cunning +4 Datacron

This Datacron as well as Presence +4 are both located in The Nightmare Lands, so you will want to get both of these back to back. You will find this Datacron in The Boneyard heroic area to the west in The Nightmare Lands. Once in the Boneyard your first stop will be the northern destroyed walker which has a Fallen Trooper next to it whom you need to collect a Shield Decoder off of (Screenshots 1 & 2). Once you have the shield decoder you will want to head just northeast of where you found the body to the red force field area in the ground.

Here you will find a computer terminal that you must use to deactivate the force field, obviously this terminal requires the Shield Decoder you just found (Screenshots 3 & 4). Using the terminal deactivates the Red Force Field, which once deactivated you will want to ride the elevator down to the room below where you will find the Datacron.

Presence +4 Datacron

This Datacron as well as Cunning +4 are both located in The Nightmare Lands, so you will want to get both of these back to back. The location of this Datacron is far northeast in The Nightmare Lands, you will need to access to Spirit World in order to retrieve this Datacron which can only be accessed through the Meditation Tablet (Screenshots 1 & 2). The Datacron is in the middle of the room which you're taken too after using the tablet. To get back out to the real world use the tablet again near where you came in.

To see the screenshots for Voss -

http://almarsguides.com/swtor/datacron/voss/

And that does it for all the planets, you can now comment or whatever!

Ophelyah
01.19.2012 , 07:19 PM | #18
Thank you I was hoping someone would have this up as an easy reference to gather what's needed as I level.

Almar
01.19.2012 , 09:59 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Ophelyah View Post
Thank you I was hoping someone would have this up as an easy reference to gather what's needed as I level.
You're welcome!

I'm sorry that I couldn't get more information in this post, like the helpful screenshots... But forums are rather limited.

Herbaceous
01.19.2012 , 11:52 PM | #20
+1 (metaphorically speaking, as I can't actually find a reputation button on this forum )

Thanks Almar. This is a really useful guide. I've often wondered when someone might have the info on all of these easter eggs.

Cheers!